Target Redcard 5% discount on Disney gift cards???

Thanks for letting us know! Kinda stinks. My last purchase of SWA GC was back in January. Wonder if they'll still honor the 5% off.

After a long hold while she checked with her supervisor she told me there are no discounts for specialty gift cards. I mentioned my previous purchase from 2 weeks ago and she was able to confirm I got the discount then so I will be getting a $20 credit. Yet no factual answer as to why they are no longer offering the 5% off. I am hoping this is just a system glitch. Still need to buy a few more SWA cards.
Glad you got the $20 credit!
I also hope it's just a glitch.

In the last couple days I have tested putting different kinds of specialty cards in my cart at target.com (Southwest, Starbucks, etc) and none of them generate the 5% discount with the Red Card.

I just purchased Disney Gift Cards online on March 30th and DID get the discount then. I wonder if Target discontinued the online 5% discount as of April 1st?

Oh no! I hope they haven't done away with the discount, I really was counting on that savings for our december trip. I can still buy gift cards and get fuel perks but I like the instant 5% savings.

Can you still stack the 5% redcard discount and the 5% Target Pharmacy rewards discount coupon when buying Disney gift cards? I know you used to be able to (I did it), but I'm wondering if you still can.

Can you still stack the 5% redcard discount and the 5% Target Pharmacy rewards discount coupon when buying Disney gift cards? I know you used to be able to (I did it), but I'm wondering if you still can.

Unfortunately they stopped doing that about a year ago.

Also Target.com is completely out of any physical gift cards. email only.

You cannot get the 5% off on email gift cards of any kind.

I wonder if they are trying to get away from the practice of having to ship gift cards. If so this will be an issue for those of us who use the red card trick with target gift cards to buy disney gift cards.

Please be careful when purchasing the Disney cards at Target, both online and in-store.

I bought 8, in-store, over a period of a couple months. When we got to Disney and wanted to apply them to our room charges at check-out, one was invalid. I did not have the receipt and Target would not help at all, even though I'd paid with my Target card and they should have been able to look it up.

I lost $50, which is far greater than the amount I'd saved.

Check other threads that mention the same issues, especially with online purchases.

If you have a Target card already, that's worth looking into, but you would save more money over the long-haul getting the Disney Visa and using that for everything and paying it off frequently. We got it a couple of months ago and started doing that and have $81 already!
Since when does Disney Visa give 5% back? Mine gives 1% back and isn't the paid version 2%, last time I checked 1%/2% is less than 5%.

Saw an advertisement for one earlier this week at Sam's. Was 3x$50 cards with the 5% discount.

Okay, I got to the bottom of this guys! Disney gift cards at Target are considered "entertainment cards" and different from other gift cards and therefore you can use the 5% discount on it!

Welcome to the party!

Oh no! I hope they haven't done away with the discount, I really was counting on that savings for our december trip. I can still buy gift cards and get fuel perks but I like the instant 5% savings.
I just bought in-store today and the 5% worked. Phew for now.

I just bought $1500 this weekend and saved $75. Unfortunately they were all $50 and I had to call them in because the website was not taking them (they were updating she said). I had a really nice girl who took all 30 of them at once. I bought $1000 at Kroger (2 $500) and got 4000 gas points too.

Quick question. My wife won a $1000 disney "store" gift card. Know these are different from the disney gift cards. Now can I purchase disney gift cards from the disney store and Florida resident tickets(yes I live in Florida)

I bought mine on the Sam's Club website for a little under 5% off using my Southwest Chase credit card to also get some Rapid Rewards out of the deal.

I just bought Disney GCs along with Dunkin Donuts, I-Tunes, Chik Fil A & a bunch of other GCs using my red card & got the 5% off with no problems at the store.

Quick question. My wife won a $1000 disney "store" gift card. Know these are different from the disney gift cards. Now can I purchase disney gift cards from the disney store and Florida resident tickets(yes I live in Florida)
You won't be able to use them to buy gift cards. I don't know about tickets, but I doubt it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter