Target red card question

If I purchase a Disney gift card with my red "credit" card, do I still get the 5% off?
Yep! Also, they usually only have the $50 cards at the registers and online, but if you look in the back of the store where other gift cards are located, you may be able to find some $100 cards. :)

The Target by my house said they stopped it recently and would not allow it. I asked several people. I have since cancelled my card so haven't tried it. It did work last year when I bought them.

I just bought some Disney gift cards at Target online. Got the 5% off using Target Redcard for payment :)

The Target by my house said they stopped it recently and would not allow it. I asked several people. I have since cancelled my card so haven't tried it. It did work last year when I bought them.
Pretty sure you got bad information. It comes off automatically. It's also still very much working on the website. Target employees seem not to have a clue what the policies are.

Why were you asking them? It happens automatically when you swipe your card. There's nothing for them to "allow."

Also, if you asked them about gift cards, the official policy is that the 5% discount does not apply, but thankfully the Disney gift cards are coded as "Entertainment" cards. Unless they changed the way it is coded in the registers. I will have to check since I will be buying some in the next couple of weeks.

Pretty sure you got bad information. It comes off automatically. It's also still very much working on the website. Target employees seem not to have a clue what the policies are.
Not related to the red card, but I went to the store to buy a Disney card with a Target gift card when they were out of stock online, which is absolutely allowed. I do it all the time, just usually online. The cashier gave me a big stink, and I finally asked her to please just try it. It worked perfectly, of course. Yeesh.

Also, if you asked them about gift cards, the official policy is that the 5% discount does not apply, but thankfully the Disney gift cards are coded as "Entertainment" cards. Unless they changed the way it is coded in the registers. I will have to check since I will be buying some in the next couple of weeks.

I think where the confusion comes in is that you can not buy Target GS's (or Visa etc.) and get 5% off and they employees assume that goes for all gift cards, or that's what they are being told but the higher ups.

Not related to the red card, but I went to the store to buy a Disney card with a Target gift card when they were out of stock online, which is absolutely allowed. I do it all the time, just usually online. The cashier gave me a big stink, and I finally asked her to please just try it. It worked perfectly, of course. Yeesh.

I don't know why any cashier would give you a stink about it (and by you I don't mean you specifically, there are lots of stories about cashiers making a stink about it) . You are using the Red card as a form of payment. Say milk was not included in the discount, you can still used the Red Card to buy it. What's it to them if the discount works or not? Not like it come out of their pay check if you get the discount and are not entitled to it. Best way is to not say anything to them. If they say it won't work, smile say OK and let them ring it through. Let them be surprised at the end. I have had a couple employees tell me they are going to buy the GC's for their trip once they realize it works.

Can I get an etra 5% off disney gift cards by also using a target pharmacy rewards card along with my red card??

Can I get an etra 5% off disney gift cards by also using a target pharmacy rewards card along with my red card??
No. The Pharma5 cannot be applied to ANY gift card purchase, even if they are classified as "entertainment" cards, as some people claim.

Was the Target GC the ones you get with purchase? I have been saving those in hopes of using them to buying Disney cards.

Was the Target GC the ones you get with purchase? I have been saving those in hopes of using them to buying Disney cards.
It shouldn't matter how you acquired the GC - incentive with purchase, buying through a discount website or earning from a rewards program - they're all the same as far as the restrictions that are placed on them.

You might fare better if you use the Target app to combine all of those GCs into one big GC to make your Disney GC purchase. Using a pile of $5-$10 GCs could draw negative attention from the cashier.

On Saturday I bought $150 worth of Disney GC's from Target. I used a $100 Target Gift Card I received from credit card points. You can absolutely not only still get 5% off of Disney Cards with a Red Card but you can also use a Target Gift Card to purchase them. However, I have noticed if you do a split purchase, you will only receive the 5% off of the part actually purchased with the Red Card - meaning I only received $2.50 off instead of $7.50.

On Saturday I bought $150 worth of Disney GC's from Target. I used a $100 Target Gift Card I received from credit card points. You can absolutely not only still get 5% off of Disney Cards with a Red Card but you can also use a Target Gift Card to purchase them. However, I have noticed if you do a split purchase, you will only receive the 5% off of the part actually purchased with the Red Card - meaning I only received $2.50 off instead of $7.50.
That's the way it has always been. You only get 5% off the amount that you actually pay using the REDCard when making your purchase in stores. That would be true if you're buying Disney GCs or toothpaste.

If you make your purchase on Target .com, you get 5% off the entire purchase price (even if you use Target GCs to pay for the entire amount) as long as you have the REDCard as your default method of payment and then switch payment to using the GC.

Very true - just added that in case anyone didn't know. I will say I was purchasing online until I read too many horror stories about Target not activating online gift card purchases and then having a nightmare of a time trying to get the situation rectified. Make sure to check those gift cards against the Disney gift card website if you order online - the stores apparently can't fix them even if you have the invoice from shipping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter