Taxi to Universal and back

Chocoholic2909

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know (a ballpark figure will do) what a taxi charges from the Disney Resort Pop Century to Universal (the original one) for one day both ways? Thanks in advance for any help. We can't decide whether to rent a car or go by taxi.

Kathy

I would think a taxi would charge around (ballpark) $50 round-trip (including tip) to Universal and back to Pop. If I were you, I would rent a car (pick it up at Downtown Disney) drive it to Universal and return it back to DTD.

Thanks so much for your quick reply. Didn't know about Downtown Disney having rental cars available. Great tip!

Kathy

Here is a list of where the Downtown Disney Agencies are....

Alamo/National = Wyndom Palace Resort

Avis = Hilton Resort

Budget = Doubletree Guest Suites

Chocoholic2909 said:
Does anyone know (a ballpark figure will do) what a taxi charges from the Disney Resort Pop Century to Universal (the original one) for one day both ways? Thanks in advance for any help. We can't decide whether to rent a car or go by taxi.

Kathy

I have to make the same decision, so I called the cab company. It's $30 each way. To rent a van (there's six of us) would cost about $45 after tax for one day, plus parking at Universal and topping the tank off. Frankly, I'm not saving much (if anything) and I'd rather not have the hassle of driving directions and parking. I'm taking the cab.

dpinchot said:
I have to make the same decision, so I called the cab company. It's $30 each way. To rent a van (there's six of us) would cost about $45 after tax for one day, plus parking at Universal and topping the tank off. Frankly, I'm not saving much (if anything) and I'd rather not have the hassle of driving directions and parking. I'm taking the cab.

Yes, for 6 people, its probibly not worth it, but for 2 people, you can get a compact or intermediate for $25 for the day.

We used Mears for a day trip to Sea World a couple years ago. It cost $12 pp r/t. It was just the two of us.

Last summer, we hired a towncar, for the four of us. It was $45 r/t plus tip.

Dopey Sharon said:
We used Mears for a day trip to Sea World a couple years ago. It cost $12 pp r/t. It was just the two of us.

Last summer, we hired a towncar, for the four of us. It was $45 r/t plus tip.

Which company charged $45 for that trip? I'm looking to do the same thing. Thanks! :)

parking at Universal is $9 now, so if opt to rent be sure and factor that into your cost as well. =)

I just looked at Tiffany's web site-round trip is $65.00. I've already made reservation at QuickSilver and they are $5.00 more-I may have to cancel and go with Tiffany!

Bill

wildbill said:
I just looked at Tiffany's web site-round trip is $65.00. I've already made reservation at QuickSilver and they are $5.00 more-I may have to cancel and go with Tiffany!

Bill

$65.00 is a big difference from $45.00, I guess we will just grab a cab.

If I've followed correctly a cab will cost $60 or you can get a towncar for $65....for the $5.00 why not go in style and comfort?

JMHO

Bill

wildbill said:
If I've followed correctly a cab will cost $60 or you can get a towncar for $65....for the $5.00 why not go in style and comfort?

JMHO

Bill

::yes::

wildbill said:

JMHO

Bill

Yes, I totally agree but since its no longer a $ issue, I figured grab a cab and not deal with a time constraint.

I think Quicksilver Tours is like 50. one way and 85. roundtrip to Universal, or it was lastyear when we used them. They were great and friendly and affordable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!