Teall me about swagbucks

mommylovesdisneymore

DIS Veteran
has anyone used this I saw you can redeem for disney gift cards so i thought I would start stacking up please any advise you can offer

I shop via Ebates. There are no gift redemptions- just cash in my Paypal account every quarter. No hassle, no spam, just $$ for pretty much doing nothing. I've earned $485 over the past two years as I do lots of shopping online- dog food from PetFoodDirect whenever they send me a 20% or FS code, Disney Store, restaurants.com, Oompa toys, Shutterfly, Ebags, just to name a few. Many stores are listed there, save Amazon which I wish they had!---Kathy

I've signed up for swagbucks in march or april and have already earned 4 $5.00 amazon gift certs. It's a search engine and I use it for everything. The kicker is, you get people under you, and when they win, you win up to 1,000 points. I only have 4 people under me and they don't swag much! LOL I have to remind them! But I'm saving mine for Christmas presents.

I also do mypoints, I've been a member since 2001 and have earned lots of gift cards. It's mostly reading emails. I save them up and at the end of the year I redeem them for $10 panera gift cards for the teachers for christmas. You get points for shopping on line when you go through them. I buy a lot of couopons and rebates on ebay, so everytime you go through ebay you get 2 points per dollar spent.

If you have any questions, just ask. They are pretty easy. Won't make you rich, and may take a little time. But definetly worth it. I look it as if I get one Christmas present done for free, I'm happy!

Does anyone make any real money at this? I hate to be skeptical, but it just sounds like a pyramid scheme. I almost hate to ASK a question about swagbucks because if you do, you get 15 people responding with "sign up under me"-- uhhh..I am not interested in begging my friends/family/facebook list/etc to "sign up under me" so that scares me off.

I can see if people made a good amount, but it sounds like people use that seach engine to search, maybe do some surveys..can pull maybe $10 a week doing it? Assuming you have a lot of people signed up under you? And if you a hardcore, doing a lot of surveys and spending a lot of time searching, you might be able to do $100+?

If I am wrong, someone please correct me, I don't want to be artficially turned off and jaded because of the constant "sign up under me" requests.

Amy,

I don't beg anyone. I only have 4 people under me and they always forget to use it and those my bff's! LOL I win swagbucks about 3 times a day. Instead of going through my history on my pc to go to my favorite sights, I type in the website and win most of the time.

It's definetly worth it. Best one I've participated in yet. Hope that helps!

It's definetly a pyramid thing, but you don't need anyone to win.

Hubby and I each have the Swagbucks toolbar on our computers - we use Swagbucks ONLY to search (meaning we do not buy things through their site, etc).

I have 346 "bucks" right now (need about 450 for a $5 amazon card) and hubby has over 550 points.

I HATE the search feature though - I'm trying to get my bucks up enough to get the cards (it's been about 2 months for me).

The search feature is terrible - the "top" items in the search are almost always "sponsored" websites and not the official sites like they appear to be. I end up having to re-search using Google at least 1/3 of the time.

I wouldn't do it - not worth it in my opinion.

Plummer,

You are only allowed to have one account per house, so if they find out they might shut down one of them.

Plummer,

You are only allowed to have one account per house, so if they find out they might shut down one of them.

My account is at the house and hubby's is his office computer, but it's still 2 per family - hmmm...guess I'll just shut it down myself just in case (esp. since I was going to anyway).

Thanks for letting me know! :-)

thanks guys for all the info I will definately give it some thought I do use ebay alot and shop online all the time especially at Christmas time so it may be worth it to try it out but I do not get the search engine thing how does that help you earn bucks

thanks guys for all the info I will definately give it some thought I do use ebay alot and shop online all the time especially at Christmas time so it may be worth it to try it out but I do not get the search engine thing how does that help you earn bucks

You have to download the toolbar

you will get random pop up while searching that says You won 11 swag bucks.. etc

I am about to cash out for my 3rd $5.00 amazon card. I have no one under me.

I LOVE swagbucks! I've been using them for about 10 months now and have redeemed my bucks for over $125 in Amazon gift cards. I do a lot of searches for work though. I figure I'm doing it anyway, might as well get something for it!

No you don't. You can search from their homepage w/o the toolbar.

it may be worth it to try it out but I do not get the search engine thing how does that help you earn bucks

You do NOT have to have people sign up under you to get swagbucks. I don't have any referrals b/c, like you, I'm not going to hound my family and friends to join. I have earned $150 in amazon gift cards since January. ($25/ month)

You can earn swagbucks several ways:

1. using their search engine. You just type in what you're looknig for like on google. Occassionally a picture will pop up under your search results showing that you won x number of swagbucks.

2. You can shop through their site and earn 2 bucks per $ spent.

3. There are sometimes codes available to earn extra bucks. You have to search for the codes. Clues are on the blog, facebook, twitter, etc.

4. There are special offers available on their website for all sorts of things like signing up for a credit card or registering on a website.

5. There are surveys available through the swagbucks website. If you qualify and complete the survey, then you are awarded x number of swagbucks.

6. If you have any referrals, you will earn equal swagbucks for any swagbucks earned through searching up to 1000 bucks. You will not earn swagbucks referrals win for codes, special offers, shopping, or surveys.

You do not HAVE to use all of the above methods to receive swagbucks. You will earn bucks quicker, though, if you use more of the options available.

HTH!

It's been working great for me. Just thru Facebook I've had 13 people sign up under me (you get their first 1000 pt) but only 2 of them actually use it. I've redeemed 13 prizes (always the $5 Amazon g/c) since April. My goal is $25 a month and I'm working towards Christmas. I just used $60 worth towards a new carseat for my baby LOL.

Anyway, I just use the search instead of using my favorites. I did sign up for (and cancel) Netflix thru them. I do the surveys. It does work!

It's been working great for me. Just thru Facebook I've had 13 people sign up under me (you get their first 1000 pt) but only 2 of them actually use it. I've redeemed 13 prizes (always the $5 Amazon g/c) since April. My goal is $25 a month and I'm working towards Christmas. I just used $60 worth towards a new carseat for my baby LOL.

Anyway, I just use the search instead of using my favorites. I did sign up for (and cancel) Netflix thru them. I do the surveys. It does work!

so how do i cancel my netflix ? then I can restart under swag bucks? what about the movies I have here at home do I send them back forst and then cancel I am so lost

can you explain how I drop my subscribtion with Netflix and restart do I have to first mail in the movies i have then cancel

We cancelled Netflix long before Swagbucks and when I tried to re-up through the Swagbucks offers, we were denied the offer.

I was skeptical too. But bit the bullet and joined under a friend when she posted a status on Facebook. In 3 days from just using the search engine tool bar I have earned 75 points. And I didn't do a lot of searching either.

It takes quite a bit to get Disney cards from when I looked but I figure I do enough search engine searching that it will pay me which is something Google(my old fav) doesn't do(at least not that I know of).

You don't have to just get the plug in and you get credits too at least I think so. I use the plugin one sometimes because I'm used to it. Or like you said if there is too much sponsored sites coming up first I'll just change the plug in one to Google.
I do have the toolbar but am thinking of deleting it and seeing if they still give credit its just nice to see the points up there and its a reminder to use them first. I don't mind the few extra seconds to change to google and the plugin makes it easier than the toolbar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter