Taxi costs from OKW to AK and MK?

J Le

...qwack?
I just booked two tours for the end of January 2010 - Backstage Safari and Keys to the Kingdom. We should be in the parks ready to go by 8:15. I know the buses usually start running about an hour earlier than the parks open which in both cases is 9 am. The CM specifically mentioned a taxi may be necessary. I found a $ estimator at MearsTransportation.com that gives me a cost of $9 - $17 for transport from OKW to AK or MK. Does that sound right?

Thanks for any info! :thanks:

I would guess the cost would be in the higher end of that range, but not more. Last week we almost took a taxi to the MK from an off-site hotel, and that would have cost $20.

Buses actually start running from the resorts to the parks at 6:30 or 7 (by 7 at the latest) and run about every half hour. Be at your resort's bus area by 7:15. You'll make it - free.

Buses to the MK actually start service around 6:15am to 6:30am so guests can make the various tours and breakfasts.

I want to also add that you can NEVER take an early taxi to the AK. There have been many posts on here about the AK not letting any vehicles in early except for Disney buses. This is what happened to us a few years back. We were also told by a CM that we would need a taxi. What a nightmare that was!

Bottom line: buses DO start early so guests can get to tours, breakfasts, etc. all around WDW. They are separate from the normal park buses and don't run very often so allow extra time.

Also, NEVER EVER EVER listen to any CM about transportation. When in doubt ask here. The only ones to trust at WDW are the purple pants people who drive the Disney buses..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter