Taxi how to's

Wdw1015

DIS Veteran
After fireworks, I would like to take a taxi back to our resort (Caribbean Beach) rather than deal with the madness of the buses. How does this work? Do they just have taxis lined up? Where do we go to get one?

In addition, I thought about taking a taxi from our resort to Chef Mickeys. Do we just call a taxi service and tell them when we want them? How about coming back to the resort after we are done? What taxi service do you recommend?

Sorry, I live in a small town and don't use taxis so I'm not sure of the ins and outs of them!

The fireworks at Magic Kingdom?

Taxi's are not at the Magic Kingdom but at the TTC. You would need to monorail or ferry over to the TTC and then proceed tot he taxi stand. There are usually taxi's there at closing so getting one is not hard. There is a phone there direct to Mears if a taxi is not there.

Taxi's at EPCOT pickup and drop off in the parking lot in the first bus loop. No phone there so you would need to arrange a ride before hand.

Taxi's to and from Chef Mickeys is easy. There should be taxi's at the resorts and if not, the front desk will call one for you at your resort and at the Contemporary.

After the MK fireworks, even the monorail and ferry will see big crowds so getting to the TTC for a taxi will still involve some waiting. Instead, take the 5 minute walk over to the Contemporary Resort and hop in a taxi there.

Only use the taxi's outside the resort. Don't call your own. I had friends that did that a few years ago. Called a taxi from the phone book to take them from Caribbean Beach to Wide World of Sports, which is essentially across the street. Took them 30 minutes to get there. Bad, bad, bad choice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter