• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tax on table service meals with DDP?

suzdisneyfan

Mouseketeer
On our recent trip, some table service restaurants charged tax on our meal when using a dining credit, and some didn't. Should we be charged tax on the table service meals?

You're charged tax but it's included in the dining credit. The only OOP cost is gratuity unless you ordered something that wasn't included with your credit.

Thanks, that's what I thought, but we were definitely charged tax on at least two of the meals. We didn't order anything that wasn't covered under the plan, and they specifically told us the tax wasn't included in the plan. I'm going to check my receipts now.

Thanks, that's what I thought, but we were definitely charged tax on at least two of the meals. We didn't order anything that wasn't covered under the plan, and they specifically told us the tax wasn't included in the plan. I'm going to check my receipts now.
please let us know if that happened. Need to know if this is something to be on alerg for!

If it is on your receipts, you need to contact Disney ASAP. Tax is included with the DDP and there is NO reason they should've charged you.

I'd be curious to know if these were third party restaurants. At any rate DDP is supposed to include the taxes on the meal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter