TauckBridges London and Paris Tour

Momof3greatkids

Mouseketeer
For anyone interested in London and Paris. Tauckbridges Tour Prices are out and they run from about $4200 for a double to around $3980 for a triple and quad. Tips are included and they will pick you up and drop you off at the airport any day, you don't have to arrive or leave the day of the tour.They will also be releasing another London and Paris Trip that is not a Bridges trip in a couple of weeks, and it should have prices even less, IF you are able to travel at other parts of the year. I love ABD and they would be my first choice, but with their Castle and Kings tours running slighty over $5000 pp plus tips, I find myself forced to look at other options. For our family of 3 that would be around a $3300 savings plus another $1000 or so in tips. Probably am really looing at 2013, in order to save enough FF, but am interested to see what is out there this year. Also, remember if you are interested in Egypt A & K, a great company, has some really good reductions. Hope this is helpful. Also, let me say I am not trying to sway anyone away from ABD, which i have been fortunate enough to enjoy a couple of times. I just assume others are like me, and need to check for the best deals they can get.

Thanks for this information! I am going to take a look. As much as we would like to go with ABD the price is just crazy. For the two of us with airfare, etc the week would cost more than our wedding! :scared1:

I'm haven't made up my mind yet but I'm considering the TB Alpine trip and the Danube Cruise. As I returning guest I'll get 2 free hotel nights with the Danube trip. The Alpine dates/rates were just released yesterday and I haven't gotten a notice from Tauck so I don't know yet if the 2 free hotel nights applies to that trip yet. I'm considering a couple of ABDs as well, but it seems that every year ABD reduces the number of included activities and yet still increases the price. I was thinking about the Ireland ABD, which I'm sure would be awesome, but there is so much time and so many meals on our own I figured I might as well do the whole trip on my own. So I'm going to investigate that route, as well. Costco Travel has an 8-night Discover Ireland package with 2011 price of $1599 per person (no 2012 price posted yet). It includes the items below. I looked up the hotels and they all look very nice. On the down side, wouldn't have a fantastic guide to take care of everything for me, but on the up side, I could afford to take a second vacation with the price difference. I meant to comment on Tauck being a good company and kinda went off on a tangent. :)

Vacation Includes
• Ground transportation from airport to hotel and return
• Daily breakfast for two
• Two nights in a Classic Room at The Westin Dublin
• Dublin City Sightseeing tour (hop on, hop off)
• Five-day Avis compact rental car (manual transmission; pick-up/drop-off Dublin city center for Killarney/Galway/West Ireland)
• Two nights in a Classic Double Room at Killarney Plaza Hotel (Killarney)
• One night in Standard Room at Hotel Meyrick (Galway)
• Two nights in a Corrib Lake-View Room at Ashford Castle (West Ireland)
• One night in an Executive Room at The Fitzwilliam Hotel (Dublin)
• Hotel and car taxes
Added Values
• 20% discount on all spa treatments at Killarney Plaza Hotel
• Each adult receives one Irish Coffee at Killarney Plaza Hotel
• Each adult receives one glass of house wine with dinner at Hotel Meyrick
• Each adult receives one glass of champagne at Ashford Castle

The TB Danube cruise looks really interesting. The 2012 dates just don't work for us.

The TB Danube cruise looks really interesting. The 2012 dates just don't work for us.

Very limited dates for the family cruise, for sure. The only one that works for us is the July 7 one, since DS will still be 11 for the June date (so not old enough for the rafting) and our school starts on Aug 1 next year. tufbuf, are you familiar with Budapest? With the free hotel days we would definitely want to add a pre-day but I'm not sure what would be a good way to spend our time. I think the itinerary sounds greats, but I hesitate because Austria and Hungary aren't places that immediately come to mind when I think of places I've always wanted to visit.

No I am not familiar with Budapest, that's why the itinerary sounds very interesting. I want to visit all the cities they have on the itinerary, at least a glimpse of it. It was so disappointing when ABD pulled out their Austria-Czech Republic adventure. That was on our list. A&K has an interesting itinerary on those two countries as well.

Very limited dates for the family cruise, for sure. The only one that works for us is the July 7 one, since DS will still be 11 for the June date (so not old enough for the rafting) and our school starts on Aug 1 next year. tufbuf, are you familiar with Budapest? With the free hotel days we would definitely want to add a pre-day but I'm not sure what would be a good way to spend our time. I think the itinerary sounds greats, but I hesitate because Austria and Hungary aren't places that immediately come to mind when I think of places I've always wanted to visit.

Hi Bobo912, I've been to Budapest 4 times, always on business, so that usually means only a day or so in the city with no time to do touristy stuff. I usually stay down on the riverfront and it is a nice walk along the riverwalk with markets, shops, heroes square, etc. The Hungarian baths (from hot springs in a cave) are also pretty cool to go into. There are at least a couple of them that are family friendly. Other things include taking a funicular to Buda castle on castle hill, climbing the Elisabeth lookout tower for great views of the city, touring some of the large/ornate churches and synagogues, and there is also a zoo and amusement park (although I haven't been to them). Overall, I think Budapest is a beautiful city (OK, what little I've seen of it) especially at night when the parliament building is lit up. I think you could easily stay busy and keep your son interested in the culture, history, and sites for a day or two. BTW-we'd also like to really do that Tauck Bridges river cruise, but we need to wait a couple of more years for our son to turn 12 to do the white water rafting.

Thanks RSM! Would you happen to have any suggestions for Munich? We could add an extra day at the end of the trip as well.

Thanks RSM! Would you happen to have any suggestions for Munich? We could add an extra day at the end of the trip as well.

Hey Bobo912--give some thought to Salzburg for a day--easy train ride from Munich, and the old town, St. Peter's church/graveyard and the oldest restaurant in Europe and the castle will easily fill up your day (and you can walk from the train station through Marabelle Gardens--one of the key Sound of Music scenes), across the river into old town. (also--in Munich--there is a great museum on an island in the river which can easily take a day to explore)

Thanks WeLoveABD! Day 6 of the cruise is spent in Salzburg. The activities that day include Schloss Hellbrunn and Mirabelle Gardens. And then there is also some time on our own. Speaking of The Sound of Music, Elisabeth Von Trapp will be on the Aug 4 cruise (which would be very cool), but our school is starting on Aug 1 next year so that's one's not in the cards for us.

Sorry Bobo912, the only time I've spend in Munich has been connecting through the airport. Salzburg does sound cool though. As a side note, next weekend we are spending 3 nites at the Trapp Family Lodge in Stowe, VT. This is where the Von Trapp family settled after they left Austria. Has a very European feel to it and the foliage is spectacular this time of year. It is a great resort nestled in the mountains with plenty of hiking trails, great views, Von Trapp family history, and a definite Sound of Music theme to it.

Sorry Bobo912, the only time I've spend in Munich has been connecting through the airport. Salzburg does sound cool though. As a side note, next weekend we are spending 3 nites at the Trapp Family Lodge in Stowe, VT. This is where the Von Trapp family settled after they left Austria. Has a very European feel to it and the foliage is spectacular this time of year. It is a great resort nestled in the mountains with plenty of hiking trails, great views, Von Trapp family history, and a definite Sound of Music theme to it.
Ooooo! That sounds very cool! How hard is it to book there?

Sayhello

Ooooo! That sounds very cool! How hard is it to book there?

Sayhello

We've never had a problem getting a reservation. We tend to go early October every year, so we book about 6 months in advance. I do know Columbus day weekend fills up about a year early. But the week before or after tends to have plenty of openings.

Just google Trapp Family Lodge and go to their website. That will give you a good sense of what it is like.

I have often thought about going there myself. Would love to go in the summer. However, I am afraid my 13 year old would get bored, after a day or so. He could swim and hike for about a day, and then what else is there to do? I love Sound of Music so I know I would love a visit, but what about teenagers? Anyone know??

I have often thought about going there myself. Would love to go in the summer. However, I am afraid my 13 year old would get bored, after a day or so. He could swim and hike for about a day, and then what else is there to do? I love Sound of Music so I know I would love a visit, but what about teenagers? Anyone know??

If your family likes outdoor activities, then it is a great place to go. There is alot to do at the resort (hiking, mountain bike trails, rock wall climbing, horse and carriage rides, etc), but you can also venture into the surrounding village of Stowe or Waterbury. About 10 mins away is Mt. Mansfield and Smugglers Notch. You can obviously climb Mt. Mansfield, there is an Alpine slide, a pretty cool zipline course, gondola rides to another set of trails, etc. We have also gone a little farther north and there are couple of guys that race sled dogs. In the summer they hook the huskies up to a sled with wheels and you ride through mountain trails. This year, we are doing a glider tour over the mountains assuming weather permits. In Waterbury, you could go to a cider mill, do the Ben and Jerry's factory tour, plenty of shopping (ok, that may not interest a teen), but I think you could find plenty to do in the area. I probably sound like I'm schilling for the area, I don't mean to. But, it is a beautiful part of the country that reminds me of our Alpine Magic ABD.

We've stayed at Smuggler's Notch before and had a great time. There is alot to do within a reasonable drive and it's so gorgeous in the fall.

Laurie

We've never had a problem getting a reservation. We tend to go early October every year, so we book about 6 months in advance. I do know Columbus day weekend fills up about a year early. But the week before or after tends to have plenty of openings.

Just google Trapp Family Lodge and go to their website. That will give you a good sense of what it is like.
Thanks RSM! I think I'm going to see a bit more of the USA for a while!

Sayhello

Thanks WeLoveABD! Day 6 of the cruise is spent in Salzburg. The activities that day include Schloss Hellbrunn and Mirabelle Gardens. And then there is also some time on our own. Speaking of The Sound of Music, Elisabeth Von Trapp will be on the Aug 4 cruise (which would be very cool), but our school is starting on Aug 1 next year so that's one's not in the cards for us.

That's too bad, Bobo912. Elisabeth Von Trapp really enhanced the whole experience for us, especially when she performed some "Sound of Music" songs and when we visited Salzburg and Vienna...

That's too bad, Bobo912. Elisabeth Von Trapp really enhanced the whole experience for us, especially when she performed some "Sound of Music" songs and when we visited Salzburg and Vienna...

It would have been nice but maybe we can do an late spring pre-cruise trip to RSM's resort in Vermont to get us in a "Sound of Music" frame of mind. :)

I decided to go ahead and book the trip this morning so I could take advantage of the "Gift of Time" offer that expires on 9/30. We'll receive a free pre-night at the Budapest Marriott and a free post-night at Bayerischer Hof in Munich. The Tauck agent told me that their negotiated rate at the Marriott is $205 and for the Bayerischer Hof it's $660 per night, so that's a nice little perk. DisFan10, any information or suggestions about the cruise or excursions that you would care to share is most welcome. And anyone else who is familiar with the area, hotels, activities, or restaurants please chime in too. All on ship and on shore meals are included in the trip, I believe, but we'll have the pre and post days on our own to fill.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter