taxi vs town car from airport

jlap

Earning My Ears
It's just two of us going from the Orlando Airport to Port Orleans. We wont be needing a grocery stop. And in the past we've had a few bad experiences with Fla tours , in terms of having to wait around for the driver which sort of defeated the purpose... So Im wondering if we'd be better off just hopping in a cab. Anyone know if there's a big price difference? THANKS!

Cab would be at least $50 without tips one way. I think you can find a town car for less than that.

Tiffany Towncar is our favorite - and we have done both grocery and not a grocery stop. I have noticed they raise their prices to 90 so we may try Prestige Town car - seen a positive post for them here on the boards. they are still 75 with coupon of 5 dollars. We have never had negative with our towncar and love the personal attention/ help with bagguage and not worrying about getting back to airport to head home always have been there on time.

Wanted to report in that we decided to take a taxi both ways and it worked out great for us.We liked walking out to the waiting cab--for some reason we've had a few hangups with being met by town car services in the past--and the drivers and cabs were fine.The fare to port orleans was less than half the town car roundtrip, and the return from bcv was about the same ...so all in all it was actually a little less than the town car. So, not for everyone, but it is an option. ((And know it sounds crazy but I so hate being disappointed by a town car service that I'd rather risk a bad taxi experience---and in this case, we were happily surprised)). Thanks all for your good advice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter