Teach this old dog some new tricks.

ArvisoCa6

Father of 5 beautiful girls, Husband to 1 beautifu
We have our family trip coming up at the end of May. We are a family of seven, 5dd, DW and me. We have made 5 trips together as a family. I am trying to think of little things we can do this trip that we may not have done before. Trying to keep it fresh for my DD ages 13, 11, 9, 7, 3. Anyone got any tips? I have heard that you can get a death certificate for HM. Pilot the mark twain. Things like this. Help this veteran freshen up his routine. Thanks!

I have heard that you can get a death certificate for HM.

Sadly I don't think this one is true anymore; I've asked several times and every time the CMs have said it wasn't available.

How about hunting for Hidden Mickeys?

Have you asked for a Jungle Cruise map? Ridden in the front of the monorail?

Is there a way to get. Copy of the Indiana Jones decoder? Online maybe? They handed out cards with it when IJ first opened. It's fun to decode the messages.

Is there a way to get. Copy of the Indiana Jones decoder? Online maybe? They handed out cards with it when IJ first opened. It's fun to decode the messages.

This is fun! It's sad, but you miss out on many of the messages and effects of the queue now because of how the FP/standby lines were configured. However, the big message at the end of the queue is still visible to everyone. You'll need to take the queue on the right side as you go up the stairs to have a clear view.

8ae82641-b1d0-4318-8498-2232a048d3f6_zps82510959.jpg

Another vote for looking for Hidden Mickeys! This can make everyone slow down and pay attention to things that would normally be missed.

Have you walked through Aurora's castle?

Ridden in the front (or back!) of the Monorail?

Ridden in the tender car on the railroad?

Had an ice cream while sitting on the porch of the old brassiere shop? (This one always makes me giggle! Your family may get a bit of a laugh imagining that they used to have a whole display on the history of undies, right in the middle of Main Street!)

Not sure if Musical Chairs is still going on. Ask the piano player in Refreshment Corner.

Have you watched all the shows at both parks? We often overlook these in our rush for rides!

This is fun! It's sad, but you miss out on many of the messages and effects of the queue now because of how the FP/standby lines were configured. However, the big message at the end of the queue is still visible to everyone. You'll need to take the queue on the right side as you go up the stairs to have a clear view.

8ae82641-b1d0-4318-8498-2232a048d3f6_zps82510959.jpg

Thank you so much Figment for the decoder. We are headed to DL tomorrow and Indy will be down, but we'll use it on our next trip. All the more reason to start planning one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter