• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

TCD want to be bought out.

JulieSharp

Joshua will always be my 'little boy'
The Blackpool Gazette states 'The axed workers of TCD in Blackpool are pleading for the business to be saved and are prepared to talk to prospective buyers not just from within the industry. They took to the streets last night in a bid to raise awareness.'

TCD made £17m net profit last year and had made profit previous years too.

Parent company - XL Group said, 'they were pleased to offer for sale the business and property for TCD.'

I hope they find a buyer soon :)

wish they could of hived it off before the group brought them down
Paulh

Having lost 2 holidays because I booked them through TCD I wouldn't touch them again with a barge pole.

Having lost 2 holidays because I booked them through TCD I wouldn't touch them again with a barge pole.

I think this would be the Major problem- their reputation is gone now. Such a shame as less competition can only mean higher prices in the long run.

if they are a profitable and viable business they will be bought i think, they should be praised for the cheap holidays they have provided for tens of thousands of people. i have used them many times and would do so again.

If I wanted a 2 week hol(very rare I do) and the price was right I would have no hesitation using them if they were fully bonded, would also pay with Credit card to be sure. It was the XL group at fault not TCD, if they were making a profit and can restart, save jobs, good luck to them. Shame they couldn't split the company and sell TCD as a going concern though and save a lot of hassle for many people.

If I wanted a 2 week hol(very rare I do) and the price was right I would have no hesitation using them if they were fully bonded, would also pay with Credit card to be sure. It was the XL group at fault not TCD, if they were making a profit and can restart, save jobs, good luck to them. Shame they couldn't split the company and sell TCD as a going concern though and save a lot of hassle for many people.

exactly

Excatly I agree.:thumbsup2

TCD staff were unaware of what was coming and were booking holidays upto midnight before they went bust.

I don't think it is right that a company like XL can go on and on and on and then go bust with £143m debts. Surely they should of been stopped much, much earlier. I bet theres other travel companies in millions of pound of debt right now too that we don' know about. They should all be monitored by a official body. As usual it is innocent holidaymakers who get all the hassle and extra expense.

Sorry its turned into a sunday morning sermon :rotfl:

Some of you may remember that TCD came from the embers of European Air which started the UK to Sanford route about 6-7 years ago. European could not make it pay as they did not have critical mass. TCD had more planes, a stricter policy of 14 days or nothing & some cheap upgrades which appealed to many people.
I have not been let down by TCD, but have experienced more problems with Virgin. Does that stop me travelling with either of them potentially?
No is the answer.
Dependent on when, who, how long we travel for & price will always determine that. Quality service is important, but DW & I with our 3 kids travelled with US Air via Philly for a 17 day break this simmer because it was £2080 CHEAPER than any other option we could get. Admittedly i would have preferred to not have to get a connection, but we decided there were 2080 reasons why we should.
The service was not as good as Virgin in terms of politeness or access to drinks etc, but it was on time & ran really smoothly. On the plus side we only had to pick our luggage up once on the way in which was a lot easier than the way you have to at MCO. On the way back I think the connecting flight was 6 gates away.
Basically what i am saying is....IF someone takes TCD over & the price is right many many people continue to use them.
Virgin upper is great, but to be honest its wasted on the kids & not worth the money. Dont get me started on Premium Economy. That IMHO is a waste of money. The biggest benefit is the priority check in & we get that with my silver membership.
That is the end of my Sunday sermon also.

TCD staff were unaware of what was coming and were booking holidays upto midnight before they went bust.

I don't think it is right that a company like XL can go on and on and on and then go bust with £143m debts. Surely they should of been stopped much, much earlier. I bet theres other travel companies in millions of pound of debt right now too that we don' know about. They should all be monitored by a official body. As usual it is innocent holidaymakers who get all the hassle and extra expense.

Sorry its turned into a sunday morning sermon :rotfl:

Strange as most of the board knew two years ago that they where in some finantial troubles. And also strange that the two air craft that was in the sky at the time of the bankruptcy reverted back to the lessor and that lessor being XL France and XL Germany. And also strange that there is a roumour the ex XL CEO has registered a new company going by the name of wizz-air. Yes this is all above the usual tcd staff level, But most of this information was available on the web more than six months ago.

Strange as most of the board knew two years ago that they where in some finantial troubles. And also strange that the two air craft that was in the sky at the time of the bankruptcy reverted back to the lessor and that lessor being XL France and XL Germany. And also strange that there is a roumour the ex XL CEO has registered a new company going by the name of wizz-air. Yes this is all above the usual tcd staff level, But most of this information was available on the web more than six months ago.

the planes that did fly people back,didnt come to manchester.they went to paris.thus stoping the addminastators siezing them.they were taken over buy the french and german arms which are still opperating.have hear that the florida side TCD was one of the only parts making money
Paulh

All XL planes were leased. Once declared bankrupt the planes reverted back to the lessor on the instructions of the administrator.
Looks like you now belive what was said a few days ago
Paulh

I dont think TCD could ever re-surface and survive, there would be no public confidence to use them. If TCD hadn't gone under, I would never have used them again after a comedy of errors from start to finish (which ended up with me getting a 200 quid refund)

I wouldnt use them again, but that because they cancelled a flight I was booked on

they cancelled 4 of mine for new year, it is ok though will get money back and have booked some more with virgin at around same price, hope they do come back though, it is good for competition.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter