Taxes on Hopper Passes at Disney Store?

Does anyone know the price of a 7 day magic your way base ticket in the Canadian Disney stores? Looking for a friend. She was wondering it it would be cheaper to buy from Disney, Maple Leaf Tickets, etc....?

Chaleyann:santa:

I know when I went to buy tickets at the WDW Store here in Toronto its 6.5% tax you have to add.

About prices I ended up buying from Undercover Tourists as cheaper then WDW BUT now prices have gone up not 100% sure as the stores 4 months ago increased thier prices and might have again so go into the store OR call and double check

Does anyone know the price of a 7 day magic your way base ticket in the Canadian Disney stores? Looking for a friend. She was wondering it it would be cheaper to buy from Disney, Maple Leaf Tickets, etc....?

Chaleyann:santa:

I only have the pre-August brochure. The price for the 7-day MYW base was $245 Cdn plus taxes. At the time, it was $232 Cdn including taxes off undercovertourist. Both have increased their prices. There is a new MOYD brochure at the Disney Store. Sorry - I haven't picked it up. I know that it's cheaper no matter which configuration to go with undercovertourist. If you sign up for the mousesavers newsletter, you get an additional slight discount with them.

I was at the Disney store a few days ago and the 7 day non-hopper passes went down in price by $5.00 when the prices just changed. Not sure if all the tickets went down though.

Thanks for the info. Do you pay GST and PST when buying the tickets
through a travel agent?

You should not have to pay either GST or PST when purchasing the tickets through a travel agent as neither item is sold for use in Canada. It's like an international airline ticket -- one does not pay Canadian taxes on the sector departing from a foreign airport.

I was at the Disney store a few days ago and the 7 day non-hopper passes went down in price by $5.00 when the prices just changed. Not sure if all the tickets went down though.

This is because they set their prices every 6 months (or however long before Disney raises their prices). The last "set" amount was based on a much lower dollar exchange than our current one. It looks like they've adjusted that mistake somewhat. The only way to check is to compare their current pass prices to the US online ones, and see what their mark-up on the exchange is.

As long as your credit card doesn't have a high fee for charging US dollars, it's probably best to buy from US with our strong dollar right now.

I bought my passes in 2003 from Disney Store Canada because at the time, they had a set 25% mark-up on the tickets (75 cents on a dollar). Our dollar was sitting around 65 cents at the time, so the "set" price by the stores was a better deal. Right now, I'm not sure it's the best deal around. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter