• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Team Focker Watch Chat - in the 11th Hour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone!!!

Well I've been too tired to even log on all week.
Working days is interesting, but I'm still getting used to it. It is nice to sleep at night though.

Anyhoo I read and skimmed.

Everyone seems to be doing well which is good. :goodvibes

Margie: :hug: That sucks about the tree and mayor. I'm glad you elaborated, because I was wondering what the FB status meant.

Well I'm off to take a nap. Going to Wal-Mart for some pre-trip shopping.
I can't believe it's almost here!!! :woohoo:

Look away T......

I still have to pack. :rolleyes1

TTYL!!!!:flower3:

Anyone interested in a juicy thread?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2189706

Let me give you a little background. About a week ago, a thread was started on the budget board where someone was facing a desperate situation and needed advice. The thread grew to 20+ pages I think and became more of a 12 step program that had quickly evolved to about step 5. One main thing is the OP has a paid DVC and was advised to sell it. She reported soon that it was already listed. So as the posts progressed, the OP was taking many steps to improve her situation, and had made some hard and fast decisions. Someone comes along today and says, I only read 5 pages, but I think you should sell your DVC. Just 2 pages before, someone had commented about this exact thing and it just rubbed someone the wrong way and the other thread was started. I hope you aren't confused more, but it is a good read.......:thumbsup2

Good evening all!

ROSIE had to learn about sexual assessment at work. Did you take a picture of that transvestite person you had to interview a few weeks ago?

CE lost D last night. Where was he? Her dad won’t have results from the PET scan fro a week. They are going to go ahead with chemo. His port was put in. They went to see ‘Up’. She said it was fantastic. Buzz had a huge migraine. Poor Buzz!

MEL says the bunny is OK. Gus is still puny feeling. She’s been watching Tori and Dean. She also explained Scotch Eggs and showed us a new place to send mom. :lmao:

CEL BEL you need T!

LORI is having fun with the kids. She is baking a cake for her DDad’s 60th b-day! Tell your DDad ‘Happy Birthday!’

KAT’s back is bothering her again. She cleaned up the place yesterday. She is meeting up with a friend who is in town some time this week. KC is in a DIY mode and driving her crazy. :hug:

DAWN is trying to get used to the new noises in the new place. Her DH isn’t helping with his snoring and mumbling. Today she called DVC. :woohoo:

DEB is bribing her kids with Disney money. :rolleyes1

SLATE gets to see how a 12 year old acts. Rockie’s youngest, 13 now, talks a lot and is picky about food. I’d call them tweens.

V’s back is hurting her. :hug:

ANGELA’s sis is going on a spa vacation in Arkansas. Mobsters used to hang out at the place. ;) Sounds wonderful!

JANET said they forgot to give Jimmy his meds yesterday. He is a different kid without them. I’m glad that is all it was. Easy fix.

T and the kids are being entertained with snakes that eat mice. :scared:

JO played golf in the rain. :sad2:

HI Z!!! Have a nice cruise!!!

DREAMIN’ is having problems with getting the city to do its’ job. She has a dead tree that needs cut down on the cities side of the property.
Have you talked to the local papers?
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I'm working tonight. I'll be off the next 3 nights. I'm not sure what we are doing this weekend. Since it is supposed to be nice we will probably work on the back yard filling in holes and leveling out the ground where the new patio will be going. We also have a new side door to install in the garage. It's never-ending. :sad2:

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

O.k. ladies I know I am hardly ever here anymore but this vent needs a little more than the Facebook page can give.
Well that is all and thanks for letting me vent some.

First, we miss you, but understand that you're busy, so don't apologize for not being around.

Secondly, I'd be whooping someone's butt. :hug: So sorry about this.

Hi Everyone!!!

Well I've been too tired to even log on all week.
Working days is interesting, but I'm still getting used to it. It is nice to sleep at night though.

Anyhoo I read and skimmed.

Hi, Z! Glad you're having some luck with days. You trying to kill T? :rotfl:

Interesting... You always find interesting stuff! :)

We put the kids to bed and then watched the newest Indy movie, that we've had from Netflix for over a month. :rolleyes1 :rotfl:

It was OK, but not great. Not as heinous as #2, but not like #'s 1 & 3.

I did kind of appreciate that it acknowledged some corny in a smart way.

I'm sure I should go to bed, but D's asleep on the couch, and I don't have much interest in taking the dog out. I'm having more wine. So there. :rotfl2:

Oh, but I just looked at the radar. I'd been hearing rain, but it's gone. But the radar shows another band coming, basically, right down my main road intersection in the next few. So I'm going out now.

Have a great night, everyone! I may or may not check in before baseball in the morning. :grouphug:

Last night was Hair Salon night and whilst I was doing my SIL's hair, my brother went to pick up 2 gopher snakes from his friend. They brought them over and fed them little mice. One mice got the death card in like 2 minutes, but the other one was super spry and he out sleuthed the snakes. Maddie decided the mouse won her over and asked if she could keep it. My brother took it home, thinking we could come over today to pick it up, but I just read on FB that mouse got the card too. I'm hoping Mads forgot about it. :rolleyes1

:scared1: Hope she forgot.

I had fun at school, then had a message on my cell when I left. I thought it would be Mom, but it was my dear cousin in MD, whom we saw for Thanksgiving and then she had a baby the day after we left. Her DH's niece (he's the youngest of 7, so he has older nieces and nephews...) is graduating from MIT next weekend, so they are coming up and are staying with us!!! I'm so excited! I can't wait to see the baby, and the 3 yo is adorable. Plus, I love my cousin. :lovestruc

And, it gives me great incentive to do a good cleaning again. ;)

Then, my dad just called - his surgical procedure for the chemo port went fine, and as a bonus it looks like his brother and the helpers will indeed have the soybeans planted by Monday, anyway. :thumbsup2

:yay: to your cousin coming in and good news about your dad and the help he will be getting with the soybeans.

So did anyone miss me? :rotfl2:

Yes! I knew you said you would be golfing and watching the Open though. Glad you had a good couple of days and that the girls are home safe.

Off to pick up Jimmy from school andthen get ready for his first Phillies game. I'm sure Jim will be bringing the camera so I will post some pictures...probably tomorrow.

Hope you guys had a good time tonight Janet!

No, it gets worse! :rotfl: Now, they stay up SO late on weekends that I go to bed before them. :rotfl2: I just tell them, please lock the doors and shut everything off before you turn in!

Now see...that I could deal with. :rotfl:

Calgon take me away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:hug: Sorry about your back. Hope it starts feeling better soon.

OMG, Up was FANTASTIC! I didn't know what to expect. I liked Wall-E very, very much, but I LOVE this movie. It was just so friggin' sweet, and laugh out loud funny, too. I cried, twice, at the sweet stuff, but then also just laughed and laughed.

:thumbsup2 Thanks for the review! The kids and I watched some of the trailers online tonight and DR was cracking up at them so I think we'll go next weekend to see it.

O.k. ladies I know I am hardly ever here anymore but this vent needs a little more than the Facebook page can give.

:hug: Thanks for the explanation...I was wondering what it meant on Facebook. What a crappy situation though and hope it gets resolved so it can be safe for all of you.

Hi Everyone!!!

:wave2: Hi Z! Glad you like working days. Get to pakcing girl...it's almost time! :yay:

Dinner at grandma's was good and I am stuffed! She made fried chicken, green beans, salad and homemade mashed potatoes. MMMMMMMMMM...I could have ate the whole bowl of potatoes. :rotfl: Hers are always the best.

Thanks for the birthday wishes for my dad. I told him at dinner tonight and he seemed to have gotten a kick out of it. I told him he was getting birthday wishes from all over the US and he laughed. Probably thought I was nuts, but he seemed happy about it.

The kids and I have a birthday party and wedding to go to tomorrow so probably won't be around a lot.

Night everyone and hope y'all have a good Saturday if I can't get on. :cutie:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2189706

Let me give you a little background. About a week ago, a thread was started on the budget board where someone was facing a desperate situation and needed advice. The thread grew to 20+ pages I think and became more of a 12 step program that had quickly evolved to about step 5. One main thing is the OP has a paid DVC and was advised to sell it. She reported soon that it was already listed. So as the posts progressed, the OP was taking many steps to improve her situation, and had made some hard and fast decisions. Someone comes along today and says, I only read 5 pages, but I think you should sell your DVC. Just 2 pages before, someone had commented about this exact thing and it just rubbed someone the wrong way and the other thread was started. I hope you aren't confused more, but it is a good read.......:thumbsup2

Wow. I guess Ms. Kickapoo needs to post some rules for her threads up front since she seems to want to dictate how we all respond to an OP. Very sad.
PS I did read the whole thing. :lmao:

Good morning! :sunny:

Hard to think I'm first to post this morning. That just never happens.

Just a quick drive through to catch-up before I head out to services. I'm usher today, or I'd probably skip. DS6 has a fever (102-103) and the sniffles, so Jenny's keeping a close eye on him.

See y'all later.

TTFN! :wave:

Good morning all Busy weekend as usual !! I have to do all my end of month stuff this weekend and I am no where near ready !!What with vacation and 3 case reviews and my Sex Training:lmao:
No Kristel No pix :rotfl2:
Anyone help me on Yoville I think I just screwed up and lost the house I bought !! I know s'late is an expert !!:confused3

Wow. I guess Ms. Kickapoo needs to post some rules for her threads up front since she seems to want to dictate how we all respond to an OP. Very sad.
PS I did read the whole thing. :lmao:

I didn't but I think I posted a totally new question!!:lmao:I just LOVE my Fockers !!!:)

Hi everyone!

Lazydoxy66 asked me to come check y'all out, but since she found me on the thread where I crab about people who post before they read all the threads, I need to go back to the beginning of your thread and read all 609 (and counting) posts before I say anything-I'll see you next week! :laughing:

I told him later that if he ever DID fall into the ditch, it would only take me 45 minutes to go looking for him. :rolleyes1 :rotfl:
:rotfl:

It's just me and the the "medium kids" (they were the little kids, but we upgraded them) today.
:rotfl2:

My back is all screwy - sciatica's acting up badly and I'm in a ton of pain...
Aw. Hope you get feeling better :hug:

The Arlington Hotel was around in the days of Al Capone and Hot Springs was neutral ground so all the gangsters could vacation without worrying about being gunned down.
Sounds neat

How bad is it when the kids say to dad..I don't want you to leave anymore!:sad2:
I know. It is a train wreck yet I can't help but watch.
WOw your kids are done early! Do they go back before Labor day?
We felt sooooooooo bad.
August 10

but I just read on FB that mouse got the card too.
I think we may still have one here :rotfl2:

So did anyone miss me? :rotfl2: I did Jo!! Glad you and the girls are back.

Did she like the map and the other stuff u got her? They had to cancel their trip. I will explain below.

My back is poretty bad I have resigned myself to the straight comphy recliner or on the bed with a pillow under my knees, other wise it hurts. I had to pop on here and check in tho! [/COLOR]
Hope your back and head feel better. :hug: Have fun with your friend.

OMG, Up was FANTASTIC! I didn't know what to expect. I liked Wall-E very, very much, but I LOVE this movie. It was just so friggin' sweet, and laugh out loud funny, too. I cried, twice, at the sweet stuff, but then also just laughed and laughed.
Thanks for the review. We are going to the drive in tomorrow night. $5 for the whole van!!!

I feel the mayor is trying to trade my son's safety for a clean yard and not even my yard. He is telling me through the neighbor that I can have a safe place for my son to play if my neighbor cleans up his yard.
that's horrible. :hug:

Hi Everyone!!!
Hi Z!

:rolleyes1

I'm working tonight. I'll be off the next 3 nights. I
Have fun not working.

Dinner at grandma's was good and I am stuffed! She made fried chicken, green beans, salad and homemade mashed potatoes. MMMMMMMMMM...I could have ate the whole bowl of potatoes. :rotfl: Hers are always the best.
I remember Grandma's potatoes :cloud9:

Hi everyone!

Lazydoxy66 asked me to come check y'all out, but since she found me on the thread where I crab about people who post before they read all the threads, I need to go back to the beginning of your thread and read all 609 (and counting) posts before I say anything-I'll see you next week! :laughing:
:lmao: Actually, this is our 11th thread. ;)

Welcome at any rate. :cutie: You just have to read Krystal's last update to be caught up. Actually, we just jump in when we can. We've been here for each other through almost anything you can imagine. It's a great group. :lovestruc

BTW- I'm Dawn. I have three kids- B (DD12), C (DD7), and A (DS6). I homeschool them, so I'm home during the day. I'm the only Texas Focker. :yay: We're finally settling in after the move from hell. And I have to admit, that I read 3/4 of the thread and didn't post. I'm not interested in giving my opinion to someone who probably doesn't really want it. Not to mention, someone else will usually say what I'm thinking. I just save my energy for posting here- where I know and love everyone. :surfweb:

Tell us about yourself... popcorn::

DS6 has a fever (102-103) and the sniffles, so Jenny's keeping a close eye on him.
Hope he is feeling better.

What with vacation and 3 case reviews and my Sex Training:lmao:

Good morning everyone!
Well the kids did a pretty good job of cleaning yesterday. It's not perfect and I do need to go back and clean some stuff again but their attitudes were great and so I let them off the hook around 10:30 and took them to cici's pizza and to the children's museum in Birmingham. I hate Bham but they love the museum so I sucked it up and took them anyway.

Thursday night we went to my niece's graduation and she was leaving yesterday to go to NY for her senior trip. However, my SIL's dad died in the middle of the night so they had to postpone their trip. She was pretty upset about the whole thing. They lost some money because they didn't have trip insurance but will get most of it back. They are going in a few weeks but still...

Then we went shopping for goodie bags. I made 20 for the tball end of season party we are having today. And I got some stuff for disney too! I will post pics later.

Today I am cleaning my car. need to get my tires rotated. Re clean the house. Two tball games. And the before mentioned party. My SIL's dad's viewing is today at 4 and the funeral is tomorrow so I will go to one or both. And we got free tix to the opera for tonight but I dont know if we can go or not.

Hi everyone!

Hi and welcome! You'll fit in perfect over here!!! :goodvibes

Liar, Liar. You are NOT old! :sad2:
LY/MI!!!!

KC is drilling and sawing and whatever-ing the back of the TV unit to make a hole for an exhaust fan. It's FRIKKIN LOUD!!!! My head is killing me!!! He wants to put in 2 fans, here's hoping he tuckers out for the 2nd because this carp is out of control!
What's an exhaust fan for a TV???? Hope your back feels better soon :hug:

Thank you. How's your granny doing? :hug:
Not great, she's home but has fallen again and has lost over 30lbs in the last month :sad2: Glad you liked UP it's not out here for months and sorry about Buzz'a migraines!

Agggghhhh can you not go and chop it down one night and pretend it fell? :rotfl2:

Look away T......

:rotfl2: To WDW again or somewhere else?

Oh, but I just looked at the radar. I'd been hearing rain, but it's gone. But the radar shows another band coming, basically, right down my main road intersection in the next few. So I'm going out now.
Wow that's detailed!!!!

Sounds nice!

Hi everyone!

Thursday night we went to my niece's graduation and she was leaving yesterday to go to NY for her senior trip. However, my SIL's dad died in the middle of the night so they had to postpone their trip. She was pretty upset about the whole thing. They lost some money because they didn't have trip insurance but will get most of it back. They are going in a few weeks but still...
I'm so sorry :hug: wow you have your funerals quick, here if it's straight forward it takes about 2 weeks!

Beautiful day here and it's a good job it is as I've done 5 loads of stinky, dirty camp laundry already and it's all dried quick. The girls have also set up the pool, it's an 8 ft paddling pool about 3 ft deep and Ellie hasn't gotten out yet. They filled it with freezing tap water too :cold: :rotfl2:

Tonight is the final of Britain's Got Talent and I'm actually hoping Susan Boyle doesn't win, I just am not sure about her!

I thought Jenn just moved to Texas. :confused3
Her FB status last week said she was moving in a month. :confused3

Plus, she'll live here, but I'm the only Texan. ;) I'll buy her a bumper sticker that says, "I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as fast as I could." :lmao:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I just mopped the downstairs. We have that wood laminate everywhere. I wish I could figure out how to clean it without leaving streaks. I googled it, but there were too many suggestions and they didn't seem to agree, so I guess I'm on my own. :confused3

My plan is to get the book shelves loaded up with books and organize school stuff. I don't have a school room here, so it's going to take some finagling. I'm so picky about things being tidy, that I don't know how I'm going to pull it off. That'll be my challenge today. :rotfl:

:yay: Not.

Good-ish morning everyone! :goodvibes

Well, I've had it with Maddie's room. She's got freakin' toys everywhere that she doesn't even play with. She's past the Barbie stage and won't let me get rid of all that stuff. Grrrrr!!! I think I'm going to have to bribe her today. :teeth:

So.....i need to know where we should stay. We could stay off property across the street, which i wouldnt mind, but i know many of those arent as nice.
If you stay off property, try HoJo's. It's right across the street, they have a decent pool and the rooms are bad. If you stay on property, us the AP member website for a decent rate at DLH. You'll need to be current AP holders, FYI.

What do you guys think would make for a better family vacation type place? I guess this is aimed at the CA people....:rolleyes1
Now this depends on what kind of vacation you are looking for... if you want to do the beach, I would suggest Crystal Cove in Laguna. They have beach cottages you can rent by the night. It's awesome there. You can get ressie by going to reserveamerican(dot)com.

Look away T......

It's ok, Z. I'm a bit lazy too. I have about 2 months to go and not even close to packing yet. :sad2: I KNOW!

Sorry peeps, I'm going to use Kristel's awesome update to reply... :goodvibes Thanks K!
ROSIE had to learn about sexual assessment at work. Did you take a picture of that transvestite person you had to interview a few weeks ago?
Oh my, Rosie! :lmao:
CE lost D last night. Where was he? Her dad won’t have results from the PET scan fro a week. They are going to go ahead with chemo. His port was put in. They went to see ‘Up’. She said it was fantastic. Buzz had a huge migraine. Poor Buzz!
Dude, I loved, loved, loved UP! It was so sweet!!! Sorry about Buzz's migraines. :guilty:

CEL BEL you need T!
Thanks, Kristel - I had to go back and read 100 pages to find out what you were talking about! :laughing:

LORI is having fun with the kids. She is baking a cake for her DDad’s 60th b-day! Tell your DDad ‘Happy Birthday!’
Happy Birthday to your Pops, Lori! Waldo's birthday is a week from tomorrow... he'll be 74!

DAWN is trying to get used to the new noises in the new place. Her DH isn’t helping with his snoring and mumbling. Today she called DVC.:
Woohoo on DVC, Dawn!! :banana:

DEB is bribing her kids with Disney money. :rolleyes1
Bribery is my greatest tool! :teeth:

DREAMIN’ is having problems with getting the city to do its’ job. She has a dead tree that needs cut down on the cities side of the property.

Oh jeez, Margie. I'd call the paper as Kristel said. :sad2:

I hope everyone has a great weekend

You, too Kristel!

We went to see UP! yesterday and I said, I loved it! We saw the 3D version and IMO didn't really need to as there were no scenes that I would say were "awesome" because of the 3D. Save yourself $2 and see the 2D version. :thumbsup2

My brother is having a get-together at his house for his birthday (which is Tuesday). Yes, my 41 year old brother is giving himself a birthday party. What a geek. :rolleyes:

I wanted to open the pool this weekend, but when I went to get it out, it was GONE! All I could find was the salt water system! Then I remembered, I threw it out last year. I ordered a new one from Wallyworld. Got a bigger one, too. Shhhh! Don't tell Andy. ;)

Supposed to go to the beach on Sunday with my SIL and her 2 kiddos. I desperately need some color. Just ask Mo. :lmao:

Enjoy your weekend, friends! :flower3:

Woohoo on DVC, Dawn!! :banana:
:mad: I still haven't heard back from my guide. I'm really getting annoyed. This is supposed to be this great, exciting thing and he's taking my joy and turning it into crankiness. :headache:

I left him a message a few minutes ago telling him that if he was too busy to talk to me, I would be fine with calling a different guide. We'll see what happens.

I don't know if I can switch now or what happens with my refferral from Mel. I'll have to figure that out if he doesn't call me today. :sad2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter