Tarzan Show

justlikeeyore

Mouseketeer
Anyone hear that the Tarzan show at AK is moving to HK. They are going to build a new indoor theather to replace the one used for Tarzan Rocks :cool1:

I heard something about this also. And I also hear there is the big DAK Imaginear (always forget his name) giving a Celebration Press Event press conference announcement that might include that among other big topics for DAK.

Double UGH on the Jungle Book show. We LOVE Tarzan Rocks...a little shocked the first time, as it is so UN-Disney, certainly not too awfully much like the movie. However, in the spirit of a Disney rock concert (odd concept), we have come to love the show, and as several of the songs have special family connections, I will truly be sad if Tarzan Rocks leaves AK. However, to replace it with a JUNGLE BOOK show??? Maybe they should rebuild the venue with an enclosed, air conditioned theatre in the round and move Festival of the Lion King in, then send the JungleBook over to Camp Mickey/Minnie with Pocahontas and the character trails, and keep that area focused on the under 6yo set!

I have to say that I love Tarzan Rocks and would be sad to see it go. Gotta love a nice looking guy in a loin cloth! :rotfl:

Worth mentioning that in the recently published book "Disney War" there's a scene in which a group of executives, including Eisner, are working on a Tarzan-based Broadway show to follow Beauty and the Beast and Lion King. I haven't heard if that project is still alive.

I love the Tarzan Rocks show!! The whole thing is so fun and energetic, and the music is wonderful, always makes me think of my son. Whenever he hears You'll Be In My Heart on the radio he says hey it's mama's song for me. I hope they keep it alive, I know lots of people who love it!!

I can't believe no one remembers that awful Jungle Book show that was in that theater before Tarzan Rocks. Please tell me that they're not bringing that one back.

I have to say that I'm also one who has come to love the Tarzan Rocks show, and we usually try to do it on every trip. It's just fun.

Tazan rocks was the only show we've ever walked out of at WDW. It was in 1999 and thought we were going to see something like the Disney movie. Wrong.

I liked the Jungle book show. One of my favorite Disney movies. Didn't like Tarzan, mostly because of Phil Collins appalling music. Why not some sort of African or Asian style show?

dpic said:
Tazan rocks was the only show we've ever walked out of at WDW. It was in 1999 and thought we were going to see something like the Disney movie. Wrong.

Likewise. It is still referred to around here as "Tarzan Sucks".

ford family

The original show in this theater was based on the Jungle Book and from an adult standpoint it was horrible. Tarzan Rocks is a huge, huge improvement over that. Of course, no matter what a new show is based on the quality and acceptability of the new show depends on the creativity of those producing the show. Hopefully what goes there will not be similar to the original Jungle Book show.

I wonder if the timing has something to do with the opening of Everest. Tarzan is very loud and perhaps they felt it could be heard on Everest. Whatever they get, I hope it's quieter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter