Teacher tells student he shouldn't have dressed as Santa

Teacher is only half right.

Wrong for being mean to a little boy

Right in the facts that most of our history of Santa comes from German/Nortic countries.
Which is a white race.

The teacher must be a fan of the Fox anchor who said Santa and Jesus were white men.

Right in the facts that most of our history of Santa comes from German/Nortic countries.
Which is a white race.

Most history but not all.

Which is a white race.

Actually, St Nicholas (whom Santa was based on) was Turkish

ETA: Forgot to add, that the teacher was a 100% wrong. There was nothing right about what that mean spirited jerk did...noting right at all

I believe THIS is the Fox News gem you're referring to...

"This is so ridiculous, yet another person claiming it's racist to have a white Santa. And by the way for all you kids watching at home, Santa just IS white."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XYlJqf4dLI

I can't for the life of me understand this claim by the Fox News anchor....she does know, I hope, that Santa isn't REAL...but rather a myth. He is the color of the parent bringing the legend to their child. He is all colors. He is all races. It is absurd to suggest otherwise.

And, Jesus quite clearly was of Middle Eastern descent....not the European pictured in most paintings. I always get a chuckle out of the tall, white character supposedly which represents Jesus.

Whaaa? At least the teacher realized what he did and reported himself. You gotta give him some credit for that. I don't blame the boy's parents for removing him from that classroom, though. I would have been beside myself if someone had made a comment like that to my special needs son.

Wowsers. That is really unbelievable.

Santa SHOULD NOT be visiting that teacher this year. Shame on her. :mad:

I can't for the life of me understand this claim by the Fox News anchor....she does know, I hope, that Santa isn't REAL...but rather a myth. He is the color of the parent bringing the legend to their child. He is all colors. He is all races. It is absurd to suggest otherwise.

DING DING DING! We have a winner!:thumbsup2

Actually, St Nicholas (whom Santa was based on) was Turkish

I said MOST of the history, lots of cultures had versions of what we think of Santa, but "Santa Claus" is German/ Nortic origin

St nic was from a area which is now in Turkish and he was Greek or his parents gave him a Greek meaning name and he could have been part Greek part Turkish.

But if you really want to get all technical life might have started in Africa, so by your theory we where all black at sometime in history.

I said MOST of the history, lots of cultures had versions of what we think of Santa, but "Santa Claus" is German/ Nortic origin St nic was from a area which is now in Turkish and he was Greek or his parents gave him a Greek meaning name and he could have been part Greek part Turkish. But if you really want to get all technical life might have started in Africa, so by your theory we where all black at sometime in history.

Who cares? That teacher took something fun and harmless and turned it into awful. Who gives a rats *** what color anyone is?

I said MOST of the history, lots of cultures had versions of what we think of Santa, but "Santa Claus" is German/ Nortic origin

St nic was from a area which is now in Turkish and he was Greek or his parents gave him a Greek meaning name and he could have been part Greek part Turkish.

But if you really want to get all technical life might have started in Africa, so by your theory we where all black at sometime in history.

Saint Nicholas was from Lycia in Asia-Minor and Saint Nicholas day was celebrated on Dec 6. Martin Luther replaced this celebration with a Christkind 'Christ Child' celebration on Christmas Eve. The Christkind morphed into Kris Kringle, who came to be identified with Santa Claus. The name Santa Klaus comes from St. Nicholas: The Dutch Sint-Niklaas was shortened to Sinterklaas and Americanized to Santa Claus.

So you weren't really correct.

Saint Nicholas was from Lycia in Asia-Minor and Saint Nicholas day was celebrated on Dec 6. Martin Luther replaced this celebration with a Christkind 'Christ Child' celebration on Christmas Eve. The Christkind morphed into Kris Kringle, who came to be identified with Santa Claus. The name Santa Klaus comes from St. Nicholas: The Dutch Sint-Niklaas was shortened to Sinterklaas and Americanized to Santa Claus.

So you weren't really correct.

Asia Minor is the Mideast /turkey.

Most of that is German/ Nortic myth, so most of the history we use for Santa Claus comes from a white origin.

This is kind of a non story. The teacher said something incredibly stupid, realized his mistake and has been disciplined for it.
Can you imagine if it made the news everytime something like this happened :confused3

ETA I'm not defending him, he is a moron, just wondering why these things make the news.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter