• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Team Focker Watch Chat - in the 11th Hour

Status
Not open for further replies.
V, (and any other Floridians with Children). I just booked Tau's 3rd birthday party at goofy's candy company. It is for up to 12 children and I only have 9 coming. Since it is the same price, would you like to bring Leo? If so let me know and I will PM you the info. :goodvibes

CE- Sorry that today is turning out to be so crappy. Great pics though!

Thanks! The "sad" news is that it's not raining right now - still only 48 - and so I bet we won't be canceled, even though it's gonna be miserable. :headache:

So that's about it for me. Hope y'all are having a good day! :cutie:

Your plans sound nice - hope yours was good, too.

I've been busy trying to complete unfinished projects and trying to keep busy so my rear doesn't expand any further. We also want to move in the next year, so we are taking steps towards putting the house on the market.

Within the area, or a big change? Sounds like you've been busy as always. :hug:

Pics are great. Can't watch the video here, will check it out at home!:thumbsup2

Thanks!

Oh good, I'm not the only one who has her mind in the gutter!

Mine was, too - for once I held my tongue. :rotfl:But now that you and Deb mention it... ;)

Kids are home and stuck inside, because it's wet and cold, even though there is currently no rain. Woody is on a Wii break until Saturday morning, due to a behavior issue after the boat on Monday, so we kind of can't let Buzz play, either, because they've been collaborating on the Lego Star Wars. It's one of those that probably makes more fighting for me and punishes me as much as Woody - and I feel bad that Buzz gets punished too, when he didn't do anything. :headache:

I need to go shower, in anticipation of still having to do baseball. Sigh. See you all later!

Ooooh! The phone just rang - game is canceled! :banana:
I still should shower, and Woody wants help with Legos, (the blocks, not the Wii) so I am still going to go. ;) BBL!

Mine was, too - for once I held my tongue. :rotfl:But now that you and Deb mention it... ;)
Hey! I was laughing because I thought it was funny she needed help. :rolleyes: What were you laughing at??? :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

It's one of those that probably makes more fighting for me and punishes me as much as Woody - and I feel bad that Buzz gets punished too, when he didn't do anything. :headache:
Sometimes it is so hard to be fair. :hug:

: ::yes::
Glad you are feeling better.
:hug: about the X.

Glad you are feeling better!:goodvibes

Thanks Janet :goodvibes

Janet said:

:lmao: I was thinking the same thing but wasn't going to say anything.

Thanks! The "sad" news is that it's not raining right now - still only 48 - and so I bet we won't be canceled, even though it's gonna be miserable. :headache:

Your plans sound nice - hope yours was good, too.

UGH! :headache: Glad it was cancelled for ya though. And yes, my day did turn out pretty well. :goodvibes

Hey! I was laughing because I thought it was funny she needed help. :rolleyes: What were you laughing at??? :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

:rolleyes1 :rotfl:

Sometimes it is so hard to be fair. :hug:

::yes:: Tomorrow's going to be the killer. Woody's almost always horrible on Thursday afternoons - toward the end of the week, nothing planned, it's going to be rainy again, I think. Sigh. We'll hope for the best.

UGH! :headache: Glad it was cancelled for ya though. And yes, my day did turn out pretty well. :goodvibes

I'm so glad! We've had a decent evening, too. Since we didn't have to rush, I made them their favorites for dinner, and then they took a long bubble bath, and D got home just in time to read and put them to bed! :thumbsup2

:lmao: I was thinking the same thing but wasn't going to say anything.

:lmao: wow you guys are horrible! there was no trampolining, he really was helping me study for my mammalogy class. I was up all night doing work. yuk.:surfweb: Shame on you guys for assuming im not the studious college student.:sad2: :rotfl: j/k but not about the studying thing....i really was.:rotfl2:

Guess what happened today, My friend CJ called me up and decided she wanted me to be one of her bridesmaids. :rolleyes: After all that she decided that she thought she made a mistake and couldnt stand not having me there too. And this is just when i was getting excited about being a guestbook girl. But i was so touched and excited. This now means that i have to go home this weekend to get fitted for a dress, and then the next 3 weekends after that for other events as well. :faint: The wedding is the 19th. But this means that Brad added our friend Vega that just came from New Jersey too!:cheer2: Marc will be an usher.

Now this means i just bought a pretty new dress for the wedding and I have no place to wear it. Oh darn it:rolleyes: :cloud9:

Got to hurry and go do HW TTFN

Home from another busy day !! The 2 case reviews went very well,:thumbsup2 I got all the financial stuff done for the week excet the BIG Banking !!!:scared1:It's always such ajoy going into the bank to make 10 different withdrawels and keep them all straight !!!!!:eek:The receipts I had to straighten out were a nightmare!! :scared1:And then I found this paycheck from one of the consumers from DECEMBEr!!! after some grilling he admitted he had been trying to cash it !!:scared1: I guess he finally gave up after 4 months !!!:rotfl2:
I ha a consumer move to another house today tooo !! Did I mention this was a BUSY Day !! :worship: Well have a good evening ladies !! Will chat Tomorrow !!

Howdy Fockers!! Updates are back.

DEB is busy. It rained during their RV adventure. The RV leaked. She got the van stuck in the mud. 10 days to WDW. Thanks for the b-day wishes. I really didn’t publicize it too much.

T’s back is still hurting due to crocs and bumps. She is busy too. Hope you are doing better!

CE is still dealing with laptop issues. She is caught up on her crossword puzzles. She posted pics of the boys and a video, pg 35, post #514. No Wii for the boys. Buzz is too cute in the video. Thanks for the b-day wishes.

JANET says Jim’s 1st play off game is Thurs. but the rain means no practice. Sorry about the bad weather.

ROSIE is tired and busy. Judy has surgery next Monday. :hug:

MEL had bunnies and drinks over the weekend. Gus got sick. The bunny got ‘her’ snip from the doctor and is doing fine.

HI SLATE! How was the movie??

JO is golfing for free. She had an open today.

TIG says the kids are done with school but not his DW. So they still have to have a sitter. Hi Tig!

CEL BEL gets to be a bride’s maid after all. :woohoo:

LORI is going to watch bride wars. She took DR to his last day of pre-school. He has one more year. Her ex still can’t decide whether he wants the kids or not for the summer.
That is very frustrating for you. What a dope.

Hello everybody else!!!

Rockie's mom has been moved back to the nursing home from the hospital. That is good news.

I think I told you guys that I kept 2 of her daughters last Friday night and took them with me back to Ohio the next morning. They had a Kenny Chesney concert to go to. Her oldest, B, wasn't happy about having to go with her dad instead of her mom. This is why:

KI002-2.jpg

:lmao:
Sarge was just kidding but B wasn't impressed. Plus he kept calling the guy Kenny Chestnut. :rotfl2:

Rockie made it back to Ohio around 8:30PM. She was exhausted. Her mom was doing a little better.

While we were getting ready for the park the next day, Rockie called her dad and he told her that her mom had a fever during the night. They were supposed to do an MRI and some doctors were to see her. That didn't happen.

For the next hour Rockie had a nurse on the phone giving her the business. She basically said if they couldn't figure out what was wrong, her mom needed to be moved to a facility that could. Within 10 minutes of that conversation things started happening. I told her if she needed to get back to Indiana, we could do Kings Island another day. She wouldn't have it.

While in route to KI, she got a call from her dad. Her mom was doing great. Rockie could even here her in the background complaining and telling her she loved her. :hug: That made Rockie's day.

Here are some pictures from the front of the park.

Me and Rockie
KI004-1.jpg

The girls - B, A, C
KI006-1.jpg

The guys - Sarge and Doug
KI009.jpg

That's it for right now. Gotta get back to work.

Have a great evening and tomorrow.

I'm putting this update at the top because I want too;). Seriously around here there as been a "manhunt" on since yesterday afternoon for a woman and her 8 year old daughter who were "kidnapped" and absucted. Turns out she took the kid and ran (apparent financial problems:confused:) and took her to WDW. SHe was arrested there this afternoon. THe story just says on the grounds of WDW, but not where! Here is a link if you are interested..

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Police-Searching-for-Woman-Child-Trapped-in-Trunk.html

Ooooh! The phone just rang - game is canceled! :banana:

:yay: Jim was able to get practice in today and becasue of the rain outs yesterday and scheduling issues his first game now isn't until Monday!:thumbsup2

Uh, yeah..that's what I meant too!:rolleyes:

:lmao: wow you guys are horrible! there was no trampolining, he really was helping me study for my mammalogy class. I was up all night doing work. yuk.:surfweb: Shame on you guys for assuming im not the studious college student.:sad2: :rotfl: j/k but not about the studying thing....i really was.:rotfl2:

Uh uh....sure!:rolleyes1

Hey Kristel...THanks for the update

Hey Kristel...Thanks for the update

Hey Kristel...THanks for the update

:laughing::hug:

I forgot the kids go year round. Let meknow how the movie is, Jimmy is interested in seeing it:confused3

It was really good!

Within the area, or a big change? Sounds like you've been busy as always. :hug:

Most likely just 5 miles down the road, across the county line. Our once beloved school district is getting out of control. We will soon be the largest school district in the state and it's getting to wacky. They bus kids all over the place, redistrict every year, too much politics, and the high school we are assigned to is no place for an Aspie child. We have really loved our year round schedule (which would end for us in two years anyhow). DS11 just isn't being challenged at all and has breezed through 6th grade with straight A's. To top it off, they are implementing some wacky schedule next year so the teachers can attend training on Wednesdays. I can't put this any other way than to say this is really going to (insert your favorite explicative) up everyone's schedule. Here, read this:

March 31, 2009 - In its meeting today, the Board of Education approved the 2009-10 bell schedule including a change for the use of time to support learning and teaching, developing techniques for strengthening and enriching students’ skills

The new school schedule adds 10 minutes to the school day and provides one hour early dismissal on Wednesdays. On six of those Wednesdays, school will release 2.5 hours early.

This will provide time for teachers to meet for an hour on Wednesdays in professional learning communities, or learning teams. In these teams, teachers meet across grade level or subject area to review instruction and look at ways to better meet the needs of individual students. Schools will continue to use the six 2.5 hour sessions for schoolwide faculty professional development.

The schools that have the earliest start times have added the additional ten minutes at the end of the school day. The schools with the latest start times have added the additional ten minutes at the start of the school day. You can check the bell schedule here to see school bell schedules for 2009-10.

The board established the six 2.5 hour sessions as common early release days. The school system had been providing four early release days for schoolwide faculty professional development.

School administrators and representatives of the Time Committee say the changes will provide the desired status of:

* Common understanding and expectations for professional learning teams;
* Consistent, structured time for all WCPSS K-12 educators;
* All staff participating in professional learning teams; and
* Community understanding of the value of the learning teams’ work.

Representatives of the 40-member Time committee that includes school administrators, principals, teachers and parents told the school board’s Student Achievement Committee that they’ve been studying the issue for two years as schools have worked individually to figure out ways to create time for teacher learning teams to meet. Schools are at different stages in putting learning teams to use across grade levels and across subject areas.

The Time committee representatives recommended the school system provide a more uniform system that provided all schools the time for learning teams to work.

Superintendent Burns said learning teams will allow educators the time to collaborate that will help the school system improve student academic performance. He said the school system has already been studying the implementation of learning teams and will continue to look at ways to use learning teams effectively.

Time committee members said the drivers for their recommendation were the Board of Education goal for all students to graduate from high school; the need to provide time for collaboration; the need to increase student achievement; the opportunity to close academic achievement gaps among groups of students; the chance to provide job embedded professional development; and the need to provide equal opportunity for all teachers to participate in learning teams to help students achieve.

Honestly! The last paragraph really gets me. Their goal is for all students to graduate? Then why on God's green earth are kids now given an extra hour on Wednesdays to get into trouble? Close achievement gaps? How about not busing kids for 2 hours each morning then expect them to focus.:sad2: I better stop, my blood is boiling.

My friend CJ called me up and decided she wanted me to be one of her bridesmaids.
Glad it all worked out. Are you happy with this?

Home from another busy day !! The 2 case reviews went very well,:thumbsup2 I got all the financial stuff done for the week excet the BIG Banking !!!:scared1:It's always such ajoy going into the bank to make 10 different withdrawels and keep them all straight !!!!!:eek:The receipts I had to straighten out were a nightmare!! :scared1:And then I found this paycheck from one of the consumers from DECEMBEr!!! after some grilling he admitted he had been trying to cash it !!:scared1: I guess he finally gave up after 4 months !!!:rotfl2:
I ha a consumer move to another house today tooo !! Did I mention this was a BUSY Day !! :worship: Well have a good evening ladies !! Will chat Tomorrow !!
Rosie, I'm sorry if you said before, but what is it that you do?

Rockie's mom has been moved back to the nursing home from the hospital. That is good news.
I'm so embarrassed. I for some reason was thinking that Rockie was your mom. But apparently from the pics she isn't old enough to be your mom. :guilty:

I do hope that Rockie's mom's health improves. If you don't mind please introduce her to me so that I may know who she is/how you know her. :hug:

Turns out she took the kid and ran (apparent financial problems:confused:) and took her to WDW. SHe was arrested there this afternoon. THe story just says on the grounds of WDW, but not where! Here is a link if you are interested..
Poor child! Thats just awful.

Shame on you guys for assuming im not the studious college student.:sad2:

You never knew a bunch of moms had such dirty minds, did you? :lmao:
Guess what happened today, My friend CJ called me up and decided she wanted me to be one of her bridesmaids.

Congrats, sounds like you'll be busy!

Home from another busy day !! The 2 case reviews went very well,:thumbsup2

I'm glad you had a good day!

Buzz is too cute in the video. Thanks for the b-day wishes.

Thanks, and you're welcome. :goodvibes

It must be a relief.

Here are some pictures from the front of the park.

Looks like fun! :thumbsup2

I'm putting this update at the top because I want too;). Seriously around here there as been a "manhunt" on since yesterday afternoon for a woman and her 8 year old daughter who were "kidnapped" and absucted. Turns out she took the kid and ran (apparent financial problems:confused:) and took her to WDW.

That's so bizarre. Poor rest of the family...

Most likely just 5 miles down the road, across the county line. Our once beloved school district is getting out of control. We will soon be the largest school district in the state and it's getting to wacky.

:confused:That is SO strange. I don't blame you at all for being frustrated. :hug:

Deb I am a Site Manager for a Group Home, my house has 10 consumers !!!!I love the field but it is very challeging at times !!!

Hello? Is this thing on?

Morning, Rosie!

Boy, no Dawn, no Mel... I'm never nearly first. :rotfl2:

Another craptastic weather day here - 46 and raining... Tennis will be inside today, for sure!

I certainly don't know much - D is walking the dog, and I leave for fun tennis in about a half hour.

My dad has his full-body PET scan today, to see the extent of the cancer. Good thoughts, please. :grouphug: I'll let you know when I find out anything. Mom is rather bothered, because she did find a medical site (recommended by their doctors) which gives most people with this type of non-Hodgkins lymphoma only an average of 7-9 years after diagnosis. It is obviously better than "months" but he's only 65, so she was hoping to have him around longer than that. Of course, that's average, and not everyone has is the same... And who knows? In 5 years, they may be able to cure it. :thumbsup2

OK, so, I hope everyone has a happy morning. D says he needs to work today, but isn't sure what he's going to do. He says he never gets work done here, because he has too much fun talking to me. He doesn't get actual work done at the hangar/office, because people bug him all day. :rotfl: I don't know if he'll try Panera or something, or just attempt to focus here, or show his face at work (which is sometimes office-politically necessary...)

I'll be around later! Have a good start to the day! :grouphug:

Hello? Is this thing on?

Morning, Rosie!

Another craptastic weather day here - 46 and raining... Tennis will be inside today, for sure!

I certainly don't know much - D is walking the dog, and I leave for fun tennis in about a half hour.

My dad has his full-body PET scan today, to see the extent of the cancer. Good thoughts, please. :grouphug: I'll let you know when I find out anything. Mom is rather bothered, because she did find a medical site (recommended by their doctors) which gives most people with this type of non-Hodgkins lymphoma only an average of 7-9 years after diagnosis. It is obviously better than "months" but he's only 65, so she was hoping to have him around longer than that. Of course, that's average, and not everyone has is the same... And who knows? In 5 years, they may be able to cure it. :thumbsup2

OK, so, I hope everyone has a happy morning. D says he needs to work today, but isn't sure what he's going to do. He says he never gets work done here, because he has too much fun talking to me. He doesn't get actual work done at the hangar/office, because people bug him all day. :rotfl: I don't know if he'll try Panera or something, or just attempt to focus here, or show his face at work (which is sometimes office-politically necessary...)

I'll be around later! Have a good start to the day! :grouphug:
:grouphug::grouphug:

Their goal is for all students to graduate? Then why on God's green earth are kids now given an extra hour on Wednesdays to get into trouble? Close achievement gaps? How about not busing kids for 2 hours each morning then expect them to focus.:sad2: I better stop, my blood is boiling.
:worship::worship::worship:

They just announced the same thing here: early release every Wed. so teachers can have more prep time. HELLO?! School gets out at 1:45 now - WTH are they doing all afternoon??!! I feel your pain S'latey. :hug:

My dad has his full-body PET scan today, to see the extent of the cancer. Good thoughts, please.
Always! :hug::hug::hug:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Eeek, with all my catching up yesterday, I never made it here to check in! I'm caught-up now, though.

Let's see... what's new here...

Leo and I managed to get a riding lesson in on Tues. before the rain came. I managed to get my darn horse to trot a few times all by myself! (Just trust me - it's a schooling horse (read: LAZY) so this is a major accomplishment. ;) )

I've been Internet window shopping for summer shoes and a new WDW bag. Anyone here wear Keens?

Gramma was on her best behavior all weekend, but is having a hard time keeping it up. :rolleyes:

This is Leo's last week of school. He's got an early release Tues. and then he's DONE! :woohoo:

Happy Thursday Fockers! :grouphug:

Just a quick pop-in to catch-up and say good morning while waiting for the sitter... :sunny:

CE- :grouphug: :hug: :hug: :grouphug: Sending good thoughts and prayers!

Kristel- Thanks for the update! Great pics!

Morning- V, Rosie, Hedy! :wave:

TTFN!

I better stop, my blood is boiling.

This would drive Jim absolutely crazy. He always says that those "professional development" days are complete waste of time! He usually winds up surfing the net during them:sad2:

Poor child! Thats just awful.

Update below:sad2:

That's so bizarre. Poor rest of the family...

:sad2:

Hopefully Dawn will be able to check in today. I think Mel is just ignoring us:rolleyes1

Pixie dust being sent:goodvibes:hug:

Leo and I managed to get a riding lesson in on Tues. before the rain came. I managed to get my darn horse to trot a few times all by myself! (Just trust me - it's a schooling horse (read: LAZY) so this is a major accomplishment. ;) )

Glad you had fun:goodvibes

Just a quick pop-in to catch-up and say good morning while waiting for the sitter... :sunny:

Morning Mr. T!:goodvibes

================

Update on that woman who was arrested at WDW. There are rumblings of domestic and financial problems, so she took money (over several weeks) and her co-workers ID to buy plane tickets and has been at the GRAND FLORIDIAN. That's right, if you have financial troubles go stay at the most expensive hotel on property:sad2: I feel bad for the little girl.

Not much going on here. dreary morning but the sun is supposed to come out and it supposed to go up to almost 80. Of course I ams tuck in the office today. But it is my last day...I'm off tomorrow:yay:

I don't have much planned for my day off. I may start on the guest room and do some laundry, but that's about it!:thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter