Teach me how to flirt!

VampHeartless

DIS Veteran
Jolie says that I should totally get on the DIS and flirt up a storm because there is tons of single girls on here!

But I already tried that!

Then I told her to flirt for me...but she says that would be wierd because she would be flirting with other girls...

So, I need help flirting...any tips, pointers?

I really am naive to the entire process...help me please!

I don't think anyone can teach you how to flirt, especially in cyberspace. You either have it or you don't. From your post, I would say you don't have it, and so therefore, shouldn't worry about getting it. It just wouldn't work.

Originally posted by Idaho
I don't think anyone can teach you how to flirt, especially in cyberspace. You either have it or you don't. From your post, I would say you don't have it, and so therefore, shouldn't worry about getting it. It just wouldn't work.

Is your real name Simon Cowell?;)

First of all Dan flirting for the most part is harmless so I'm really not sure why you felt the need to post your comment. JMHO

Flirting really isn't hard to do. Find someone with the same interest that you have and talk to that person about it. Usually that will lead to other things in common and they you have really great and awesome conversations! From there you start kidding around, to having inside jokes and whaa laa!

The biggest thing to remember is that if you concentrate on flirting then it just comes acorss as creepy and weird. Be YOURSELF!

~Amanda

Originally posted by septbride2002
First of all Dan flirting for the most part is harmless so I'm really not sure why you felt the need to post your comment. JMHO

Flirting really isn't hard to do. Find someone with the same interest that you have and talk to that person about it. Usually that will lead to other things in common and they you have really great and awesome conversations! From there you start kidding around, to having inside jokes and whaa laa!

The biggest thing to remember is that if you concentrate on flirting then it just comes acorss as creepy and weird. Be YOURSELF!

~Amanda

Hey! Finally, some really good advice!

Just a thought.

Not EVERY woman likes to be "flirted" with. But then, maybe I'm just weird. :crazy:

At any rate, good luck. :p

watch tv and study the Masters

screechc.jpg

I prefer this guy...women love musicians.;)

urkel.jpg

Originally posted by Dan Murphy
Not really sure, but do hope it is not here on the DIS.

I flirt all the time... never occurred to me that people here were offended by it. There's a whole thread about Jungle boy and Fat cow finding their princesses, so it seems to me that there is a lot of flirting going on. :confused:

If you want, I can tell ya how to flirt. I'm a real winner witih the ladies. Ma tells me all the time that the ladies just love me, and I believe her.

I mean, who can't resist a little bit of the ol' Cliffmeister?

It's easy. Just find something in common with them. Buy them a beer, and then bring them home to meet your mother.

Simple as pie!

Originally posted by septbride2002
First of all Dan flirting for the most part is harmless so I'm really not sure why you felt the need to post your comment. JMHO...........The biggest thing to remember is that if you concentrate on flirting then it just comes acorss as creepy and weird....
Sounds about right, Amanda, thanks for amplifying my maybe too short thought.

<font color=navy>Don't ask me, I'm too old! Plus, we never did anything like THAT in my day!</font> ;) :teeth:

Flirting isn't the only thing that comes across as creepy and weird. Other things that come to mind are ... I don't know, SPAM, maybe? :rolleyes:

If you try too hard it deosn't work.

I'm not sure you can flirt on the computer. To me so much of flirting is body language, like holding someone's gaze a little longer, or smiling with your eyebrows raised a little....not somethign you can see online.

But then others have flirted online and dated so what do I know! I had to flirt the old fashioned way ;)

Send a heart shaped pizza. That would be a little less creepy than the SPAM that hawke suggested.

:wave:

Get out in the real world! Flirting with middle age woman on the DIS is too weird! (Flirting with middle age men on the DIS is even harder, it's been tried with Dan Murphy and hasn't worked yet.)

Seriously, I think that too many young people (I'm 36) put too much of their relationships into the computer. I would never really trust anything romantically that started that way. Just my .02.

Oh, I don't know.
Considering I met my husband on the computer, and we've been married for 8 years, I put a lot of trust into romantic relationships that way. ;)

Your miledge may vary. As long as there's a real plan of action for meeting a romantic interest you have met online, then it's no different than meeting someone at a bar.

I agree with the previous posters - turn off your computer, get out and strike up conversations with people! I can tell you this: women do NOT like pick-up lines or any other obvious flirting. We DO like interesting people with lots of different life experiences, someone who is interested in learning more about us and someone who is honest and kind.

If you're having trouble finding the "right one" maybe you need to broaden your horizons and get some life experiences under your belt. Believe me, looks and money are far less important than a good, kind man who appreciates and respects women. Learning the art of flirting can only take you so far.

Flirting with middle age woman on the DIS is too weird! (Flirting with middle age men on the DIS is even harder, it's been tried with Dan Murphy and hasn't worked yet.)

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :laughing: Sorry that made me laugh. I don't think there is an exact science on flirting. Just be yourself and the rest will fall into place. :wave:

BTW Parmstrong-we are NOT all middle aged women here on the DIS! Some of us are still fairly young chicks! :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter