• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tea from England

CdnKayDee

Kim & Danelle
Hi,

We are currently on vacation at wdw. Our park tickets expired yesterday and today I remembered I was supposed to get my mom tea from England. I am wondering if any of the resorts have it in their gift shops? We are here for a few more days.

Thanks!

The easy answer is you can get all sorts of English tea from Amazon. I send PG Tips to someone frequently that way.
You could ask the WDW hotel concierge desk about any options to make a very quick shop. I think at one time they allowed this. Something like you pay for a ticket, and if you're back in x amount of time they refund the cost.

The Epcot tea shop sells Twinings and that is readily available in supermarkets, Amazon, etc. You might try the new tea shop in downtown Disney for something more unique. I haven't been there yet but I've read some good reviews.

My missus is a tea addict,a nd the teas she saw in Epcot were pretty generic. She IS very excited for our next trip, so she can stop at Downtown Disney, their tea shop is supposed to be quite a bit better.

Yea, there is nothing I've seen there that you can't get on Amazon. I would save some cash and just Amazon Prime the tea she wants to her and call it a day.

Ditto on the Downtown Disney store, which is a location of The Spice & Tea Exchange. You can also check their web site.

I'm a bit of a tea snob, and even that doesn't meet my standards. I order from Upton Teas, which carries a large variety of single estate teas from around the world, along with blends, flavored, and herbal teas.

But what is the goal here? Is it to get fine tea? I'd start with a sampler from Upton, maybe British Blend if you want that level, or Assam if you want to look at single estate teas. Or try some Darjeeling, if you want tea with a different taste. These are loose-leaf tea, so they'll require something that serves as a strainer.

Or is it to get tea that says it's from England? Supermarkets in my area carry Twinings. It's easy to find. Much better than Lipton, but hardly the best.

Or is it to get a tea-related souvenir from the UK? Upton carries bone china Chatsford tea pots made in England (not to be confused with their porcelain Chatsford, made in Korea), but there's nothing particularly special about the look of these pots. I'd expect the Downtown Disney tea store to have more of a selection, but probably not much from the UK. For a tea-related English accessory, I'd definitely see if they still do shopping passes for Epcot.

Yep, Twinnings has a web site, I actually order one of my loose leaf teas from them. If what she wants is to have something from the Great Britain shop at Epcot I would talk to the folks at the hotel and see what they can do for you, they can be very helpful.

Love Spice and Tea Exchange for spices, it's a great little shop. Have never tried their teas but the spices are top notch. I order from them all the time

I second (or third) the recommendation to visit the new tea shop in Downtown Disney. Looks much better than what Twinnings offers in EP and no ticket is required!

The Alice in Wonderland branded tea is available at most resorts and World of Disney at DTD. That's really the only tea I have seen at WDW that's not readily available at most local stores or online in the U.S. However, that tea is nice and slightly different, but it's not high quality.

While Tetley USA is owned by The Tetley Group of London (which in turn is owned by an Indian company, Tata), the Tetley tea sold in the US is manufactured in the US. I don't know if that means it's blended here or just the tea bags are manufactured here from tea blended elsewhere.
No you look for the purple Tetley box and its called "british blend hot tea" ( made in the UK) ...the american one is a blue Tetley box...believe me Im a Scottish chick in American..I know these things..LOL

No you look for the purple Tetley box and its called "british blend hot tea" ( made in the UK) ...the american one is a blue Tetley box...believe me Im a Scottish chick in American..I know these things..LOL
Ah, OK, I stand corrected. I wouldn't have expected WalMart to carry the imported stuff. Now I'll have to check Wegmans to see if they have that in their British aisle (no pun intended).

Ah, OK, I stand corrected. I wouldn't have expected WalMart to carry the imported stuff. Now I'll have to check Wegmans to see if they have that in their British aisle (no pun intended).
I know right...I about died when I saw it...dont expect to find any in Houston Walmarts as I have stockpiled it..lol good luck finding it :)

Yep, Twinnings has a web site, I actually order one of my loose leaf teas from them. If what she wants is to have something from the Great Britain shop at Epcot I would talk to the folks at the hotel and see what they can do for you, they can be very helpful.

Thanks for this. It hadn't occurred to me to go the site and find out where I could order my favourite tea online (Twinings Blackcurrant black, if anyone cares). I just put an order in for 2 boxes. Should be delivered Monday. (Happy dance!)

Thanks for this. It hadn't occurred to me to go the site and find out where I could order my favourite tea online (Twinings Blackcurrant black, if anyone cares). I just put an order in for 2 boxes. Should be delivered Monday. (Happy dance!)

Welcome, it's the only place I can get Lady Grey. I have other places I order other loose leaf teas from.

You can buy tea from the Grand Floridian Garden Tea Room for future reference. They have a lovely selection. We buy some every year and no you don't need to eat there, you can just ask the lady at the podium for what you would like to purchase.

I found the purple box Tetley on Amazon. I am going to give it a try. Helpful info! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter