Tax refunds

I filed my son's taxes on 2-6 he has a dd of 2-21, I also did my daughters she got hers dd on 2-14 and so did my mom. Ours was accepted on Feb 15 so we are waiting on our dd date.

Did anyone get their refund earlier than anticipated? I filed last Saturday and this morning, the refund was in my account. I wasn't scheduled to get it until 2/22.

Dr.Girlfriend said:
Did anyone get their refund earlier than anticipated? I filed last Saturday and this morning, the refund was in my account. I wasn't scheduled to get it until 2/22.

Me.... Got my refund 1 week after filing

I have not been able to read every post. Every year I remember deposits were only on Fridays but it states that mine will be deposited on Thursday. Does the Friday rule no longer apply?

GOOFY4DONALD said:
I have not been able to read every post. Every year I remember deposits were only on Fridays but it states that mine will be deposited on Thursday. Does the Friday rule no longer apply?

Seems to be any day this year. I just wish mine would show up that it is accepted. Waited to do the taxes because of the education credit. I'd just love to have a DD date ;)

I filed tonight, (used Turbo Tax) and 20 minutes later got an e-mail that our federal return was accepted!! :cool1: Refund is coming on or before March 11th. Haven't heard anything yet on our State return.

This is the most we've ever gotten back in over 12 years, so we're pretty excited! DH wants a new grill, putting back a good chunk for Christmas, and also paying off the rest of our credit card. Also paying for a certification course for my new job. So this return is doing many things for us!

What a great year! :goodvibes

I can't believe the way this tax season has turned out. At this rate we may not get our refunds until summer. :rolleyes:

Carla

MickeyEars said:
I can't believe the way this tax season has turned out. At this rate we may not get our refunds until summer. :rolleyes:

Carla

I'm trying to be patient but it's not always easy. If it would just show up and say it's been accepted, I could relax. This is the first year we had education expenses. It just makes me nervous.

I'm trying to be patient but it's not always easy. If it would just show up and say it's been accepted, I could relax. This is the first year we had education expenses. It just makes me nervous.

It's enough to make anyone nervous. If the IRS would let people know what's going on it might help.

Carla

It's enough to make anyone nervous. If the IRS would let people know what's going on it might help.

Carla

I could not agree with you more. We had to wait for education credits as well and I can not stand to see the bar NOT move on the website. Really nerve racking. Everyone I know received their returns in less than no time, I just feel that mine is stuck. lol. I think it might have something to do with the fact that I am dying to pay for our June trip! hahah ! :) Fingers crossed for all of us that it comes soon!

wlg2007 said:
I could not agree with you more. We had to wait for education credits as well and I can not stand to see the bar NOT move on the website. Really nerve racking. Everyone I know received their returns in less than no time, I just feel that mine is stuck. lol. I think it might have something to do with the fact that I am dying to pay for our June trip! hahah ! :) Fingers crossed for all of us that it comes soon!

I keep thinking that it has to move out of limbo but it doesn't. With DS going to college in the fall, I'm looking forward to paying off DW SUV and paying off the credit card. All we seem to be doing this year is paying this fee or that fee for DS. Who knows, maybe tomorrow is the day the bar moves on the IRS website! :)

MickeyEars said:

Carla

I'm hoping its just the delay from the holiday weekend.

mine was accepted by the IRS on 2/14, also because of the education credits and my bar hasn't moved since then....I really wish something would happen.

denise5374 said:
mine was accepted by the IRS on 2/14, also because of the education credits and my bar hasn't moved since then....I really wish something would happen.

I check twice a day. Once in the morning when I get up and once in the evening. DS also sent his taxes in the same day 2/14 and his too is still just showing that it is processing. His was just a simple as can be return. I figure they must be so back logged because of the education issues. I just get anxious until it reads accepted. Then I will be able to relax. :)

I posted this on another thread, but thought it would be appropriate here too... :goodvibes

I had to call the IRS about a separate issue yesterday, and when I finally got a live person (only took 30ish minutes! :cool1:), I mentioned the delay in processing that I saw on the website. I was informed that even though a lot of returns were accepted on 2/14, most of those returns did not start processing in the IRS system until Monday, 2/18. This is what is causing the lack of status change on Where's My Refund. I was told that hopefully, most of the returns that were accepted on 2/14 will have some sort of update by Monday 2/25 (since even though the website updates overnight, the biggest updates are done overnight on Wednesdays and Sundays)...

Hope this helps ease some worries! Of course, this is the IRS we're talking about...

Does anyone know how accurate the DD deposit date is on the site? My refund is scheduled to deposit tomorrow. Just curious..TIA

Well my status changed, it went from processing to we are unable to provide a status......

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter