Target Disney gift cards

Piggyback question - if there is money returned to a Disney gift card, do they expire? I wouldn't be cruising for another 2y after the first so id hate to lose $$ Can you use rhem in a Disney Store?

No expiration. Good at WDW, DL, DCL, Disney Store locations in the US, and DisneyStore.com :)

You just can't use them to purchase more Disney Gift Cards or Disney Dollars.

Just as an FYI. When were were on the Magic they could not add any OBC until they left port! That was the first stop for us and we had to wait till after dinner.

I have purchased 180 $50 GC from Target over the course of 4 months and my TA had no issue submitting them all for me (I was paying for a total of 5 cabins)
Target has saved me $450 on this trip

Yes. That is exactly how it works. I work for Target, so get my employee discount first (10%) then my redcard discount. $100 becomes $85.50. It's awesome. Although they only sell $25 and $50 increments so $100 would actually be 2 cards.

Can you use your employee discount online? (My mom works at Target, so I'm trying to figure this out.)

lorrie322 said:
Can you use your employee discount online? (My mom works at Target, so I'm trying to figure this out.)

Yes. You just put your TM number in where it asks at checkout. It will apply the 10%.

We all like the Target deal at 5% but don't forget that you could get the Pharmacy reward for another 5%.

For me in NJ, that extra 5% is not an option (not valid in NJ). So Target is NOT that great of a deal. For me it is:

* Purchase a WalMart GC using my Disney Visa Rewards Premier for 2% back in rewards
* Purchase a Disney GC at Sams Club using the WalMart GC at 7% off
* Or wait and hope for Target to come out with the $10 Target GC with a $50 purchase coupon like they did on December for the last two years.

I believe Costco also sells Disney GCs for a discount. If you combine that with Amex rewards or whatever, it might be worth it too.

Don't forget that you can get an additional 5% off at Target with your Target Pharmacy Rewards certificate (fill 5 Rx and get a coupon worth additional 5% off all purcahses made 1 day). Netting $45.125 per $50 card. I usually buy 60-65 cards at a time. I usually take my stack of Disney gift cards to the customer service desk. I have them scan them in groups of 10 so that my cards/receipts are in manageable groups in case I have issues later on...

The first time I bought them, they were surprized when the cards automatically rang-up the discounts when she scanned my Rx coupon & swiped my Target Red card. Even though the cashiers might think the 5% won't apply, it will work. The cashiers are just assuming that Disney gift cards fall under the standard policy disclaimer that says that gift cards are not eligible for the 5% off...as previous posters have mentioned, for some reason Disney gift cards are considered "entertainment" cards and not "cash" cards so the discount applies. :cool1:

Interesting! I have to use mail order for recurring rx, but this is good for one-offs!

Do I do anything to sign up, or is it automatic?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter