Taxi from Radisson at the port to disney port

disneycruiser22

Mouseketeer
How much is it? I heard the shuttle is chaotic and even though we have a 10am shuttle time i may just go for the taxi if its cheap

How much is it? I heard the shuttle is chaotic and even though we have a 10am shuttle time i may just go for the taxi if its cheap

If you have a 10:00 shuttle then you are one of the first ones to go. If it were me I would just ride the shuttle. They have everyone's name on a list and when they call your name you get on the shuttle......no biggie at all. It's quick and convenient.

It only seems chaotic because everyone seems to think they have to hang out in the lobby even a hour or so before their shuttle time so after a while it looks crowded!! But with you leaving on the early shuttle it wouldn't be anything you would have to deal with for very long.

If you do decide to take a cab, here's some good advice. Get the business card of the cab who takes you over so you can call them when you return. There are cabs/vans outside the terminal when you disembark but trust me they are ONLY interested in taking people to the airport.

On our last cruise we finally got a taxi to take us back to the hotel but she wasn't happy about it. She wasn't rude, but she did explain that on the mornings the ships come back in they all have to draw numbers to determine their place in the pickup line in front of the terminal. Once they get out of that line they cannot re-enter the line.

As we were leaving she showed us the parking lot (away from the terminal entrance) where other cabs were gathered. She said these were the ones waiting on phone calls from passengers and were not in the drawing that day. These cabs could only enter the terminal area if they were specifically called for a specific pickup.

I thought all this might be a fluke, but I have verified this info with two local people and what the cab driver told me is correct.

Hope this helps....

I have used the shuttle twice and though it looks a bit crazy it is totally organized. The issue isn't the people on the 10 am shuttle that belong there it is the people who belong on the 11 am shuttle who are hanging out and trying to sneak in--the man with the clipboard is efficient and keeps them at bay! lol

Great! thanks everybody. Looks like i'll be taking the shuttle ! :thumbsup2 Any recent First Time Dream cruisers...have any of you taken the 10:00am shuttle? what was your boarding #? Thanks :goodvibes

We've taken the 10am shuttle on 3 occasions. We received boarding #2 on both times cards were distributed - Magic and Wonder. (the 1st time everyone just stood in a long queue after registration was complete).

Don't have any experience with the Dream - will find out in 2 weeks!

I agree with the previous posters. Make sure your name is on the list when you check-in. Then, let the man with the clip board know you are there and he will load your luggage on the trailer. We had very good experiences on all 3 occasions.

We are staying at the Residence Inn this time with a 10 am shuttle because the first shuttle time availble at the Radisson was 11am when I called.

If you have a 10:00 shuttle then you are one of the first ones to go. If it were me I would just ride the shuttle. They have everyone's name on a list and when they call your name you get on the shuttle......no biggie at all. It's quick and convenient.

It only seems chaotic because everyone seems to think they have to hang out in the lobby even a hour or so before their shuttle time so after a while it looks crowded!! But with you leaving on the early shuttle it wouldn't be anything you would have to deal with for very long.

If you do decide to take a cab, here's some good advice. Get the business card of the cab who takes you over so you can call them when you return. There are cabs/vans outside the terminal when you disembark but trust me they are ONLY interested in taking people to the airport.

On our last cruise we finally got a taxi to take us back to the hotel but she wasn't happy about it. She wasn't rude, but she did explain that on the mornings the ships come back in they all have to draw numbers to determine their place in the pickup line in front of the terminal. Once they get out of that line they cannot re-enter the line.

As we were leaving she showed us the parking lot (away from the terminal entrance) where other cabs were gathered. She said these were the ones waiting on phone calls from passengers and were not in the drawing that day. These cabs could only enter the terminal area if they were specifically called for a specific pickup.

I thought all this might be a fluke, but I have verified this info with two local people and what the cab driver told me is correct.

Hope this helps....

if you car is at the RAdisson could you not have taken the Radisson shuttle back to the hotel? we couldnt get on till 11 am and my check in is at 1030 so I am going to take taxi over, but thought I could use shuttle when i got back?

Think I just read that the Radisson is adding another 30 person shuttle to their 'fleet' as well as more staff! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter