Target RedCards

jamiedeann

Earning My Ears
I read on here once upon a time that in December, Target offers an additional 5-10% off for RedCard holders. From what I understand, that's a year-to-year decision.

I'm still new to the RedCard & pharmacy rewards (though with surgery yesterday, I'm quickly learning my way around their pharmacy!). Have any of you heard about this extra savings? I'm trying to stack all my discounts! :)

It's not a Red card or pharmacy bonus. In the past, for 2 weeks in Dec., Target has offered an on-line coupon for a $10 Target gift card with any $50 purchase. People have used them to purchase a $50 disney card, and then saved up 5 of the Target cards to get a 'free' Disney card. You can also use your Red card for 5% savings, and if you have a pharmacy reward, you get another 5%, so it comes out to about a 25-27% savings.

The offer does say 1 per customer, but many ignore that and are able to use multiple coupons. It's up to you and your Target if you feel comfortable doing that.

Nancy

I just saw a preview that said you will get a 20% off coupon if you spend $75 on Black Friday. This 20% must be used in one transaction Dec. 1-7.

It seems to be one could use this 20% with the Target Red card 5% and a 5% pharmacy discount to really rack up a good discount on some Disney entertainment cards. And no need to make 20 copies of the $10 off $50 coupons.

Nancy

Does anyone know how quickly you get your 5% off pharmacy benefit? My pharmacy said it comes in the mail.

I just saw a preview that said you will get a 20% off coupon if you spend $75 on Black Friday. This 20% must be used in one transaction Dec. 1-7.

It seems to be one could use this 20% with the Target Red card 5% and a 5% pharmacy discount to really rack up a good discount on some Disney entertainment cards. And no need to make 20 copies of the $10 off $50 coupons.

Nancy

Ooooh, that will be amazing if it works

It seems to be one could use this 20% with the Target Red card 5% and a 5% pharmacy discount to really rack up a good discount on some Disney entertainment cards.

I saw the same thing and am saving our cash to buy as many Disney cards as possible with that 20% off coupon plus redcard 5%.:cool1:

Hmmm. This could make the cruise that I've been eyeing affordable enough to book. Has anyone ever done such a deal to get like $5000 worth of gift cards and booked using a ton of $50 gift cards purchased at Target? I don't do the pharmacy rewards but with my Red Card and the 20% coupon, my $5000 in cruise fare would actually cost about $3750 if I am understanding this correctly.

Boy would the cashier be hating me for bringing up 100 gift cards to buy! LOL And the poor folks that get in line behind me.

Do gift cards expire? Might get $1000 or $2000 extra to stash away from future trips to the world, too.

Hmmm. This could make the cruise that I've been eyeing affordable enough to book. Has anyone ever done such a deal to get like $5000 worth of gift cards and booked using a ton of $50 gift cards purchased at Target? I don't do the pharmacy rewards but with my Red Card and the 20% coupon, my $5000 in cruise fare would actually cost about $3750 if I am understanding this correctly.

Boy would the cashier be hating me for bringing up 100 gift cards to buy! LOL And the poor folks that get in line behind me.

Do gift cards expire? Might get $1000 or $2000 extra to stash away from future trips to the world, too.

I just paid last month for our cruise using $4000 of disney cards in $50 increments... It took about 2hrs to get them all in... but for $4000 of Disney GC with my pharmacy and redcard I only paid $3610. Totally worth 2 hrs on the phone to call in all the cards! I don't think they have an expiration date!

Hmmm. This could make the cruise that I've been eyeing affordable enough to book. Has anyone ever done such a deal to get like $5000 worth of gift cards and booked using a ton of $50 gift cards purchased at Target? I don't do the pharmacy rewards but with my Red Card and the 20% coupon, my $5000 in cruise fare would actually cost about $3750 if I am understanding this correctly. Boy would the cashier be hating me for bringing up 100 gift cards to buy! LOL And the poor folks that get in line behind me. Do gift cards expire? Might get $1000 or $2000 extra to stash away from future trips to the world, too.
the highest denomination I've seen in store is $50, but yes you can do this to pay over the phone or pay your ta. Target probably won't have $5000 of cards at one time though.

Hmm, I just called Target National Bank. My Red Card limit is $3000, and they do not take customer requests to increase limits. Limit increases are automatic base don computer reviews, she said........ hmmm. I rarely spend more than $100-300 a month at Target, so I am not likely to get the automatic bump up. The cruise I am eyeing will be $5000.

I did not think of it while on the phone with the Target lady ... I wonder if possible to have my credit Red Card changed to a Debit red card? To save $1200 plus bucks on the cruise I'd certainly do that. I pay the balance in full monthly, anyway.

But ... is there a limit on a debit card transaction?? If I basically buy every Disney Gift card the manager can get me to get $5000 for this cruise and maybe $1000 to 4000 more for next World trip(s), plus some regular Xmas shopping .. my bill might be $6000-11 grand! Wow. But well worth it if I I can score 20% off plus 5% off.

The debit red card still gets 5% off, right?

You can open a target debit card completely separate from your credit card. Same benefits and as long as you have the money in your account when you use it you shouldn't have an issue.

Hmm, I just called Target National Bank. My Red Card limit is $3000, and they do not take customer requests to increase limits. Limit increases are automatic base don computer reviews, she said........ hmmm. I rarely spend more than $100-300 a month at Target, so I am not likely to get the automatic bump up. The cruise I am eyeing will be $5000.

I did not think of it while on the phone with the Target lady ... I wonder if possible to have my credit Red Card changed to a Debit red card? To save $1200 plus bucks on the cruise I'd certainly do that. I pay the balance in full monthly, anyway.

But ... is there a limit on a debit card transaction?? If I basically buy every Disney Gift card the manager can get me to get $5000 for this cruise and maybe $1000 to 4000 more for next World trip(s), plus some regular Xmas shopping .. my bill might be $6000-11 grand! Wow. But well worth it if I I can score 20% off plus 5% off.

The debit red card still gets 5% off, right?

You can have both a debit Red card and a credit card. To get a debit card, you have to have a bank account in the same state you live in. There will be a limit on the debit card, but you can't really tell what it is.

I opened my credit card when I had just started a new job and had just moved, so my credit score wasn't as high as it had been and is now. They opened it with a $1000 limit, which was no big deal to me as I usually spend a lot less. When I tried to get it raised for Christmas shopping last year, they wouldn't do it. I have never been so frustrated dealing with a credit department. When I finally spoke to a manager (in English!), it turned out everything the lower people had told (not in English) me was wrong, that they wouldn't consider raising my limit, that they raise people's limits who often max out their cards and that I didn't often max out. This is a Catch 22 as I don't like to use more than 33% of the max value on my card because that can lower your credit score, so I never get close to $1000. What I have been able to do is get a manager to let me charge a bigger purchase on my regular visa and have them give me 5% off. Or, sometimes I buy one thing early in the week for the sale, wait till it posts on my Target account, pay it off and then go and buy the 2nd item. I did that last year with iPads, as I needed 2 and they were over $500.

I think with this deal if you have a $3000 limit, I'd try to get two 20% off coupons on good friday, which would require 2 $75 purchases. Then I'd buy $3000 on Dec. 1, pay off the balance as soon as it posts, and then go buy another $3000.

Nancy

I keep seeing everyone buy the 50.00 gift cards , when I was in my target last week they had the ones that you can put any amount from 15.00 to 500.00 on, my question is do these cards the ones were you pick the amount not work for the 5% off? I was thinking of getting some before we leave in dec for our trip with the Black Friday 20% deal.

I keep seeing everyone buy the 50.00 gift cards , when I was in my target last week they had the ones that you can put any amount from 15.00 to 500.00 on, my question is do these cards the ones were you pick the amount not work for the 5% off? I was thinking of getting some before we leave in dec for our trip with the Black Friday 20% deal.

You'd be the first one to try it. The re-loadable cards do NOT work for the fuel discounts at the grocery stores, but since most of us have never seen those at Target, we don't know.

Great if it does work.

The picture i saw of the coupon says not valid on Gift cards. Will they let you use it for Disney Cards?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter