Teacher's Pencil Sharpener

findmewdw

Mouseketeer
Do any teachers have the pencil sharpener from Classroom Friendly Supplies? I have read many positive reviews, but I think many are written because the teacher received a free sharpener for writing the review. I have terrible luck with pencil sharpeners for first graders! My electric one is dead and my wall one is hard for little ones to manage. The one from Classroom Friendly Supplies is budget friendly, too! Any positive reviews from this board? Thanks!

I have one and I LOVE IT!!! I teach High School Math and the we only use pencils in my room. It is the best pencil sharpener I have ever found. The ONLY thing I do not like about is that it is anchored with a c-clamp that sometimes pops off. That is the only thing I don't like. If you have a blog, you can request a free one to use and write a review about it after 2 months of use. That is what I did.....perfect sharpener.

I have one and I LOVE IT!!! I teach High School Math and the we only use pencils in my room. It is the best pencil sharpener I have ever found. The ONLY thing I do not like about is that it is anchored with a c-clamp that sometimes pops off. That is the only thing I don't like. If you have a blog, you can request a free one to use and write a review about it after 2 months of use. That is what I did.....perfect sharpener.

Thank you!!! Glad to hear that you love it!

Yes, and I love it! I went through 2 electric ones before switching to the Classroom Friendly Supplies one. I'm not a huge fan of the clamp, but the sharpener overall works much better.

I ordered this sharpener based on the posts here and LOVE it. It makes such a sharp point with almost no effort. Infinitely better than the electric sharpeners I've bought, and I've purchased at least one every school year!! I also reviewed one for my blog because I loved it so much I wanted to share the news. My students keep asking me where they can go to buy one for home. Thanks for the tip on this, it's one of the best products I've bought.

I don't use it with the clamp -- the kids just hold it down. That way it's portable too.

I have one and love it! My dad has one in his classroom and his students and the other teachers loved it also.

A few of my teacher co-workers purchased this one and love it: http://www.amazon.com/X-Acto-School-Heavy-Duty-Electric-Sharpener/dp/B00006IEI4/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1378936789&sr=8-7&keywords=electric+pencil+sharpener

I still have the old metal crank one on the wall in my office and while it is loud, it does the job very well. The pencils are razor sharp. Too sharp to give students though.

I purchased this one every year for 3 years. It lasted almost 6 months every time but with so many students sharpening pencils all the time, it just overheats and dies after a few months. Also, it doesn't like colored pencils.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter