Tastings

cado

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone where do you go once on board to book for the tastings eg beer,wine

We went to guest services while on the dream in Sept. I am sure it would be the same on the magic. You pay there with your WTTW card and get a ticket stub to give to the tasting host or hostess.

Hi everyone where do you go once on board to book for the tastings eg beer,wine

You go to guest services to reserve a space. We did the mojito tasting on our June cruise. It was great!

Do you have to do it on the ship? I can't seems to find it on my online check in.:confused3

We just got off the Dream on Sunday (3 night cruise) and did the champagne tasting in Pink. It was wonderful!!! We booked it that morning at guest services. :goodvibes

We just got off the Dream on Sunday (3 night cruise) and did the champagne tasting in Pink. It was wonderful!!! We booked it that morning at guest services. :goodvibes

Assume that was Nassau day, do you remember what time?

We did the champagne tasting on the DREAM and I think it was about 2 PM. It was really nice and they truly had some wonderful champagnes, think Taittinger, Moet de Chandon and others. We called GS when on board and booked it and they bld our KTTW card.

Tastings are booked and paid for on board at guest services.

Each night you will receive your Navigator which will list what tastings are available, when and where for the following day. Spaces is limited so if you see one you want to participate in, sign up.

We did the champagne tasting on the DREAM and I think it was about 2 PM. It was really nice and they truly had some wonderful champagnes, think Taittinger, Moet de Chandon and others. We called GS when on board and booked it and they bld our KTTW card.

Did they open a bottle of Champagne with nothing more than a glass? We did the wine tasting on the Magic, and the 1 Champagne in the tasting they opened that way. Quite impressive.

Related question...(and yes, I tried to search first...still can't seem to find what I'm looking for:confused3)...about how much do the tastings cost? I checked and all the navigators say "nominal fee" but nowhere can I find an actual amount. Any recent cruisers help me out? I'd be ever so grateful! :worship:

Related question...(and yes, I tried to search first...still can't seem to find what I'm looking for:confused3)...about how much do the tastings cost? I checked and all the navigators say "nominal fee" but nowhere can I find an actual amount. Any recent cruisers help me out? I'd be ever so grateful! :worship:

We did the martini tasting on the Wonder recently. If memory serves, it was $15/person.

- Dreams

We did the tequila tasting on the Dream & it was $15/person.

I actually reserved a spot as soon as I boarded the Dream on the 1st day.. GS can tell you which tasting will be happening what day so if you already know which day you'd like to do it you can sign up the 1st day.

I was more than a little tipsy after that one :rotfl:

I actually reserved a spot as soon as I boarded the Dream on the 1st day.. GS can tell you which tasting will be happening what day so if you already know which day you'd like to do it you can sign up the 1st day.

I was more than a little tipsy after that one :rotfl:[/Q

Great tip! Thanks!

I would love to do a tasting or two. And my DH would love to watch me do a tasting or two. But he has no interest in drinking. Can he come to the tasting with me anyway? Do I have to pay for him, and him just not drink?

We did the martini tasting on the Wonder recently. If memory serves, it was $15/person.

- Dreams

I was more than a little tipsy after that one :rotfl:

As promised...:worship::worship::worship:

That sounds reasonable! I might be able to try a little something...in the interest of research, of course...:rolleyes1

Thank you guys!!!

Just got off the Dream today and DH and I did a champagne tasting in Pink on Nassau day for $25 pp and did a wine tasting in Pink on sea day for $15 pp. Definitely worth it. We thoroughly enjoyed it :thumbsup2

the Whiskey tasting on the Dream was $15/pp. hubby said it was about shot size servings of 5-6 middle road whiskey/scotchs. but it was an interesting assortment and some interesting info. he signed up for that one morning of without a problem, so i don't think its as popular as some of the others. i tried to sign up for the wine one at the same morning and nothing available.

I would love to do a tasting or two. And my DH would love to watch me do a tasting or two. But he has no interest in drinking. Can he come to the tasting with me anyway? Do I have to pay for him, and him just not drink?

I've read different things about bringing a guest. I think one report said they were checking for tickets at the door and those without one were turned away being told that it was a 'ticket event'.

Then I read another report where someone said they found it hard to enjoy the tasting because another guest brought an entire entourage of friends (who did not have tickets) and the 'additions' were kind of obnoxious and seemed to try a d hijack the event.

I suppose you can ask at guest services.

Or if you are up to it, you can get your husband a ticket and enjoy his drinks (that's what I do :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter