• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Team Focker Watch Chat - in the 11th Hour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning Everyone! :goodvibes

Wow, this is the first day I'm not zooming off somewhere! :lmao: I'm not sure what to do.

Actually I have some bills to pay, straighten the joint up and start laundry - but all in good time. ;)

Keep August 23rd -26th open. I'm trying to talk my boss into sending me to a convention at the Anaheim Marriott. Keep your fingers crossed!
Fingers, toes, & eyes crossed! :thumbsup2 Have fun today!

Wow that vent was longer than I intended. :blush:
Vent away, my friend. :hug:
than the photo looks)

006-3.jpg
I like it too! :)

Oh I forgot to tell you yesterday, Ellie's class are doing Robin Hood for their end of school play well guess who's Maid Marion? Yep Ells :yay: The kids voted and chose Ellie, her boyfriend is Robin :rotfl2: I can't brag on FB because one of my friends DD's also wanted to be her!
As CE said... Ells has a boyfriend?? popcorn::

We're leaving this afternoon for our journey across the deep south. The lap top is packed, so I'll check in when I can. I hope everyone has a fun and safe weekend. :flower3:
Have a safe trip! You know you could always just keep driving west and end up in DLR. Just sayin' :rolleyes1
Anyway, I wouldn't say things are fixed; they never are with us. We'll just continue on for a while until she throws another fit I guess.
Ooh... I know EXACTLY what you mean. :sad2:

Have fun this weekend! :cool1:
:wave2: Hi T! I know what you mean about teachers and their sanity. I didn't get to do any field trips since Linds was sick on the one I was supposed to help at but I did volunteer in her class. I was drained after only doing a few hours in there. I seriously could not be a teacher without losing it at some point in the day.
Hi Lori! Seriously teachers must go home and self medicate themselves daily. :smokin:

I guess I'd better get things done. Talk you girls later. :teeth:

::yes:: We're lucky - if you can call it that, ever, when cancer is involved - that it's treatable, that they found it, etc. But he'll be so sick and not able to farm as much, which is so not my dad, you know?

its terrible to see someone not able to do what they love. My papa was always outside and working with the horses etc. When he was diagnosed with cancer after he got sick, he immediatly wanted to sell the horses. one was prego, and he didnt want to leave my grandma with them to deal with. We didnt want to see him have to leave his horses. that was his lifelong dream. I really wanted him to see her have the baby, but he progressed so fast that it wasnt possible. :sad2: Now we stil have the horses, the mama had her baby, and its still difficult to give the horses away.:confused3

What kind of car do you have? My ex at one point had a '67 Ford Galaxy that he had restored. I hated driving that thing because it was like driving a boat and it was so loud it was embarassing. LOL The only good thing about it was that it would put the kids to sleep because of the vibration and the noise that it was like one big bouncy seat to them. :rotfl:

I have a '65 VW bug. His name is gator and ive had him since i got my license. Turned out to be my graduation gift for high school so i didnt have to pay back my parents for it.:thumbsup2 But ive more than paid the same amount in repairs. :faint: hes beautiful though, and recently i got a notecard left on my windshield asking if i wanted to sell it with a phone #:lmao: No thanks!

I'm baaaack, had a great time, it was fantastic to see T and her family. The kids made me feel so loved:lovestruc

just scanned a few pages

V:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

CE:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

T - you made me verklempt reading that, I LOVE you and your kids.:grouphug:

Murph just left and while I love that she stays here to watch the pugs, my house needs to be put back in its proper order! Just ordered Chinese delivery for lunch as I need to go food shopping, but that can wait until tomorrow.

Just a warning to set your DVRS for tonight...
I might be on the evening news as the lady who went nuts on a couple of people if my house drama isn't over today. :mad:

I might be on the evening news as the lady who went nuts on a couple of people if my house drama isn't over today. :mad:

Oh, no... :hug:

I guess I'd better get things done. Talk you girls later. :teeth:

Hope you're having a good, not-so-filled-up day.

Now we stil have the horses, the mama had her baby, and its still difficult to give the horses away.:confused3

:hug:

I'm baaaack, had a great time, it was fantastic to see T and her family. The kids made me feel so loved:lovestruc

Awww... :cloud9:

And thank you for the hugs. :goodvibes

Well, I ran to Best Buy and then to Trader Joe's. Best Buy, sadly, says I'm fully covered, but they have to send it off to HP. They wouldn't take it today, because I've not backed everything up lately, and they said at least half the time, HP just gives you a new unit, so I would need my stuff. :headache: AND, the worst part - no matter what, I'm probably without a computer for about 2 weeks. :eek: :rotfl2:

But, I was successful at TJ's, so I guess that's good.

I'll probably work on backing everything up to my external hard drive tonight, and then we'll see. D is home a lot for now, for next week, so that would be a little helpful.

I can get mobile websites off my Kindle, so I could maybe at least check in from time to time, if he's gone and takes his. :confused3

All right. I don't know if I said last night, but we are going back up to the boat today, picking the boys up fairly soon. Tomorrow, we have the 9:00 baseball game, and we were going to go up, but it's only going to be 67 and possible rain tomorrow, so we may or may not. Today it's 87 again, so...

I need to go make dinner sandwiches. :)

Have a good afternoon/evening, everyone! I'll check back later tonight. :grouphug:

I got a bargain vase this morning at the supermarket it was reduced to 28p which is about 40 cents :thumbsup2 It's quite nice too!
I love a good deal!:thumbsup2
i do have a funny story...............
OMG, that was funny! I would milk it for all it's worth. Keep asking for stuff. :rotfl2:
I would wait for the new iphone. I read an article that said the iphone is not as fast as the itouch and I believe the new one is supposed to be improved.
You know Gramma's barely spoken to me for days and I haven't a clue as to why, though I've asked repeatedly.
No advice here, but I know it makes me feel better to vent.
My mother and I do not have a close relationship either and I would not be able to live with her. It seems you have really tried and done a lot for her.
Not much going on here today.
That sounds fun. We have had a water ban for a couple of years and are not allowed to run sprinklers.
D just left - he decided he had to mow the lawn first -

Thanks. You just reminded me that I have to mow the backyard today. We have a deal - dh does the front and I do the back. The front is really large (corner lot) and I refuse to do it.

Mads cried herself to sleep last night, saying how she's going to miss Mo. :sad1: We all felt very verklempt - we don't often get Focker visitors on this side, so this was a tough pill to swallow.
That is sooo sweet.

Hello everyone!
Hey, Girl!
Sounds like you had loads of fun. I know the pugs missed you.

I'll keep watching. :rotfl2:

Just wanted to say that i think every one of the fockers should get an iphone. That way they can update and keep up on the go and when their computers are out of commission.:thumbsup2

I havent heard of a new iphone unit coming out this summer, (i also havent looked) but i do know there will be another software update that will enable multi media messages. Now all we need is flash!

I got called out of work today because theres not much going on, so im leaving right now. Im just trying to give my phone the most charge i can so i can listen to all my podcasts on the way down and not worry about draining my battery. :thumbsup2

Wish me a good drive! Ill try and catch up on tuesday...or on my iphone!:rolleyes1

Here is my drama............long....................

Last night, about 6:30 a surveyor rang our door bell and asked to go in our backyard. Our neighbor, we'll call him A, hired him to survey his property because he is considering putting up a fence on the left side of his house and said he has never had a survey done. We are on his right and our backyard was fenced by the previous owner. The people behind us, we'll call them B, have their backyard fenced and it goes across our backyard and part of his. We are the 2nd owners in this house and have been here for 5 years. A is the original owner and has lived there for 8 years. B are the 3rd owners and have lived there less than a year.

So......
the surveyor shows us that the people behind us put their fence (keep in mind this was done by the first homeowner - not current) onto ours and A's property. As in, half of their fenced in yard is actually our property. The surveyor told us he would mark our property as well. They are about 3 or more feet deep and 20 feet across into our yard. We just assumed that the fence was on the line or close to it. We never thought to ask for a survey when we bought the house and had not thought about it. Well, A said he didn't know that the first owner put the fence on the wrong place - just trusted they were doing the right thing. Now that he knows his property is part of their backyard, he wants the fence moved and put on the line. He is very upset about it and told us that he is going to let B know about the fence and tell them they have to move it. He said if they don't move it, he will take it down himself since it is on his property. He is concerned about liability, which is a valid concern.

Mr Diz said he will probably let the fence stay on our property. I told dh that now that I know this, I am also concerned about liability. We don't know these people and I don't know that if one of their kids got hurt on our property that they wouldn't try to sue us. And one of the kids is a step child. I don't know what that child's mother would do. Now the family knows they are on our property b/c A told them, yesterday. I am also concerned because we are talking about putting our house on the market and while we did not question the property line, maybe someone else will and it could affect our sale. KWIM?

At the bus stop this am, B was talking to another neighbor about it. I walked up b/c I needed to talk to the other neighbor (figured she would give me the scoop anyway) and I told B that we will probably let the fence stay where it is, but we are still considering it. She didn't realize that they are also on our property. (Don't know how b/c the surveyor showed her where he marked the property.) She believes the surveyor is wrong. Which I advised that she should hire her own and she said they are. She said that she read online that if you didn't contest the fence being put up, then it is implied acceptance. We were not here when the fence was put up (it was put up before ours was). She also said she didn't like the way it was handled - with A coming over with the surveyor and she was mad that the surveyor went into her backyard without permission (which I wanted to say it was the only way he could get to my property :rolleyes1)

Anyway, I guess we should have had a surveyor come out when we bought the house. Honestly, I would not have bought the house had I known this or I would have insisted that the fence be moved. I've worked with too many attorneys over people sueing over small things like that.

I want to consult an attorney to find out what our liability is, if we can push the issue to have the fence moved, if we can (or should) have the county redraw the line and just let them have the property, or if he thinks we should leave it alone. DH does not want to incur any expenses and wants to leave it alone. Which I said, if we end up getting sued or we can't sale the house because of this, we will wish we had spent the money.

Am I concerned over nothing? Would you just let it be?

I'm glad you all like the vase too :rotfl2:

Well, congrats to Ellie! :banana: And I didn't know she had a boyfriend... popcorn::
They've been together for months, but it is in name only, they don't go out anywhere together or even meet up its just that in her class they all have girlfriends and boyfriends. He's actually a very sweet boy :thumbsup2

We're leaving this afternoon for our journey across the deep south. The lap top is packed, so I'll check in when I can. I hope everyone has a fun and safe weekend.
Safe travels!

Greetings from what I'm now referring to as Gramma Gate! :rolleyes:
:hug::hug::hug:

Linds slept in again this morning. She is taking full advantage of summer vacation already. DR and I were up around 6 though.
Yay and oh no!!!

As CE said... Ells has a boyfriend?? popcorn::
See reply to CE :rotfl2:

hes beautiful though, and recently i got a notecard left on my windshield asking if i wanted to sell it with a phone # No thanks!
How much though? :rotfl:

Welcome back Mo, sounds as though you all had a fantastic time :goodvibes

:hug::hug:

AND, the worst part - no matter what, I'm probably without a computer for about 2 weeks. :eek: :rotfl2:
I hated when I was without my laptop!!! Hope it can get fixed quicker!

Wow, sorry no advice as I still can't believe how you all sue each other all the time :sad2: :hug:

Well I won my golf :yay: My handicap is 11 and the lady I played was off 8 and we played off scratch so in theory she should have won. Well I was 2 down after 3 holes (I managed to hit myself with the ball on the third hole which is automatic loss of hole :sad2::rotfl2:) but I then won 7 of the next 11 holes to win 5 & 4 :woohoo: The team should have also been thrashed but we managed to win 3 & 2. We're playing the team again but at their course next month so need to win there too and we're through to the next round :thumbsup2

Anyway, only one more day and at least the crew I work with tonight is my old weekend crew since they start on Fridays so at least it will be peaceful. :angel: I miss them and wish I could bring them with me onto the morning

Ugh, sorry you have to go through that on your last week:hug:

Wow that vent was longer than I intended.

Tha's what we are here for:goodvibes

OK you asked for it, I quite like it and for 28p I couldn't not buy it (it's more of a chocolate colour than the photo looks)

DOn't listen to the kids, I like it ::yes::

Oh I forgot to tell you yesterday, Ellie's class are doing Robin Hood for their end of school play well guess who's Maid Marion? Yep Ells :yay: The kids voted and chose Ellie, her boyfriend is Robin I can't brag on FB because one of my friends DD's also wanted to be her!

Congrats Ellie:cheer2: Ellie has a boyfriend:confused3

We're leaving this afternoon for our journey across the deep south. The lap top is packed, so I'll check in when I can. I hope everyone has a fun and safe weekend.

Safe travels:goodvibes

Greetings from what I'm now referring to as Gramma Gate!

Glad your at least the is armistice:thumbsup2

The Plan is morphing from "Pool, pool, pool!!!" to "Parks, Pants, Pints!!!" :rotfl: It's amazing how chilly low 80s feel with rain and no sun, especially after a week of blistering mid-90s and no rain. :sad2: I suppose the upside is that it might diminish crowds some and the F&G Fest should be verdant and healthy.

HAving a plan is always a good thing. Have a great time!

Linds slept in again this morning. She is taking full advantage of summer vacation already. DR and I were up around 6 though. She has definately passed her cold onto DR and he now has a cough and suffy nose. I just have a sore throat but feel kind of icky. I'm hoping to get some play time outside and then a nap in the afternoon.

Hope he shakes it quickly!

Fingers, toes, & eyes crossed!

:thumbsup2

I'm baaaack, had a great time, it was fantastic to see T and her family. The kids made me feel so loved

GLad you had a great time. Can't wait to read all about it!:thumbsup2

I might be on the evening news as the lady who went nuts on a couple of people if my house drama isn't over today.

:hug:

THE SUN IS OUT, THE SUN IS OUT!!!! :banana::banana::banana:

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Have a good afternoon/evening, everyone! I'll check back later tonight. :grouphug:

HAve fun tonight!

Wish me a good drive! Ill try and catch up on tuesday...or on my iphone!:rolleyes1

HAve a good time:goodvibes

I would definitely talk to an attorney who specializes in REal Estate Law. I would also call the county to see what the rules/laws are. Hope you get it worked out quickly:hug:

Well I won my golf

COngrats:cheer2:

Back from the School Fair! Kids had a great time...I'm exhausted :faint:
GOt there at 6:30 am to help set up and got home a little after 3:00. Jimmy should sleep good tonight:thumbsup2 Me too;) Here are a couple of pictures:

DSCN0059.jpg

DSCN0063.jpg

DSCN0064.jpg

Tomorrow Jimmy has a 9:15am haircut appointment then I have a 12:00 hair appointment. After that I am getting a pedicure:thumbsup2 The washer and dryer are being delivered tomorrow too. They are supposed to call between 6 and 9 tonight to tell us our delivery time block.

SUnday we have my brother and sister inlaw's 25th anniversary party and Monday I will sleep!

Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend, but rmember why we all (except Jo;)) have the day off on Monday

Copy2ofsmall_9222104455501087602.jpg

V - Sorry about the situation with your mom! :hug::hug: I saw further post about the truce. Hope things settle down a bit.

CE - Sorry about the news with your dad! :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug: Sending good thoughts and prayers your way!

T - Glad to hear you had such a good time with Mo! Still waiting for the pictures (maybe they're in the pages ahead). popcorn:: I think I saw some on FB.

Kate - Have a great trip!

Rachel, S'late, Z - Hi! :wave:

Mo - Welcome home!

Dawn - :hug::hug::hug: Can't they get their act together? :confused3

Miz Diz - Can't really help on your situation. Adverse possession is not really an area of law in which I practice. Heck, I'm surprised I remembered the term...

----------------------------------

Yesterday was pretty busy for us. We had DD11's graduation from elementary school, which was pretty cool. I spent the rest of the day in and out of meeting followed by a networking get together that did not break-up until around 10pm.

Today has also been a whirlwind. I had a meeting with a potential client downtown and then spent about 2 hours on a teleconference. Now, I'm just wiped between the travel, the prep for the meeting and teleconference and then the actual meeting and teleconference themselves.

I got a call from my aunt to let me know that they're running a little late, which is fine. It will give me some extra time to get the final tidying complete on the spare bedroom. I'm also planning on running out to the store to pick up some supplies for our BBQ with Miz Diz and family.

In any case, I need to take care of a few things before I can leave the office.

TTFN! :wave2:

GOt there at 6:30 am to help set up and got home a little after 3:00. Jimmy should sleep good tonight:thumbsup2 Me too;) Here are a couple of pictures:

Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend, but rmember why we all (except Jo;)) have the day off on Monday

Copy2ofsmall_9222104455501087602.jpg

Hi Janet- Great pictures! Second on the holiday wishes to everyone!

DOn't listen to the kids, I like it ::yes::
Thanks :rotfl2: Oh and see reply to CE a few posts up for boyfriend info :rotfl2:

Sleep well, looks like fun :goodvibes

Monday is a National holiday here too, ours is for Whitsun which is also called Pentecost

Today has also been a whirlwind. I had a meeting with a potential client downtown and then spent about 2 hours on a teleconference. Now, I'm just wiped between the travel, the prep for the meeting and teleconference and then the actual meeting and teleconference themselves.
Sounds it :faint: Have a good weekend!

My sister is flying to Florida tomorrow, they're renting a house in Orlando for a week with my BIL's cousin who also lives in America. They're going to Seaworld and MK one day!

Hi Janet- Great pictures! Second on the holiday wishes to everyone!

Thanks Mr. T. COngrats on having an elementary school grad!

Sleep well, looks like fun :goodvibes

The kids had a ball ::yes::

Monday is a National holiday here too, ours is for Whitsun which is also called Pentecost

Gotcha:thumbsup2

My sister is flying to Florida tomorrow, they're renting a house in Orlando for a week with my BIL's cousin who also lives in America. They're going to Seaworld and MK one day!

Is she crazy :eek: :faint:

AHEM, the trip report has started, post #93, see link in siggie....

Dawn, what happened with the house, is this the one you are buying or selling:hug:

Jo - um, as the sister of a member of the Mom's panel, she should know better.

Janet - looks fun, but tiring

Z - :hug:

Mary - I would talk to lawyer, good luck

CE - I love TJ's

I read Mo;)

The fair was fun but I am exhausted. Jimmy on the other hand is out running around with his friends!:sad2:

I have a '65 VW bug. His name is gator and ive had him since i got my license. Turned out to be my graduation gift for high school so i didnt have to pay back my parents for it.:thumbsup2 But ive more than paid the same amount in repairs. :faint: hes beautiful though, and recently i got a notecard left on my windshield asking if i wanted to sell it with a phone #:lmao: No thanks!

Cool! :thumbsup2

I always said that once my kids were out of car seats, or could at least buckle themselves in with the car seats, that I would get a VW Bug. I'm about halfway there. LOL Linds can buckle herself in with her car seat but not DR. I'll give it a few more years and go from there.

Welcome back Mo. I'll start reading your TR as soon as I'm done here.

:hug::hug::hug: Hope it all worked out today.

:banana::banana::banana: THE SUN IS OUT, THE SUN IS OUT!!!! :banana::banana::banana:

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: Hope it stays that way!

Well, I ran to Best Buy and then to Trader Joe's. Best Buy, sadly, says I'm fully covered, but they have to send it off to HP. They wouldn't take it today, because I've not backed everything up lately, and they said at least half the time, HP just gives you a new unit, so I would need my stuff. :headache: AND, the worst part - no matter what, I'm probably without a computer for about 2 weeks. :eek: :rotfl2:

:scared1: I couldn't do it! Hope y'all had fun on the boat tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter