Taxi or Rental Car

jrtoastyman

Purveyor of Fine Latex Products
Will be at DLR in mid-May for a few days prior to a wedding in Pasadena. Trying to figure out if we should just get around using cabs, rent a car, or some combo of the two. We'll be in the area for a week total and staying in a condo within walking distance of the parks.

Realistically, we won't really need to go anywhere for the first several days we're there -- we'll be at the parks, DTD, or the condo the whole time, I suspect. Afterwards, we're really not sure how it's all going to be structured, so we might need an easy way to get around, we might not. With that in mind, I'm thinking that the best play might be to take a cab to the resort and then rent a car when we're getting ready to leave DLR area and head to the wedding. Is there anywhere near DLR to rent a car?

Check Alamo's website. I believe there is one in DTD.

There are several of the major rental car companies with in a mile or two of Disneyland. Their websites will show you the locations.

Geemo

I would recommend if you have decided to rent a car, just get it at the airport and keep it the entire week. Paying for a cab will be substantially more than what those two days will cost for the rental car.

My strategy for rental cars is to book one several month out to make sure I have one reserved, and then keep checking back to see if the price has dropped. If you plan on going during a non-peak time, there is a good chance that the rental car prices will drop. Last year I had a full-size care booked at about $300 for the week and about 7 days out, it dropped to $98.00 TOTAL including all fees and taxes...they even upgraded us to a "luxury" car.

I would recommend if you have decided to rent a car, just get it at the airport and keep it the entire week. Paying for a cab will be substantially more than what those two days will cost for the rental car.

Agree 110% that cab ride from the airport to the condo will probably cost more then the rental price of the car

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter