Team Focker Watch: Lucky Number 13!

Wow did I not log in yesterday? Whoops, sorry and where's CE been???

OK so my back is getting much better, I have played golf the last 3 days, I know don't tell me off but honestly it's better than when I just sit around :thumbsup2 Yesterday my partner and I won our match on the 20th hole, yep I know there are only 18 holes on a golf course but after 18 we were level so we had to keep going till someone won which luckily was us. Today I played another knockout comp against the Lady Captain and errrr I may be getting kicked out as I absolutely thrashed her, she gave up after 9 as I was so far ahead :blush: :rotfl:

Tomorrow I'm cleaning all day as Dad is coming till Saturday then Mum is coming (hopefully they'll miss each other :rotfl: ) Saturday till Sunday (she's watching Ellie's show) plu my new dishwasher is being delivered and the hamper I won is arriving too :thumbsup2

Truly just popped on to see if everyone's still ok here.

T: I want to remodel our master bath sooo bad. It's so much work. Are you guys doing that yourselves? Would you mind sharing tips? I don't have a clue where to start. You sound busy, as usual! :goodvibes

MO: Have a GREAT time in Italy!!!

Kristel: Sorry about Doug's foot. Hope things settle in soon for you guys.

Z: Any luck with Disney at all? If I hear anything good, I'll let you know. Miss you guys!

JO: Be careful with your back, silly. Don't injure yourself. I LOL'd at your comment about Mum and Dad hopefully missing each other. Done that rodeo once or twice myself...:laughing: Tell Ell's happy bday!

Kat: Hate to jump on the harsh wagon with T, but she's right. Your motivation seems lacking in MOST areas. Maybe it's time to consider the chance that you are DEPRESSED. It is NOT normal to stay home and sleep all day. Just sayin' :confused3

Angela: Please Please Please call me, ANYTIME. I mean it. You can call whenever you want. I'll listen. The meds are a good idea. Mitch being gone is a huge stress. I'm sure on top of being lonely, you are worried for him. The meds help so much. I think it's the single, best thing I have EVER done for myself. Well, that and the gym. I go three days a week NO MATTER what and I can tell you that I haven't lost a single pound (so sad :sad2:) but my mental outlook is SO much better. You seem to have that covered so keep it up. Much Much love for you. Like I said, call whenever!!!!!

Who'd I miss?
Well, not much going on here. NotBob's still doing the 'new' job. He hates it. The raise is nice but it's so many hours and he never comes home for dinner. I know, I know. But, we'll survive. ;)
I just booked two weeks at the beach back home (near Boston!) so I'm pretty excited about that. It's in July. And the week before that Dawn is coming to see me in Michigan!!!!! I can't wait for summer. Oh, and we got tickets to 311/Offspring for July. The boys are doing well in school (after a much needed butt kicking for slacking off).

Hope everyone is well (and that you are having fun in the sun!!!)

MEL:banana:

Mel! No luck with DVC, just gonna book at one of the resorts. My dreams of BC are slowly diminishing. I've now moved on to looking into the Fort Wilderness Cabins. They seem like the best fit for our group and it's cheaper. We have a car, so we'll survive driving to Epcot as opposed to walking there. I'll stay at BC someday, just not this trip. Hopefully it'll be for a longer stay to truly enjoy the pool :cloud9:

I'm jealous I want to go see 311 and Offspring! :rockband:

T: I want to re-model my bathroom too, but sadly have no clue how to or where to start. Can't wait to see pics of the finished product.

Kristel: the wine country trip sounded nice :)

Hi Jo and Rosie :wave:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey all just checking in. Not much going on. Finished cleaning the house today, then got a call from my mom that her flight was delayed so I'm just chillaxin until it's time to go pick her up.

We had a great trip to wine country. It was better than I thought it would be. I'm doing a TR on it over at the Enchanted board. I'll post a link when I get it done.

Doug did OK. He is having a lot of trouble with that right foot though. We may seriously have to rent a ECV come time for WDW if it doesn't improve. We'll have to wait and see.

We got home last night around 9:45 PM. I actually went to bed around 11:00 PM with the TV on and promptly fell asleep. I guess I was tired.

I've been killing some more weeds, doing laundry and computer junk all day. I need to figure out what we are having for dinner. The steaks I got out around noon aren't going to be thawed enough to cook. As much as I just ate on the trip, I shouldn't eat anything for at least 3 days anyway. :rotfl2:

Tomorrow is a busy day with food shopping, therapy for Doug, buying a utility trailer, etc.

I'll be back when I get back.

Have a great night and day!
Glad to hear you had a great trip! I'm sure you needed that. Sorry to hear about Doug's foot. Renting the ECV was the best thing I did for my mom and her knee. It just takes the pressure off everyone and she really enjoyed the trip.
Wow did I not log in yesterday? Whoops, sorry and where's CE been???
Yeah, where is CE? :confused3
T: I want to remodel our master bath sooo bad. It's so much work. Are you guys doing that yourselves? Would you mind sharing tips? I don't have a clue where to start. You sound busy, as usual! :goodvibes

T: I want to re-model my bathroom too, but sadly have no clue how to or where to start. Can't wait to see pics of the finished product.

I started by gutting the whole thing. Went over to Home Depot and bought a new vanity, sink, fixtures, medicine cabinet, storage cabinet and paint and went to town. :lmao: Actually, we had to do a lot of prep work, filling holes and primer work. It's not a total remodel, just a nice face lift. Still keeping the shower until and the tile floor.
I bought the vanity in "Espresso" with a white bibbed sink and painted it a color I want to call "spa teal". It's a cross between green/blue/grey. Then I'm going with chocolate brown accessories. I'll take pics when it's done. :thumbsup2

I'm exhausted.... heading up to shower and hit the sack, hopefully just in time to watch Grey's Anatomy. Night, girls. :hippie:

HMM, must have missed this part in your trip report:rolleyes1

T, you're busted:rotfl2:

So good bye to my Fockers, I will do a report when I return!

You are probably already there, but have a wonderful trip:goodvibes

5 of us and apparently rooms types vary to either 1 double and pull out bed, king and pull out, some 2 doubles and day bed. I don't understand and am surprised people with bigger familes haven't commented that it would be nice 2 have 2 real beds. :confused3 Whatever, I guess they don't really realize it because the kids get the pull out. But I've laid down on those and they're not that comfortable.

What about the new Tree Houses, are they open yet?

Not much here. Gorgeous day today.
My mom arrives later tonight, so I'm gonna do some hoovering and pressure wash the terrace that's a mess after the past few rainy days.

My pressure washer died, I have to get a new one. I love the job it does on our patio:thumbsup2

Have a good day all.

Great news about your grandson:thumbsup2

WHat a busy day! Worked all morning, and Andy just left to pick up some sandwiches for lunch. Just have a little bit of work left and then I'm going to work on the bathroom. We've decided to do a quick remod, so we pulled out everything, but the shower. I'd love to have that redone, but that's a major project I'm not ready to commit to. ;) I'm channeling my inner Jo and I patched up walls, sanded and applied the primer yesterday. Today I'll paint the baseboards and the first coat. Hope to be done by the weekend!

Mine needs to be completed gutted. I told Jim I don't want to do anything until we can do that, so I will live with a half pink/half white tub and just hide it with the shower curtain:rolleyes1

We had a great trip to wine country. It was better than I thought it would be. I'm doing a TR on it over at the Enchanted board. I'll post a link when I get it done.

Doug did OK. He is having a lot of trouble with that right foot though. We may seriously have to rent a ECV come time for WDW if it doesn't improve. We'll have to wait and see.

Glad you guys had a good time. And if an EVC is going to make the trip more enjoyable for your both go for it:thumbsup2

errrr I may be getting kicked out as I absolutely thrashed her, she gave up after 9 as I was so far ahead :blush: :rotfl:

SO when are you joining the LPGA tour?

Truly just popped on to see if everyone's still ok here.

:cheer2: :wave2: :hug: How are you feeling?

Mel said:
Oh, and we got tickets to 311/Offspring for July. The boys are doing well in school (after a much needed butt kicking for slacking off).

I'll take pics when it's done. :thumbsup2

THat sounds so cool. Can't wait to see the pics!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I am exhausted and I have a sore throat. I do not have time to be sick:headache: Jimmy's class trip and the School SPring Fair is next week. Too much to do.

Jim has an interview today so lots of pixie dust and finger crossing please:hippie:

Tomorrow is baseball at 9am and then we are free for the rest of the day. Not sure what we will do, but it is going to be nice so I am going to want to do something.

Not much else happening here. Hope you all have a great Friday:goodvibes:grouphug:

T: I want to remodel our master bath sooo bad. It's so much work.
Amen to that Mel - I half did my master and need to finish it AND my 2nd bathroom someday. It ain't cheap, and it ain't fun. Bleh!

NotBob's still doing the 'new' job. He hates it. The raise is nice but it's so many hours and he never comes home for dinner.
:hug: That sucks; I'm sorry.

Just letting you know I am still okay but working like crazy !!
Hi Rosie! :wave:

I've now moved on to looking into the Fort Wilderness Cabins.
Z!!! Our ESPN must be cranking - I was just thinking of you and was going to suggest the Cabins! I've been dying to try them; they look very fun. And I spent some quality time at FW recently; it's soooo relaxing there! :cloud9:

I bought the vanity in "Espresso" with a white bibbed sink and painted it a color I want to call "spa teal". It's a cross between green/blue/grey. Then I'm going with chocolate brown accessories. I'll take pics when it's done. :thumbsup2
Hello twin! :rotfl: Sorta. My master came stuck in 1979: chocolate brown sinks, vanities, tub and tiles. Too much to replace, so I stuck with what was within my own capabilities - painted walls earthy greens and white and replaced the lights with frosted glass track lights with brown trim. I think I could get away with just painting the vanities at some point and replacing counters and sinks... but the tub/tile situation is the monster. :headache:

I am exhausted and I have a sore throat. I do not have time to be sick:headache:
Uh-oh - feel better! :hug:

OK so my back is getting much better, I have played golf the last 3 days, I know don't tell me off but honestly it's better than when I just sit around
That's a good sign! :thumbsup2
Yesterday my partner and I won our match on the 20th hole, yep I know there are only 18 holes on a golf course but after 18 we were level so we had to keep going till someone won which luckily was us. Today I played another knockout comp against the Lady Captain and errrr I may be getting kicked out as I absolutely thrashed her, she gave up after 9 as I was so far ahead
WTG Jo! :cheer2:

We had a great trip to wine country. It was better than I thought it would be.
Yay, it sounds fun and you needed that! :hug:

I have been working on my photopass pics but I hate that website. I have to keep signing off and on to get them done.
This sounds a lot like my last battle with Flickr. I think these photo websites sometimes get so much traffic, they freak out! :mad:

I WILL motivate today. I hope. I am just having too much time of feeling sorry for myself. I need to get out of the funk.
::yes:: Been there Kat - you've gotta just bite the bullet and go do it. Doesn't even matter too much what "it" is; getting "it" accomplished will get you motivated to keep going and do more. FWIW, there are plenty of days I just need a day to veg, but it's just not an option; my motivation is that if I don't work, we don't eat/have a roof over our heads/etc. And if I don't take care of my body, I'll be sick. Both are kinda crap motivators (wouldn't "if you work out, you'll get a lifetime supply of Skittles" be so much better?!), if I'm honest, but effective.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy Friday! :woohoo: It's been a wacky week at work; I'm ready for it to be over. And I have a fun weekend ahead... my stylist friend is visiting and giving me and a bunch of friends Brazilian Blowouts! Within the next 24 hours, I'll look like Gisele, or Adriana! :rotfl: Okay, maybe not. But I'll be frizz-free, and that's quite a step forward. Hoping for some beach time with my friend and a night out minus any 8 year-olds, too. :thumbsup2

Have a great weekend all!

Happy Friday! :woohoo: It's been a wacky week at work; I'm ready for it to be over. And I have a fun weekend ahead... my stylist friend is visiting and giving me and a bunch of friends Brazilian Blowouts! Within the next 24 hours, I'll look like Gisele, or Adriana! :rotfl: Okay, maybe not. But I'll be frizz-free, and that's quite a step forward. Hoping for some beach time with my friend and a night out minus any 8 year-olds, too. :thumbsup2

Have a great weekend all!

Sounds like a fun weekend! Enjoy it! And pics after the hair is done!:thumbsup2

I am really very hurt at the things that were said to me. I was venting and thought this was a place I could do that without judgement, apparently I was wrong. Those things really hurt me. I don't judge any of you because I don't know you on any level outside of here, whether we have met or not, and you don't know me or what I have really been through. I have no issues taking constructive criticism if they come from the place of a friend, but when you have to put a disclaimer on your statement maybe it isn't the right thing to say. Being harsh to someone who is supposed to be your friend just doesn't seem right to me. I have grown really attached to having you all to chat with every day, to check in with, and I'm really sad that I feel like everything I say is going to be judged or misunderstood. The things said to me were wrong and not even close to the truth. I don't even feel that explaining myself would help any because once someone judges you thats all there is.

Thanks for wondering about me. ;)

I just have been really busy - though I'm trying to figure out if it's worse than normal or what? - and then felt like I SHOULD catch up, but didn't have the time, and the longer I waited, the worse it got... Sorry.

So, I read the last few pages and that will have to do. I missed Mo, which is too bad, but I hope she's having fun!

Jo, glad the back is still allowing you to play, and play well!

Hi, Mel! Which beach?

T, good luck with the bathroom.

Janet, hope Jim's interview goes well!

Angela, :hug:

Hi, V!

Taz, hope the kids stopped fighting.

Z, sorry the DVC didn't work out. Whomever asked, the tree houses are indeed open - Dr. Belle was there in March. :thumbsup2

Kristel, glad you had a good time at the wine area. :goodvibes Not sure what Doug's status is right now, but I hope things are going better. :hug:

I don't even know when I was here last. I think I had at least mentioned the First Communion/baseball crazy day here, so that was last Saturday. Sunday was pretty easy, but I was trying to get stuff cleaned up and better organized before D got back. We had baseball practice Sunday night.

Monday, I did tennis in the morning and D went up to get the boat in the water and see how things were. It was a gorgeous day and since we had nothing going on that night, I picked the boys up from school and drove up to the lake. We puttered around for a few hours, and got home a bit late. It was nice, though! :goodvibes

Tuesday I had nothing to do, so D wanted to go to get the vanity and mirror for the bathroom. He's been so busy, and he's wanting to get the bathroom exactly right. We got the vanity so that he could attach the boxes for the sconce lights in the right spot (they were not attached before - love the previous owners, love them...) and also install a recessed light over the tub/shower before he puts the ceiling up. But, of course, that got more complicated than he hoped, and really the electrical was all he got done before he had to leave Thursday. :sad2: I took the boys to karate and D wound up playing in an evening tennis class, so the evening felt rushed.

Wed. I subbed into a tennis class again, then D was working in the bathroom all afternoon (so I felt that I couldn't sit on the computer) and the boys were supposed to have a baseball game, but it wound up getting rained out, thankfully.

Thursday I played tennis in the morning, D left for another trip through Sunday, and the kids had a half day of school for a teacher workshop. My boys had both been invited to a b-day party after the half-day, but Woody just didn't want to go - Buzz is more friends with the kid, though even he said he's not close to him. Buzz went to the party by riding home on the bus with the kid, and Woody wound up asking a friend over (so we wouldn't lie when we said he had plans - that was a little weird, to say that one could come and one couldn't...) The late afternoon got busy as I had to pick up Buzz, drop Woody's friend at his house, then go to karate.

Today I had tennis in the morning, had to return some stuff to the Depot, and go to the grocery store. It's a gorgeous day - we played the tennis outside the last two days, and I loved it - and we have nothing going on tonight so I'm happy.

Tomorrow, the baseball game isn't until 4:30, and then the boys have been invited to sleepover at my tennis/twin mom friend's house with her twins and another girl from our twin playgroup. She felt that 5 would be better than 3. I think she's a bit nuts, but... :rotfl:

Dave's home sometime Sunday. He was supposed to be home Mon. and then gone again T-Fri, but that trip next week is canceled for now. Not to say that something else won't come up - it could be canceled because the bigwigs need to go somewhere else, instead - but for now, he might have more time at home. He thinks that once the drywall for the ceiling and walls go in, it will really move quickly. I hope so! :rolleyes1 :rotfl2:

So, that's been my week. :faint:

I'll try to do better keeping up. :grouphug:

The Prodigal child checking in !!! Will be back tonite after work !! This week has been very LOOOOOONG !!!Iwill have worked close to 80 hours between both jobs !!

I am really very hurt at the things that were said to me. I was venting and thought this was a place I could do that without judgement, apparently I was wrong. Those things really hurt me. I don't judge any of you because I don't know you on any level outside of here, whether we have met or not, and you don't know me or what I have really been through. I have no issues taking constructive criticism if they come from the place of a friend, but when you have to put a disclaimer on your statement maybe it isn't the right thing to say. Being harsh to someone who is supposed to be your friend just doesn't seem right to me. I have grown really attached to having you all to chat with every day, to check in with, and I'm really sad that I feel like everything I say is going to be judged or misunderstood. The things said to me were wrong and not even close to the truth. I don't even feel that explaining myself would help any because once someone judges you thats all there is.

I'm guessing you're responding to me, Kat. Hurting your feelings, was not my intention. Hoping you'll see what I see, based on what you've said, was. And FWIW, I haven't made any judgement about your situation on anything but what you've posted here. If you re-read my post, you'll see that. And yes, it does bother me when someone accepts a job and then doesn't take it seriously.

Sorry, but sugar coating things? I just don't roll that way.

And maybe you should think about how your posts seem to the rest of us. A lot of us don't have a choice, BUT to work, get up everyday, take care of kids, take care of a household, sometimes as single parents, through physical and mental pain, etc.

I went back and re-read everyone's posts to you Kat and I don't thnk anyone said anything to hurt your feelings. I don't know about anyone else but it gets very frustrating to hear you keep saying that you NEED a job becasue you NEED the money, but then when you get one all you do is complain. I would love to be a stay at home mom, but unfortunately I am not able to do that. Well, scratch that...I could if all we wanted was a place to live and eat. That would mean none of the little (or big extras) that Jim and I like to provide for Jimmy. Things like the movies, carnivals and trips to Disney or anywhere else we like to go. SOmetimes you just have to put on your big girl panties and live with it. JMHO.

Thanks for wondering about me. ;)

We missed you:hug:

Janet, hope Jim's interview goes well!

Update below:thumbsup2

Z, sorry the DVC didn't work out. Whomever asked, the tree houses are indeed open - Dr. Belle was there in March. :thumbsup2

That was me and they look awesome!

So, that's been my week. :faint:

OMG :faint: It is a wondder you haven't passed out from exhaustion!

The Prodigal child checking in !!! Will be back tonite after work !! This week has been very LOOOOOONG !!!Iwill have worked close to 80 hours between both jobs !!

You need to slow down Rosie:goodvibes

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hey all! Jim thinks his interview went REALLY well. He said by the end of it (It was only aout 25 minutes) that they were saying to him "you will be doing this" and "you will be doing that" . I hope that is a good sign. Continue sending the pixie dust and keeping your fingers crossed for him. Will let you all know as soon as we hear something!

OMG :faint: It is a wondder you haven't passed out from exhaustion!

Well, you know, I do feel lucky - as I hope I've expressed before - that at least all my stress/busy-ness is because of stuff I mostly want to do. I feel worse for those of you who have stuff that you can't control stressing you out or running you ragged. :hug:

But, yeah, it's been a heck of a week! ;)

You need to slow down Rosie:goodvibes

I agree. ::yes::

Hey all! Jim thinks his interview went REALLY well. He said by the end of it (It was only aout 25 minutes) that they were saying to him "you will be doing this" and "you will be doing that" . I hope that is a good sign. Continue sending the pixie dust and keeping your fingers crossed for him. Will let you all know as soon as we hear something!

That sounds great! Good thoughts... :wizard:

Oh, but speaking of stress that you can't control...

As you know, we have an interesting relationship with D's stepmom. I may have mentioned that they decided to come see us this summer, and rather than their normal 3 day visit, they're staying an entire week with us at the house we rented on the lake last year for DFIL's b-day surprise. :eek: A week seems iffy...

So, then, I got an email last night from D's stepsister. I knew they were thinking of visiting this summer - one of the reasons D was taking 2 weeks off in a row - but have just found out that they are arriving the day we check out of the lake house with DSMIL and DFIL. No idea if DSMIL and DFIL will be leaving to go back home that day or planning on staying here that night at our house. These are from the totally different sides of the step families, they don't really know each other, so don't know if we can really have both here together. Also, DSSIL & her DH are, um, also interesting. (Read, ridiculously annoying...)

I feel that D is very lucky that I love him, as it's going to be 12 straight days with his most difficult relatives. :scared: Wish me luck! (Thankfully, I have 2 months to get myself prepped for this... ;))

Well, you know, I do feel lucky - as I hope I've expressed before - that at least all my stress/busy-ness is because of stuff I mostly want to do. I feel worse for those of you who have stuff that you can't control stressing you out or running you ragged.

That's how I feel about the stuff I do for school. It's fun and Jimmy likes when I am there, so I don't mind all the extra time it takes:goodvibes

That sounds great! Good thoughts... :wizard:

Thanks

Oh, but speaking of stress that you can't control...

As you know, we have an interesting relationship with D's stepmom. I may have mentioned that they decided to come see us this summer, and rather than their normal 3 day visit, they're staying an entire week with us at the house we rented on the lake last year for DFIL's b-day surprise. :eek: A week seems iffy...

So, then, I got an email last night from D's stepsister. I knew they were thinking of visiting this summer - one of the reasons D was taking 2 weeks off in a row - but have just found out that they are arriving the day we check out of the lake house with DSMIL and DFIL. No idea if DSMIL and DFIL will be leaving to go back home that day or planning on staying here that night at our house. These are from the totally different sides of the step families, they don't really know each other, so don't know if we can really have both here together. Also, DSSIL & her DH are, um, also interesting. (Read, ridiculously annoying...)

I feel that D is very lucky that I love him, as it's going to be 12 straight days with his most difficult relatives. :scared: Wish me luck! (Thankfully, I have 2 months to get myself prepped for this... ;))

Isn't there anyway you can get the SSIL to push her trip back a day or two, just so it's less stressful?

++++++++++++++++

Good morning Fockers:hug: Jim and Jimmy left for baseball and I am having a quick breakfast (English Muffin) before tackling the laundry and our bedroom (Finally switching out the winter clothes, etc). Not much on the agenda today becasue I wnat to get all my normal Sunday stuff done becasue tomorrow me and his friend Tylers mom are going to take the boys to see Shrek the Final Chapter. Jim is going to the grocery shopping while we are at the movie so that will get done too!

The only other thing on my agenda for today is to watch the Flyers....Let's go Flyers:cheer2:

Hope you all have a great day!:grouphug:

Angela: Please Please Please call me, ANYTIME. I mean it.
Thank you! :hug: The meds do seem to be working. :thumbsup2

Well, not much going on here. NotBob's still doing the 'new' job. He hates it. The raise is nice but it's so many hours and he never comes home for dinner.
I know the feeling. :hug:

Hey all! Jim thinks his interview went REALLY well.
That's great news, Janet. :goodvibes

I feel that D is very lucky that I love him, as it's going to be 12 straight days with his most difficult relatives. :scared:
Unfortunately I know that feeling too. :hug:

Kat, everyone cares about you and just wants you to exceed as we know you can. :hug:

I think I have finally figured out how to deal with the pool, but now I want to switch to a salt water system. So much better for your skin and clothes and much fewer chemicals to use. :thumbsup2

We priced getting a new fence, and now that the tax refund is back, I'll be doing that as well.

And the sprinkler won't turn off for some reason, so I'll call the guy next week. Look at my take charge attitude! ;) Still don't like being in charge however. :rolleyes1

That's great news, Janet.

Thanks!:)

I think I have finally figured out how to deal with the pool, but now I want to switch to a salt water system. So much better for your skin and clothes and much fewer chemicals to use. :thumbsup2

WOw, I never knew you could use salt water in a pool:confused3

We priced getting a new fence, and now that the tax refund is back, I'll be doing that as well.

Cool!:thumbsup2

And the sprinkler won't turn off for some reason, so I'll call the guy next week.

Mmmm. That's odd.

Look at my take charge attitude! ;)

You go girl:woohoo:

Still don't like being in charge however. :rolleyes1

:hug:

I read everything back again.

I get where T is coming from on the job issue and I take responsibility for the fact that I don't take it seriously. I'm sorry if that annoys anyone but this job is not going to be my career and I think it's a "dumb job". I meant dumb job as in no-brainer type job. That doesn't mean I am not going to do the job to the best of my ability and make as much of the good money it pays, that I can. No one can know how I am as an employee for any job. I have no idea where the whole other employers are going to see my lack of motivation thing came from. I'm not sorry if I'm not jumping up and down for the census job. I need to work, for money and for having more to do with my time than just take care of the house. I get that those of you with kids have different reasons for working and I never made any judgments on that, ever. I have a little more leisure to look for a job I like going to, and for that I am lucky.

After the general job stuff that was said, it became a personal attack and thats why I was so hurt. It went from em just saying knew I needed to get off my butt that day to "put on your big girl panties". Yell at me about the job and not taking it seriously, thats fine, but to start telling me i'm depressed and that what i say comes off as too complain-y and I should realize how I sound, etc., was hurtful. You really don't know me. I thought this was a place where we could complain and sound off on things, because we are all friends here. It was made to sound that I spend all day in bed and do nothing all the time. Wrong. That really bothers me because there was a time when I was depressed and stayed on the couch all day, I know how it is and that is not how it is now. Ask questions before you judge people. Friends just don't do that to friends in a hurtful way and if you are so upset with me and the way i am, then don't acknowledge me anymore, if that would make it easier on you.

I am an adult and am well aware of the responsibilities in life and am well aware of how to obtain them. Again, I am lucky to be able to have more leisure to do things, I know this and will not apologize for it. As long as my husband & I have no issues with it then it's all good.

I put a lot of stock in the friendships we have here and thats why these things got to me so much. I really do care about all of you very much.

Have a great weekend, we are off to see my family tomorrow.

That's how I feel about the stuff I do for school. It's fun and Jimmy likes when I am there, so I don't mind all the extra time it takes

::yes:: There's that, and then, "Oh, poor me, playing tennis 4 times this week." Yeah, no one should feel too sorry for me there. :rotfl:

You can feel sorry for me for my bathroom situation, though. :thumbsup2 :lmao:

Isn't there anyway you can get the SSIL to push her trip back a day or two, just so it's less stressful?

I doubt it. The e-mail I got was the ticket confirmation. They generally don't have a lot of money to play with, so I can't see them doing the change fees and stuff. It will be OK. D was very apologetic to me on the phone last night - I guess he knew this was coming and didn't share. :rolleyes: :rotfl:

Good morning Fockers:hug: Jim and Jimmy left for baseball and I am having a quick breakfast (English Muffin) before tackling the laundry and our bedroom (Finally switching out the winter clothes, etc). Not much on the agenda today becasue I wnat to get all my normal Sunday stuff done becasue tomorrow me and his friend Tylers mom are going to take the boys to see Shrek the Final Chapter. Jim is going to the grocery shopping while we are at the movie so that will get done too!

I think I'm as excited as the kids are for Shrek. ;) Sounds like a nice day - I need to finish up getting the kids' clothes switched out. Every year I put away a bunch of t-shirts, thinking that they'll be good for the next year, and every time, only half of them are. :rotfl2: We have a TON of t-shirts, too - don't know why exactly - and the boys wear about 7 of them. Some I keep, even when they're too small, because of D bringing them from cool places or whatever, but...

:idea: What size does Jimmy wear?

Unfortunately I know that feeling too.

You know, I can usually take either of these people for a few days at a time. It's just unfortunate that DSMIL is staying longer than usual, and that SSIL is immediately after... ;)

Also, I think I need a dose of my mom. Hopefully now that Grandma's back settled in the nursing home and the feeds seem to be going OK, Mom can come out.

I've heard good things. ::yes::

And the sprinkler won't turn off for some reason, so I'll call the guy next week. Look at my take charge attitude! ;) Still don't like being in charge however. :rolleyes1

I hear that... Stupid septic pump... :hug::hug::hug:

Kat - this IS a place to vent, but you also have a point in that most of us don't know you off the computer. So, what you do write is all anyone can go by. I think that Angela's right on - if no one cared, we'd just shrug to ourselves and say nothing...

Good morning (still, for a bit, here...) :rolleyes:

I stayed up too late for no real reason, so it's been a slow morning. I just floated the idea of going through the clothes to Woody, but he's not interested. I wanted their help so that I wouldn't keep things that I am attached to, but they aren't. ;)

It's a nice day, which is good. Looks like the sleepover is definitely on, so I'll be all by myself tonight. Weird!

I should also get back into the office. My friend suggested a great solution to my "craft area" issues, but I need to clean out the closet in there. :scared: :rotfl2: Right now, it's got gift wrap and towel storage, but it's not at all organized. The kids' craft stuff is all in nice bins, but on the floor in the office, so she suggested clearing out the closet and putting some cheap wire shelves or whatever in the closet, and the bins could go on that - organized but out of sight. :thumbsup2 Awesome idea, but clearing the closet is overwhelming me. :rolleyes:

Then, I need to get the rest of the stuff out that I decided wasn't going back into the office, but I don't know quite where I'm putting it.

So, I should move. Hope you all have a good day! :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter