Teacher tells student he shouldn't have dressed as Santa

No, why would you? So you think that if a black person objects to "blackface," it means they hate all white people?

no blackface is racism.

Blackface to me is a white person putting on black/brown paint and then acting like the racism stereotype.

Just putting on black/brown paint isn't blackface.

How about the opposite way , White Chicks movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0381707/

Is that movie ok?, because 2 white cops acting like 2 black chick would be racism right.

do you see the double standard?

I...don't understand. Are you being sarcastic or serious? If serious, what do you mean by faking writing?

serious, faked writing as in never learned proper written grammar or spelling. All professional writings are checked and rewritten for me, before sending.

serious, faked writing as in never learned proper written grammar or spelling. All professional writings are checked and rewritten for me, before sending.

I see...so you have a writing disability? That explains things. Keep working at it, though. I'm sure you've come a long way. And, I do mean that in all sincerity. My little boy has a writing disability.

no blackface is racism.

Blackface to me is a white person putting on black/brown paint and then acting like the racism stereotype.

Is that movie ok?, because 2 white cops acting like 2 black chick would be racism right.

No, I still think its different. You could liken white Chicks better to that Tropical Thunder (or Tropic Thunder, maybe?) movie.

But- it means nothing without the history behind it. If black men used to put on white face and dresses and then belittle women, then I'd say they were equally offensive.

no blackface is racism.

Not necessarily, Robert Downy Jr was nominated for an Oscar for Tropic Thunder.

No, I still think its different. You could liken white Chicks better to that Tropical Thunder (or Tropic Thunder, maybe?) movie.

But- it means nothing without the history behind it. If black men used to put on white face and dresses and then belittle women, then I'd say they were equally offensive.

I get the point of racism isn't equal.

White chicks (2004) is a movie where 2 black actors go under cover and dress as white college woman and basically act foolish. Just like all white college woman do :rolleyes2.

I don't remember any one screaming racist, protesting, or hearing days of white face is wrong on any news channel.

So if we don't have a history of slavery or long term racism.

Its less racism, so its ok?

Its not ok, but movie made $113,086,475.

I get the point of racism isn't equal.

White chicks (2004) is a movie where 2 black actors go under cover and dress as white college woman and basically act foolish. Just like all white college woman do :rolleyes2.

I don't remember any one screaming racist, protesting, or hearing days of white face is wrong on any news channel.

So if we don't have a history of slavery or long term racism.

Its less racism, so its ok?

Its not ok, but movie made $113,086,475.

You example has no racial undertones at all. There is no history of "white-face" like there is with black-face.

You example has no racial undertones at all. There is no history of "white-face" like there is with black-face.

White face, and stereotype a whole race of people isn't racism, unless there are perceived racial undertones? perceived to whom? Still makes it racism.

There wasn't a pre historical reference to black face in the beginning of black face either. Still makes it racism.

White face, and stereotype a whole race of people isn't racism, unless there are perceived racial undertones? perceived to whom? Still makes it racism.

There wasn't a pre historical reference to black face in the beginning of black face either. Still makes it racism.

First, there is no such thing as white-face. Even if there was, for it to be racial it would have had to have been used to demean the white race. To my knowledge, that has never happened.

You can keep making stuff up but the fact of the matter is black-face is considered to be racist.

Actually, St Nicholas (whom Santa was based on) was Turkish

ETA: Forgot to add, that the teacher was a 100% wrong. There was nothing right about what that mean spirited jerk did...noting right at all

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Being mean to a child is NEVER right, and over a myth? That is just cruel!

First, there is no such thing as white-face. Even if there was, for it to be racial it would have had to have been used to demean the white race. To my knowledge, that has never happened.

You can keep making stuff up but the fact of the matter is black-face is considered to be racist.

what am I making up?

White-face? what should I call it?

never said black face wasn't offensive, and it is racism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whiteface_(performance) not making it up

Sort of OT but not...

I always grew up thinking Santa Claus was white. I am white. I have no experience being Asian, Latino, or Black, but do those children grow up thinking Santa is their race or white as well?

Sort of OT but not...

I always grew up thinking Santa Claus was white. I am white. I have no experience being Asian, Latino, or Black, but do those children grow up thinking Santa is their race or white as well?

It apparently doesn't matter. If we all just admit Santa is white, racism will go away :lmao:

Sort of OT but not...

I took my son to see black or a white Santa in the mall. My Dad dressed up as Santa when I was a kid. I didn't notice his skin as a kid, I just hoped I was good enough to be on his list!! :goodvibes

My son never asked me and I never remember asking. :confused3

no blackface is racism.

No it was TWO black cops portraying two WHITE girls. It does not matter what color Santa is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter