Target mobile won't let me add any new GC's

kalishea

Mouseketeer
Hi, I was wondering if anyone else was having trouble adding Target gift cards to their account using m.target.com? I got a new gift card yesterday and there is no longer an option to Add New Card or even Combine Gift Cards. The only options I have now is Give a Gift Card or Delete Gift Card. Please help! I have a lot of little gift cards to combine into one. Or, if you know another way to do this besides m.target.com, that would be helpful! Thanks!

It's a known problem that came about with the last app update. I wouldn't expect it to be resolved until later in the week at the earliest.

This is a Target response to the problem on their FB page:
10996500_10155541217740307_2859000442018887764_n.jpg

Last edited:
It's a known problem that came about with the last app update. I wouldn't expect it to be resolved until later in the week at the earliest.

This is a Target response to the problem on their FB page:
10996500_10155541217740307_2859000442018887764_n.jpg
Image is broke

Image is broke
Hmmm...I see it even when I log out or use different browsers. I'll try another device to see if it's cached on my laptop.

ETA: I still see it on a separate computer. Not sure why you cannot view it, but the gist of the Target post was that creating new GC accounts and adding new GCs to an existing account have been disabled. They expect those functions to be disabled "through next week 5/29".

Last edited:
Yeah, I had a terrible time over the weekend. I was finally able to get it to work by doing a "Give a Gift Card" thing on the mobile app using the gift card and access number from the Perk Award Notice to pay, and pretending to send it to my own cell phone number. Then after it had processed and sent, I logged back into my mobile Target account and selected the option to cancel the gift card I'd just sent. Then it ended back up listed in my account under "My Gift Cards" just like the old way.

I was also able to combine all the cards then using that method. Buy, use gift cards to pay, cancel.

I have a target account (through my email) and I have the target app. But I do not have the giftcard account (it looks like you create this with your phone number). I have searched high and low on how to create this account (with phone number and pin). Any tips on how to create it?

Glad it looks like this is only temporary. I have a bunch of Target gift cards that I am planning to buy soon so that I can take advantage of the 7-8% discounts. I'm sure that once the money hits my checking account, the discounts will be back to 2-4%:guilty:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter