Tavares, fl - FINALLY

spiceycat

dvc-blt
been trying to move to Florida for several years. Finally got a place - that is close to WDW but not too close.

It is in central Lake County - so because of all the lakes - it will take at least an hour to get to WDW - probably longer - but since I love lakes - this won't be a problem for me.

Closing and moving in June. Can't show you pictures because someone is living there - he and his family is moving this month.

so can't wait to be a Florida resident

Been there.
Nice little town.
My Granddad had a mobile home in the Pink Top Mobile Home Park back in the 80's.
We stayed at his place and commuted back and forth to WDW for a couple of vacations.
The drive finally got to be too much and we started staying on property.

My dad has a place down there. It is a nice town. The downtown area is nice and by a lake, across from the park there are some places to eat. I remember going to an Irish style pub and it had a neat atmosphere and good food. We used a couple different routes to get to Orlando. Some took longer than an hour by there was on route (sorry I can't remember) that we used to go to Animal Kingdom Lodge and it took about 45-50 minutes, we didn't really speed either. Oh there is also and ice cream place in Tavares that has really good ice cream, the building is shaped like an ice cream cone. Yum!

We stayed at his place and commuted back and forth to WDW for a couple of vacations.
The drive finally got to be too much and we started staying on property.

hey still keeping my DVC at least for now.

My dad has a place down there. It is a nice town. The downtown area is nice and by a lake, across from the park there are some places to eat. I remember going to an Irish style pub and it had a neat atmosphere and good food. We used a couple different routes to get to Orlando. Some took longer than an hour by there was on route (sorry I can't remember) that we used to go to Animal Kingdom Lodge and it took about 45-50 minutes, we didn't really speed either. Oh there is also and ice cream place in Tavares that has really good ice cream, the building is shaped like an ice cream cone. Yum!

thanks for the information - really think I will love it. maybe 561 and US 27 then 192?

almost went for Minneola, FL - but the prices got to be too much for my budget. it is around 30 to 35 minutes from WDW.

think I have seem the Irish pub - but not the ice cream place - yet!

hey still keeping my DVC at least for now.

thanks for the information - really think I will love it. maybe 561 and US 27 then 192?

almost went for Minneola, FL - but the prices got to be too much for my budget. it is around 30 to 35 minutes from WDW.

think I have seem the Irish pub - but not the ice cream place - yet!

You won't be able to miss the ice cream place. When I visited my dad I asked him if he had been to it yet as he loves ice cream. He said no and I was floored! How could you not stop at a place selling ice cream shaped like an ice cream cone!!!!!! So we of course rectified that immediately! Enjoy your move!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter