• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tax in disney?

cyctorres

DIS Veteran
I DO NOT LIVE IN U.S. .
WHAT IS THE PERCENT OF TAX TO BE PAID IN DISNEY. TO KNOW MORE OR LESS AS THE RISING PRICE OF MEALS
sORRY FOR MY ENGLISH

Meal tax is 6.5% in general.

Disney does span two counties though (I think Pop Century is in the other county), and there are different tax rates - I believe 11.5% and 12.5% on the room tax, but I'm not sure if the food tax is also a percent higher or not.

For meals, I would just plan 6.5% and that should pretty much cover it.

The basic Sales Tax rate in Florida is 6.0% and is on most goods and services. The counties have an option, by vote of their residents, to add a surtax of 0.25%, 0.5%, 1.0% or 1.5% to the state rate.

Orange County, which is most of WDW, has a surtax of 0.5% so purchases (including meals) are taxed at 6.5%.

Osceola County, which has the All-Stars Resorts and Wide World of Sports in it, has a 1.0% surtax so purchases at those locations are subject to a 7.0% tax.

In addition, counties are allowed to have a tax on transient lodging. In both Orange and Osceola Counties it is 6.0%, so all lodging except the All Stars is 12.5% while the All Stars, in Osceola County, is 13.0%.

Mike (CPA Retired)

This is very interesting to me, I had no idea either about the different taxes.Thanks for sharing this with us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter