• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tea with Alice and other activities

Fatima1922

DIS Veteran
Is there an age limit for Tea with Alice? Do adults attend? Are there other children activities on the ship that requires on board booking?

There is no age limit. It is a family activity, which means that it is open to everyone. It is NOT part of the programming (kids in the Club/Lab at that time will not be attending), and there is typically an adult at each table with their children/grandchildren/whoever. Certainly, adults can attend without kids...but you'll probably put it in the "seen it once, won't do it again" category on future cruises as it is really oriented toward kids.

There are no other regular activities that require tickets at GS in advance. If you are on a holiday cruise, there is gingerbread house decorating. The Mickey 200 is limited to a certain number of families--you sign up by being there at the appointed time.

There is no age limit. It is a family activity, which means that it is open to everyone. It is NOT part of the programming (kids in the Club/Lab at that time will not be attending), and there is typically an adult at each table with their children/grandchildren/whoever. Certainly, adults can attend without kids...but you'll probably put it in the "seen it once, won't do it again" category on future cruises as it is really oriented toward kids.

There are no other regular activities that require tickets at GS in advance. If you are on a holiday cruise, there is gingerbread house decorating. The Mickey 200 is limited to a certain number of families--you sign up by being there at the appointed time.

Thank Kcashner. I am doing the 8 night NYC cruise so there are 4 days at sea so I am trying to get an idea of activities that would require tickets for my daughter who is 5. I know she will be spending time on the kids club so I can take advantage of some adult activities but I also want to make sure she has the full sea day experience.

What is the Mickey 200?

How often is the tea scheduled during a 7-nighter?

Thanks for any insight!

I believe it was only offered once on our 7 night Alaska cruise. It is by ticket only so go to Guest Services the day you board because it is free but fills up quickly! Also, if it turns out that you cannot attend let them know so that another family can go. It is very popular! ALOHA, Karen and Ron:goodvibes

I believe it was only offered once on our 7 night Alaska cruise. It is by ticket only so go to Guest Services the day you board because it is free but fills up quickly! Also, if it turns out that you cannot attend let them know so that another family can go. It is very popular! ALOHA, Karen and Ron:goodvibes

Thank you very much! I hope we don't run into a conflict with the tea and our Palo brunch reservations. I'd like to take our kiddos to it.

On a side note, I Googled Mickey 200 and someone shared the Navigator listing about it:

Mickey 200: 12:30 pm, WaveBands (limited availability)
Get together and make your own race car out of vegetables!
Children, it’s the only time you get to play with your food.

I hope this helps someone!

I would hope folks without kids don't go. I want my wife to be able to take my girls, and would be mad to know we missed out because adults without kids took their spots. I may be slammed for saying that, but come on really. Isn't there tea for adults somewhere else?

Palo's (and I imagine Remy's) has High Tea for adults. It is an extra charge and books up fast, so make sure you pre-order it early!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter