Team Focker Watch: Lucky Number 13!

Kristel- Have a fabulous time! I'm missing you by literally a weekish. Poo Poo!

CE- I hope you are better. The stomach flu sucks! Poor thing!

Dawn- You wanna come clean mine? ;)

Kat- Great news about your DH!

V- I'd love to hear the highlights. I'm looking forward it this year!

________

DS's b-day party was great! The private viewing room was super neat and the kids loved it... I loved that they could talk and no one would shush them. I also loved the reclining leather chairs. I wish all theaters had seats like that to watch movies!

Is everyone's kids mesmerized by those dumb squishy things? :confused3 The kids around here are gaga for them. I put some in the party bags and you'd think that I had given them gold. All in all I really only spent just over $1 on the party bag contents! :cool1:

Okay- I think I'm cheap. When we go to parties I try to have ds pick something as a gift in the $15-20. Well amongst other things he received 3 items that I know are $29.99 +tax, and 1 gift card that was $50. Each from only one kid. :eek: I'm feeling kind of uncomfortable. AM I TOTALLY OUT OF THE LOOP?

Back to my other news- For those who asked. Yes, it means living in the UK. Leeds specifically. We don't know anything until this project moves forward, but we most likely would be there for a specific amount of time (based on a project). It's all really up in the air... but my DH is really pushing for it with his company. To tell you the truth- after the last year, we really could use a break, a change, time to be away from a lot of things and have to count on only each other. Sorry to be so vague. But my life has not been champagne and roses in the last year. (nothing I can share in this open forum). But... I'm keeping my chin up! :upsidedow

To those who have been... Luau yes or no?
Should I pay extra for closer seats or are they all good? popcorn::

We enjoyed it. I would have paid more to not have to be in the way back (which is what we were stuck with). Would I do it again... no.

If you at all think that you'll try to take a trip to the new DVC resort in HI, I'd save the experience for there. The food at the WDW luau was just not very good. I love O'hana and Kona. This food was neither.

I hope it helps.

Hey all! Dad got home Saturday morning and I have been on the run since. Probably won't be here much this week. The service is on Thursday and we have on of stuff to do between now and then.

Jenn - Hope everything works out for you guys:hug:

Hi Dawn, Kristel and Kat :wave2:

Chat leter:hug:

Is everyone's kids mesmerized by those dumb squishy things? :confused3 The kids around here are gaga for them. I put some in the party bags and you'd think that I had given them gold. All in all I really only spent just over $1 on the party bag contents! :cool1:

Okay- I think I'm cheap. When we go to parties I try to have ds pick something as a gift in the $15-20. Well amongst other things he received 3 items that I know are $29.99 +tax, and 1 gift card that was $50. Each from only one kid. :eek: I'm feeling kind of uncomfortable. AM I TOTALLY OUT OF THE LOOP?

Back to my other news- For those who asked. Yes, it means living in the UK. Leeds specifically. We don't know anything until this project moves forward, but we most likely would be there for a specific amount of time (based on a project). It's all really up in the air... but my DH is really pushing for it with his company. To tell you the truth- after the last year, we really could use a break, a change, time to be away from a lot of things and have to count on only each other. Sorry to be so vague. But my life has not been champagne and roses in the last year. (nothing I can share in this open forum). But... I'm keeping my chin up! :upsidedow
My kids LOVE squishies too. They also love Silly Bandz. :confused3 I'm just glad they're cheap! :rotfl:

I always do a gift for about $10. My stand-bys right now are a Zhuzhu pet for girls and this cool Lego robots game for boys. :thumbsup2 That really does seem excessive to me, but I have three kids going to a lot of parties, so I may be cheap too! :laughing:

I know how you fel on the move thing. When we moved to NB 4 years ago, I was looking forward to that bond we'd form with only each other to lean on. It sounds scary and exciting at the same time! Good luck with the decision! :hug:

We enjoyed it. I would have paid more to not have to be in the way back (which is what we were stuck with). Would I do it again... no.

If you at all think that you'll try to take a trip to the new DVC resort in HI, I'd save the experience for there. The food at the WDW luau was just not very good. I love O'hana and Kona. This food was neither.

I hope it helps.
It helps a lot. I figured it'd be a one time thing, so I would pay more for the good seats. But for $300 I needed to hear from someone who's been to it! Thanks!

Hey all! Dad got home Saturday morning and I have been on the run since. Probably won't be here much this week. The service is on Thursday and we have on of stuff to do between now and then.

:hug::hug::hug: Does your dad plan on staying in FL, Janet?

Jen - any info you need on international transfers let me know, it's what I do :)

Dawn - I didn't care much for the Luau, especially for the price, I like the idea of waiting for the real thing with DVC.

Janet - :hug::hug::hug:

So I am now booked in AKV Kidani 1 bdrm, savannah view for Mother's day week. And I realize that the end of next week is 180+10. I have no idea for meals, especially Mother's Day, any suggestions. Remember Murph is a bit of a snob.

I also have a hold on a verandah room for the Disney Dream for a 3 night cruise for August with my youngest niece. I am clueless on cruising, took 2 in my life, but neither was a Disney cruise. We are then going to do a few days in the parks, again no clue where we are staying.

What happened to me, I used to be such a planner???:confused:

The old me would have everything planned out by now.

So I am off to Philly next week for 3 nights and have plans to see Janet:cool1:. I am going for work, but will meet Janet for dinner one night. Turns out where I am staying is not far from her house.

Other than my Jets being 5-1:worship:, I dont' have much else to say, except that I am still busy at work. We are heading into year end which always suck.

Hope everyone is healthy and happy.

Later.

Hi there Glad to hear that your DS Bday party was a hit!!!I actually have to remember the theatre idea. My ds8 has only been to 1 of them as it seems whenever the party is no good movie is out:confused3

Here in lovely NJ everyone prob goes overboard-- I usually spend $30-35 on the average kid ... but good/close friends I def give more (usually a wii/xbox game). I usually spend approx $10.00-12.00 per kid on a party favor. Thankfully I only have 2 DS's!!!BUT that is the norm here in our area. BIG parties$$$= big(ish) gifts I guess:confused3
Not that way in all of NJ but we live in the same town that they film NJ housewives----NUFF SAID:lmao::lmao:People are crazy!!!

I wish you all the best with your decision to move abroad:hug:

I hope it helps.
ITA with JV
I was glad to do it once BUT the food was HORRIBLE!

:
THinking of you Janet:hug:

Had to take DS5 to dentist this morn--seems his 6 yr molar is prob trying to come in and it is causing pain/swelling and an infection!!! He had lowgrade fever last nite ...FUN FUN..
I have been trying all morning and afternoon to get this kid to take his antibiotic. He is trying ....but everytime he swallows 2 mins later it all comes up(sorry TMI). I even mixed it with soda:lmao:
DMD just called in chewable for him.I hope that will work or maybe I could try to crush it and put it in pudding or applesauce:confused3:confused3
I am going crazy.DS8 would eat dirt if I told him too:lmao:very easy kid..Im paying for it with my little guy:laughing:

Any tricks or ideas welcome

Have a great day ladies

I just caught up with the news. I am so sorry!

Luau - We did it, had front table and it was a really fun show but the food was only OK. the wine and beer thats included wasnt any good either. I def think checking it out once is a good idea tho, im glad we did.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gonna be a long week. I am still getting over throwing out my back. We are headed up to my in-laws house tonight, Papa Garcia is having surgery on his rotator cuff tomorrow morning and we are going to help him there and back since MIL is fairly useless (fake knee & general laziness LOL) . I am staying until tomorrow, KC is staying until Thurs and is going to work straight from his parents house. I need to be home for the kitties. KC's uncle is in the hospital again and its supposedly not looking good, we wont know much for a day or so yet.

Anyways ill prob check in here and there from the in-laws cause all there is to d there is watch tv and go online. :lmao:

Hope everyone has a better week than me!

To those who have been... Luau yes or no?
Should I pay extra for closer seats or are they all good? popcorn::

I've done the luau twice, Jim loves it. I paid for Tier 1 and was right in front of the stage. The food is so-so but I can be picky. I loved the vegies and rice.

Here in lovely NJ everyone prob goes overboard-- I usually spend $30-35 on the average kid ... but good/close friends I def give more (usually a wii/xbox game). I usually spend approx $10.00-12.00 per kid on a party favor. Thankfully I only have 2 DS's!!!BUT that is the norm here in our area. BIG parties$$$= big(ish) gifts I guess:confused3
Not that way in all of NJ but we live in the same town that they film NJ housewives----NUFF SAID:lmao::lmao:People are crazy!!!

I feel cheap now I hit the clearance aisles and look for deals. Of course it is for my granddaughter to give to kids she barely knows.

Had to take DS5 to dentist this morn--seems his 6 yr molar is prob trying to come in and it is causing pain/swelling and an infection!!! He had lowgrade fever last nite ...FUN FUN..
I have been trying all morning and afternoon to get this kid to take his antibiotic. He is trying ....but everytime he swallows 2 mins later it all comes up(sorry TMI). I even mixed it with soda:lmao:
DMD just called in chewable for him.I hope that will work or maybe I could try to crush it and put it in pudding or applesauce:confused3:confused3
I am going crazy.DS8 would eat dirt if I told him too:lmao:very easy kid..Im paying for it with my little guy:laughing:

Any tricks or ideas welcome

Have a great day ladies

No tricks other than those you mentioned. I couldn't swallow pills when I was a kid either and my mom wore them more than once. :lmao: Hope he feels better.

Gonna be a long week. I am still getting over throwing out my back. We are headed up to my in-laws house tonight, Papa Garcia is having surgery on his rotator cuff tomorrow morning and we are going to help him there and back since MIL is fairly useless (fake knee & general laziness LOL) . I am staying until tomorrow, KC is staying until Thurs and is going to work straight from his parents house. I need to be home for the kitties. KC's uncle is in the hospital again and its supposedly not looking good, we wont know much for a day or so yet.

Anyways ill prob check in here and there from the in-laws cause all there is to d there is watch tv and go online. :lmao:

Hope everyone has a better week than me!

Hope everything works out for FIL and KC's uncle.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Not a whole lot going on here.

My new laptop has a software issue so my whatever he is "SIL" is going to fix it while I'm away. It won't upload pics and needs a system restore or something like that.

Went trick or treating at the zoo with my kids and grandkids yesterday, I have a membership so I have to go. It actually was a lot of fun and the kids got some great treats. Crystal probably should have stayed home since she was sent home from school on friday. She didn't go today so I took her to the dr. She has strep. I am going to take an antibiotic as a precaution so I don't get sick. :lmao:

I got really angry at the drs. I had 4 kids so not fun as it is. They called us back and trying to keep the 3 younger ones, especially Mikey, occupied can be hard. The dr came in and Mikey got a little hyper so the dr grabbed him by the arm and started yellling in his face. I was too shocked to move. I was in the process of trying to get a hold of Mikey when it happened. My DD complained to the office manager who said that she doubted that I was accurate about the incident and over-reacting. I was under-reacted and they should be glad I did. Mikey has some issues and I deal with him. NO WAY am I over-reacting. Sorry for the vent but I was a little steamed. My DD was shaking she was so upset and is now switching drs. She has had it with the way they act there.

Onto a better subject. I will be in Disney in 3 days. :woohoo: I'm meeting up with Krystle on thursday when I get down there and am looking forward to it. We just missed each other at the Caribbean last year. I was going into OPR as she was leaving. I didn't know how to text. :confused3 :rotfl2: I did all the laundry, cleaned the bathroom, and only have the kitchen floor left. I'm packing tonight and tomorrow so Wednesday will be an easy day. I have a ride to the airport but no ride home. My DD's car broke down today so I have to scrounge up a ride home. My son is working and my other DD doesn't drive on highways. :confused3 I think I'll be calling my mom and hope she can say up that late.

Oh well. I'm off to find the remote for the TV in the bedroom. I accidentally changed the station and can only fix it with the remote. If i don't find it I'm off to buy a new one. Have a good night.

The only other news is that KC is getting a new job. The job he has been doing part time on the side, offered him a full time spot and it's more $ and more of what he really wants to do. So in the next month that should happen.
Wow good luck to him and I hope the inlaw visit goes ok!

OK, I won't be back 'til I'm back so ya'll be good!!!!!! Hugs to ya!!
Have a fantastic time :wave2:

I've been so crazy cleaning things out this week! I cleaned every closet in the house!
Wow can you come and do mine? :rotfl2:

Wow, I now spend about £10/$15 but when the girls were younger it used to be a fiver/$7-8 and that's what most did!

Sorry to be so vague. But my life has not been champagne and roses in the last year. (nothing I can share in this open forum). But... I'm keeping my chin up! :upsidedow
I'm sorry Jen, if you ever want to vent to someone impartial you can email me or I can call. Also anything you need to know about the UK give us a shout :thumbsup2

:hug:

What happened to me, I used to be such a planner???:confused:
:rotfl2: And have fun with Janet!

Poor little thing, hope you manage to get him to take it, is there no liquid antibiotic? That's all we have for kids here!

My DD was shaking she was so upset and is now switching drs. She has had it with the way they act there.
OMG, glad she's switching!

We had a hail storm today :faint: It was really hard too :sad2: Boo did NOT like it :rotfl2:

V- I'd love to hear the highlights. I'm looking forward it this year!
I'm so sorry - I've been CRAZY busy! :guilty:
Okay- I think I'm cheap.
If you're "cheap" I'm "cheap" with you, lol! My budget's so tight now, it squeaks - no way could I drop a lot of change on Bday gifts.

Back to my other news- For those who asked. Yes, it means living in the UK. Leeds specifically.
How exciting! I'll have TWO friends to visit across the pond :)
But my life has not been champagne and roses in the last year. (nothing I can share in this open forum). But... I'm keeping my chin up! :upsidedow
:hug::hug::hug: And you're doing a fantastic job of it hun! Hang in there.

Sending you lots of warm thoughts and many hugs Janet. :hug::hug::hug::hug:

So I am now booked in AKV Kidani 1 bdrm, savannah view for Mother's day week.
Yay, see you there! Okay, nothing's definite, but you know we usually wind up at WDW for Mother's day, lol!
I have no idea for meals, especially Mother's Day, any suggestions. Remember Murph is a bit of a snob.
Tutto was superb last year, and we've done Rose & Crown - what about tea at the GF? Or dinner at Citrico's?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi all! Bye all! :rotfl2: OMG, life has been IN-sane this week. :faint: I've got way, way, way too much going on between work projects, school projects, open enrollment for benefits, trying to get my idiot ex to pay his child support, managing health and Dr. visits and dealing with complicated people. (Bangladesh with calm blue oceans, people. :rolleyes: ) I've had zero time to do DISing, let alone anything else. Here's hoping things ease up some soon!

Hey all! Just a quick check in. Been crazy busy with dad these last few days. THank you all so much for your support during this time. Some have called, some have sent cards and all have been here for me:hug: Dad is heading back to Florida on Monday. My brother is not happy about that, but it is HIS decision. Who knows in 2 months he might decide he HATES staying down there by himself and will come up here permenantly, but it has to be HIS decision ::yes::

Tomorrow is the service, Friday Jim and I are going to do some errands, and then we will spend Saturday and Sunday with dad before he heads out.

Have a good rest of the weekevery and know that your friendship has meant the world to me:hug:

Hi, guys! I've been reading all week, but am again feeling oddly reluctant to post my boring stuff. ;)

Kat, congrats to KC on the new job. Hope your back is better.

V, I'm sorry things are so crazy! :hug: Hopefully things will calm down sometime.

Janet, many hugs this week. :hug: How's your dad doing?

Jen, wow. It sounds really cool to me, but also amazingly crazy to have to deal with. :hug: for the problems, whatever they may be.

Have I missed Kristel and Taz? Have a good trip!

Jo, sorry about the hail! The boys said they got hailed on waiting for the bus the other day, but I didn't see any...

Mo, sounds like a nice trip! Nice to see you! :goodvibes

Welcome back, Rosie!

Sorry to anyone I've missed - I may have been reading, but my brain is blah. ;)

I still haven't been eating much (which is really good - I've dropped 8 pounds this week. I don't recommend the stomach flu as a diet plan, but I know T will understand when I say, "I'm only one stomach flu away from my goal weight." :rotfl:) Alas, it's not true - I need a couple of more stomach flues, but it helps. :rotfl: Seriously, if I can maintain this, it would be better than before...

Other than that, mostly a typical week. I have played tennis (and need to leave in 5 to do so again...)

However, I did have a phone interview this morning for the first of the university jobs I applied to. I had gotten an e-mail Monday about the phone interview, and started thinking that, although I had applied 3 weeks ago, when something might have been done about covering book fair week, by now it's pretty impossible and so I am not available to start a job until 11/22. Sadly, this is an enrollment office position that needs someone by 11/1, so...

Oh, and did I ever tell you that we are indeed heading to St. Thomas for our anniversary? :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1: That's the week in November right before Book Fair, so... Our moms are coming for the kids, flights are booked, hotel booked totally on points... :thumbsup2

But, it was good to get experience at a phone interview, and she seemed to like me well enough to ask to me really decide about whether I can do summer hours, because she thinks there may be something in the pipeline for another position. So, that's good.

Gotta run, check back later!

Okay I will add my congrats to KC !!! Sorry I will never be able to catch up on all my threads sooo am just responding to the current ones !!!! Kat give me details !!!

I am back !!!!!Had a GREAT trip !!! Already heard we get to do another Disney Trip next year !!:banana::banana:
Welcome back :goodvibes

Tomorrow is the service, Friday Jim and I are going to do some errands, and then we will spend Saturday and Sunday with dad before he heads out.
I'll be thinking of you tomorrow Janet :hug::hug::hug:

But, it was good to get experience at a phone interview, and she seemed to like me well enough to ask to me really decide about whether I can do summer hours, because she thinks there may be something in the pipeline for another position. So, that's good.
Sounds great and your trip sounds wonderful

V - sorry thought I'd quoted you, sorry you're having such a tough time :hug:

Honestly I'm so boring, I don't have much to post. Yesterday I played golf and I won the comp :thumbsup2 And we think Jess came 2nd in her division so she'll be chuffed! Today I spent tidying, ironing etc then went to my friends this afternoon for a chat which was nice!

Doing really badly for competition wins this month, only won 1 thing which was a teen book :sad2: I've normally won between 6 and 10 prizes by now :sad2: maybe I'll get a really big one instead :rotfl2:

Tomorrow is yet more golf, a match against another club, and it's also the girls last day of school as they have Friday off and then the following week!

Honestly I'm so boring, I don't have much to post. Yesterday I played golf and I won the comp :thumbsup2 And we think Jess came 2nd in her division so she'll be chuffed! Today I spent tidying, ironing etc then went to my friends this afternoon for a chat which was nice!

Congratulations to you both! And I'm glad you had a nice chat with your friend. :goodvibes

Janet I hope everything is going well today :hug: :hug: :hug:

I got wind burn today :eek: Face as red as a berry :rotfl: My partner and I won again, 2 down 6 more matches to go :thumbsup2

Ellie has 2 friends here for a sleepover, fingers crossed they're good!

Tomorrow David has an early playing lesson then we're off to the cinema and lunch :goodvibes

Thinking of you today, Janet... :hug:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mel convinced me to stay at the Boardwalk Villas next turkey day. :thumbsup2 Anyone have any tips or fun memories they'd like to share? popcorn::

I'm excited about all the food options and being able to boat or walk to two of the parks. :woohoo:

Hi everyone!

Janet- :hug: I'm thinking about you today. :hug:

Jo- We had a major hail storm come through this summer. I now have a new roof, siding touch ups and freshly stained play center and deck. (Insurance covered all of the damage!). Did you have any damage?

It looks like I might be able to be a tag along on a trip in March. DH will be working all week... could I do a train ride and come see you one day?

V- I understand crazy busy! ;) Thanks for the thoughts and warm words.

Mo- I will let you know when and if I hear about the move. It's going to be nutso, if it happens. But at the same point, I think it's be really good for our family. Plus I could visit Jo, if she wants me. :)

_____-______

Not much new. DS gave me his sickness, so I've been resting and updating the teachers blog. Funny... me updating the teachers blog! I've also been watching WEEDS. I'm hooked, well at least until my netflix comes with season 3 of Dexter. I'm totally hooked on that!

It's the 2 week count down til WDW! :cool1::cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter