• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

TCD's Thanksgiving 2010 Trip Report

Oh wow, a trip report. Even though we only live 5 minutes from the fort I still like to read the trip reports. More please popcorn::

Woohoo, A TCD report!! Taken from the great Carly Simon................

"Nobody does it better,
Makes me feel sad for the rest,
Nobody does it half as good as you,
Baby you're the best........."

Can't wait to read more!:thumbsup2

DSC_0449.jpg

DSC_0446.jpg

TCD this is also happening all the time now Too

Yeah! Another TCD report:banana::banana:. We don't get to go this year due to the girls being so little but reading your trip reports makes the times go by faster:lovestruc

Seriously, though, I'm sorry that we didn't get to at least say hello.

Did y'all at least visit the Fort?

TCD
We were all dressed up in our UGA garb so you may have seen us too.

Only got to see the Fort from the Outer Rim Lounge at Contemporary..Anyways, would probably have been too depressing because we had originally planned to stay at FW for the whole week.

I just got home from another 12 hour day at UPS ( Christmas Rush already) and how lucky was I to find another TCD trip report to help me relax, it is almost as good as being there.:rotfl:

I think I'll join the party!:cool1::banana::cool1::banana:

Can't wait to see what Yuri and his cousin discovered at the Fort this time.
Love the TCD trip reports, as usual!

Now, back to the report.......:surfweb:

You need to take KFK to the Fort for Halloween first before you start planning for Thanksgiving.

TCD

You almost fell off your pedastal when you said you'd be pulling for Auburn against Carolina. However......

The above statement has secured your place on the pedastal. ;)

The hubs is starting to crack! Looks like a 2011 Halloween trip is back on the table. :cheer2:

Great TR!!! Looking forward to seeing what your cousin Yuri photographed with your camera.

Carry on..

Unexpected TCD TR......WooHoo!!!!!! It's like a little present showed up under the tree early. Coffee in hand.....I'm ready to go.

Thanks for all the work you do.

Great start to the report. But I seriously doubt you will ever find me at the MK at 3am. I am an old farm boy afterall. Early to bed, early to rise.

Of course, knowing you, you were probably taking photos of Pioneer Hall by 6:30am. Right?
Just need to switch your paradigm(sp?). Get up a little earlier than normal to make it to the latest part of EMH. :laughing: Of course, if you follow the math, it probably translates into a 3 pm bed time that day. :) Yikes, it could wreak havoc on your internal clock. Nevermind.

I get almost as much enjoyment out of TCD's trips to the Fort as I do from my own. Note I said "almost." And TCD gets there a lot more frequently than we do. We're going to be there from the 19th through the 29th or 30th. Any chance for a TCD sighting then? I'm enjoying the TR, as always, and looking forward to Yuri's double top secret photos.

Goodness, there are a lot of folks aboard for this ride!

Welcome to you all!

As is my practice, before moving on, I must respond to some of your comments:

Thanks TCD for your trip report and pictures.
I bet you and your family have many fun times together at home and on adventures.
Your family is beautiful!!!

Boudin... You are Lucky Feisty did not give you hog head cheese to eat.:rotfl2:

Have you ever seen the movie, The Waterboy? Adam Sandler plays a young man from Louisiana who goes off to college to be, you guessed it, a waterboy.
Anyway, when he visits his momma, she was always cooking up something scary. I remember in one scene that there was a small alligator cooked and sitting out on the table. That's how I picture Feisty. Lord knows what that woman is cooking up there behind her RV!

But I'll tell you what, if she offered me some hog head cheese, I'd eat it!

I wondered if you would do a TR! We saw your campsite, but never saw you. One of your DDs was in the hammock once when we were looping. My DD7 had the camera and took a pic of your decorations (I don't know what is wrong with the child, they weren't UGA decorations!) We were in site 1207 from Fri night to Wed morning.

We thought the teepees were really cool - is it a Native American group, or a re-enactment group? I'm looking forward to more of the report and Yuri's pictures!

Well, I wish y'all had stopped and said hello. I heard a lot of comments about our Gator and FSU guy.

I'm about to post some tee pee photos. This is a group of tee pee enthusiasts who camp at the Fort every year at Thanksgiving. They have been doing it for over 30 years!

Great report TCD, man am I sad to have had to cancel our trip. I would have liked to have met the Legend himself! What year/model is your camper. We have an 02 Bayside that looks a lot like yours. We lost an awning in 06 at the Fort when we left for lunch and got a 3 inch downpour. looking forward to the rest of the report!

I have a 2000 Coleman, Utah CP. So, very similar to the Bayside. I haven't had a problem with the awning. Yet.

A TCD TR!

Woot!

I can't wait to see what Yuri uncovered. Maybe a shot looking down from a certain rooftop balcony at a certain hall?

I'm in!

Funny you should mention the rooftop balcony. I scouted this out some. But, I don't know how to get access. I will need to do some more field research, or speak to my friend, Six Bits.

I love to hear about the pop-up campers like ourselves getting a chance to cut to the front of a newly opened check-in line.

That Yuri. He sure does get around, doesn't he? Although he strangely can't keep up with his camera and you keep finding it. Funny, that.

I'm "ALL IN" for this trip report. Keep it going! popcorn::

Bama ED

Yes, how about that! The guy with the pop up gets called ahead of the Class A folks.

I have to say that Yuri's visit was a surprise. I thought the had been permanently deported, but somehow he found a way back in to the US. And you are right about him and cameras. He is a strange fellow. But, I think it's mostly just because he is not from this country.

TCD, wish I knew that was you. I say the blowup's several times. My oldest DD asked me what they were and I told her they were a sign that those people had no taste...LOL. GOOO DAWGS!!!

Sorry, but the Gators chomped the Dawgs again this year. Not by much, but a W is a W.

Yay!!! I can't wait to hear about the epic adventures of your cousin Yuri! I'm glad that I didn't have to cry. ;)

You and me both.

Once again we're excited for another great TCD trip report. You really make the most out of your trips to the fort. I don't know where you find the time to keep up with the kids, be an amazing photo journalist and take the time to explore like you do, let alone relax. Super job so far and as always looking forward to more

How do I do it? It's definitely the pixie dust.

Love your trip report. You sound like me. DD and I do the same exact things when MK is open to 3am and ride back on the last boat. You make me sort of sad though since I cant be there for Christmas this year and I will miss it terribly. :sad1:

Can't wait for more TR and pics!

That last boat ride is my favorite attraction in all of WDW. But, I have grown increasingly nervous about missing it. I'm sure we would get back to the Fort somehow, but I don't want to find out how at 4 am.

All ABOARD for another TCD trip report! :surfweb:

Yes, all Aboard! But, please move all the way across the aisles, the train is getting full!

Oh wow, a trip report. Even though we only live 5 minutes from the fort I still like to read the trip reports. More please popcorn::

Thanks for joining in! More is on its way!

Woohoo, A TCD report!! Taken from the great Carly Simon................

"Nobody does it better,
Makes me feel sad for the rest,
Nobody does it half as good as you,
Baby you're the best........."

Can't wait to read more!:thumbsup2

Carly Simon?

Never heard of him!

Is he a rapper?

You know, with the three teenage daughters, I just know Disney Channel stars. And Taylor Swift.

Otherwise, I haven't a clue.

Yeah! Another TCD report:banana::banana:. We don't get to go this year due to the girls being so little but reading your trip reports makes the times go by faster:lovestruc

Do you have girl twins? Me too! Y'all are in for some good times!

We were all dressed up in our UGA garb so you may have seen us too.

Only got to see the Fort from the Outer Rim Lounge at Contemporary..Anyways, would probably have been too depressing because we had originally planned to stay at FW for the whole week.

Oh, that's sad.

Both the UGA garb.

And the not visiting the Fort.

I just got home from another 12 hour day at UPS ( Christmas Rush already) and how lucky was I to find another TCD trip report to help me relax, it is almost as good as being there.:rotfl:

I'm happy to help.

I think I'll join the party!:cool1::banana::cool1::banana:

Can't wait to see what Yuri and his cousin discovered at the Fort this time.
Love the TCD trip reports, as usual!

Now, back to the report.......:surfweb:

Welcome to you, too.

WOO HOO!!!
Count me in!!!
popcorn::

OK- You are counted in. Man, that's a lot of people!

You almost fell off your pedastal when you said you'd be pulling for Auburn against Carolina. However......

The above statement has secured your place on the pedastal. ;)

The hubs is starting to crack! Looks like a 2011 Halloween trip is back on the table. :cheer2:

Great TR!!! Looking forward to seeing what your cousin Yuri photographed with your camera.

Carry on..

Alright, look, like I said, I like SC. I like Steve Spurrier. I would be happy for y'all to win your first SEC title. And part of me likes the idea of an SEC East team winning it. But, I want to see an SEC team play for the National Championship. And, that means War Eagle.

Glad to hear that a Halloween 2011 trip is being considered!

I really hope you are able to make it!

Unexpected TCD TR......WooHoo!!!!!! It's like a little present showed up under the tree early. Coffee in hand.....I'm ready to go.

Thanks for all the work you do.

And thank you for reading along!

I'll jump on this train! It's a great ride!!!:rotfl:

You just made it!

I think that makes you officially the caboose.

No wait, there's one more:

I get almost as much enjoyment out of TCD's trips to the Fort as I do from my own. Note I said "almost." And TCD gets there a lot more frequently than we do. We're going to be there from the 19th through the 29th or 30th. Any chance for a TCD sighting then? I'm enjoying the TR, as always, and looking forward to Yuri's double top secret photos.

Well, the TCD gang has been known to visit the Fort for New Year's Eve.

You never know.

So, now that we are all aboard, let's get this thing moving!

TCD

Now, on with our report.

It's Monday morning.

The day after we hit the racks at 4 am-ish.

But, I am out on patrol.

It's my duty.

I always enjoy visiting the tee pee people at Thanksgiving.

And, like the sparrows of Capistrano, they have returned to the Fort again.

Since it's only Monday, a lot of them are just getting set-up.

Which is very interesting to watch.

Here's how things looked on Monday morning:

100_0283.jpg

Here are some poles waiting to be put up:

100_0284.jpg

And, here we see some of the work involved in setting one of these up:

100_0285.jpg

100_0286.jpg

100_0287.jpg

A delivery was being made at this strange-looking tee pee:

100_0288.jpg

Notice that it is a Disney truck:

100_0289.jpg

This fellow had a big load of firewood delivered.

Here's the framework for another tee pee:

100_0290.jpg

One nice thing about this group camping area is that they provide nice fire pits (and they will also provide fire wood for a fee):

100_0291.jpg

Here's another tee pee going up:

100_0292.jpg

They bring the faux Native Americans their own ice machine for the week:

100_0293.jpg

Here goes the Disney truck after unloading the fire wood at the strange tee pee:

100_0294.jpg

Let's take a closer look at that strange tee pee:

100_0295.jpg

You can't really see it in this photo, but there was a lot of smoke coming out of the opening at the top of this tee pee.

Kind of like a Cheech and Chong movie.

Here's a closer look:

100_0296.jpg

And another look:

100_0297.jpg

See the guy in the photo?

He greeted me with a "hey man!"

So, we have a tee pee with strange markings.

With smoke billowing out of the top.

And, this fellow giving me a "hey man!"

This can mean only one thing!

HIPPIES!!! :hippie:

:scared1:

As I'm sure you can understand- I got out of that corner of the group camping area quickly.

I don't want any trouble from the hippies.

Here is the hippie's neighbor:

100_0298.jpg

100_0299.jpg

Make sure that you notice the cow skull and lantern.

Cowboys?

In a tee pee?

You got me!

A few more tee pee photos for good measure (and quantity-which is important to every TCD trip report):

100_0300.jpg

100_0301.jpg

100_0302.jpg

There are some things stacked up by this tee pee:

100_0303.jpg

What do you think is in that box?

Arrow heads?

Feathers?

War Paint?

No:

100_03031.jpg

It's a campfire.

In a box.

Just like the Native Americans used to use back in the day.

I thought this might have been a movie screen, so they could make shadow figures with their campfire in the box, but it was just a tarp in the process of being set up:

100_0304.jpg

I think that's enough tee pee photos for now.

So, we'll move on to something else.

But, we will be back to visit this area again after things are a bit more set up.

TCD

Wow, a TCD trip report!:cool1: We were down at the Fort from 11/4 to 11/13, had our ears out but did not run into any other Dis'ers (but still had a fantastic time down there). After we got back we've had lots of things come up and I hadn't had much time on the boards, so coming on today and seeing a TCD trip report is a very welcome surprise. I love all the small details you always manage to report! Looking forward to more!popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter