Tattoos?

disneyworldluvr349

Disney World CM!
I just had my phone interview for the career start, and I am a little nervous that the fact I have a tattoo behind my ear will be cause for an automatic rejection. :guilty:

Part of me thought maybe I shouldn't say I have one, but I really wanted to honest about everything. She asked me where it was and how big it was I told her, and she said I would have to wear stage makeup to cover it up, and asked if that would be alright with me. I said "of course!" and that it is also easily covered by my hair.

It was the very first thing discussed during the interview so obviously it is very important, but I really hope that isn't the deciding factor as to whether or not I get it...

Have any of you worked for the CS/CP with tattoos? Was it a really big deal to cover it up?

I don't have any advice about covering it up - but I will say it's best you told the truth about it. It wouldn't go over well if you said you didn't, then got down there and someone noticed it. If you can cover it up, you should be fine :)

yeah just wear your hair down and that would be fine. i have a tattoo as well and the only roles i can work are ones that the sleeves come to the elbow, but i've seen some other people and theirs were showing so be careful same goes with piercings

Just so you know, you may not be able to wear your hair down. Aside from makeup, I'm not sure what else you can do to cover the tattoo because of where it is. I have six tattoos and had all of them on my last CP. I had to wear long pants to cover the one on my calf and the one on my wrist was able to be covered by my watch. The others were covered by my shirt.

Kat Von D, the tattoo artist from LA Ink has put out a special cover up just for tattoos. I don't have any, but I saw her photoshoot, and if you know who she is, she has a lot and i mean a lotttt of tattoos. She looked completly "naked" for lack of a better word.

I would definately check into it.

Good Luck!!!:cutie:

That make-up doesn't work well i tried it on mine and it took a couple coats to cover a small area and it never fully dried so it would wip off easily your probably better off trying a different kind or actually getting stage make-up for it

From what I understand of Kat's cover-up you have to dab it on (not brush like you would with regular concealer) and you have to let each layer dry completely before applying another coat. Basically you really have to follow the instructions that are online or else it wont work correctly.

Also to add. To comply with State, County and Local laws regarding Food Preperation, Cast Members in roles that in any way, shape or form involve the handling of food products are not permitted to use makeup to cover their tattos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter