Target / Disney Gift Cards

Can you use a Target gift card to purchase a Disney gift card???

Absolutely. At least this was the case up to last December. Just look for a young cashier. Hand the GC, then hand the Target GC for payment.

Disney GCs are considered merchandise and hence a Target GC is a valid method of payment.

Waiting for Dec to see if they bring back the $10 GC with $50 purchase. That made Disney GC at 20% off. I purchased about $700 worth of Disney GC but others paid a whole cruise like that.

If you use the Target Red card, you get 5% off. If you have the Target Pharmacy offer, that's another 5% off. If you use your Disney Visa Premier, call them to verify your Target store is considered grocery and then it would be 2% back in points.

The "December deal" (for lack of a better term) - is that a $10 Target gift card with a $50 purchase? Or a $10 Disney card when you purchase a Disney card? (Hope that makes sense!)

The "December deal" (for lack of a better term) - is that a $10 Target gift card with a $50 purchase? Or a $10 Disney card when you purchase a Disney card? (Hope that makes sense!)

They are a coupon to receive a $10 target gift card when you spend $50, so if you buy a $50 disney gc and use your red card, you'll pay $47.50 plus get the $10 target card. If you do this 5 times, you can use five $10 target cards and get a free disney card. For $237.50, you'll get $300 in Disney cards.

Nancy

This is intriguing to me! So do you have to do them in separate transactions? Or all one?

This is intriguing to me! So do you have to do them in separate transactions? Or all one?

At my Target I had to do individual transactions so I went when they weren't busy. I bought enough this way to pay for our entire 7 night Fantasy cruise minus the deposit I had already paid. I saved enough to cover our airfare.

Other people had reported being able to do 4 or 5 in one transaction. It probably depends on your individual store.

We just bought 10 cards tonight, saved 5% with redcard...getting another 10 next weekend, and we cruise the following weekend.

No telling how long they'll keep allowing the % off on gift cards, but no sense in not doing it for as long as possible!

At my Target I had to do individual transactions so I went when they weren't busy. I bought enough this way to pay for our entire 7 night Fantasy cruise minus the deposit I had already paid. I saved enough to cover our airfare.

Other people had reported being able to do 4 or 5 in one transaction. It probably depends on your individual store.

Now that's odd, I did all 10 at once.

You can buy as many as you want in one transaction, I was talking about using the Facebook coupon.

Two years ago, the system allowed you to purchase up to four per transaction, but it also allowed Target gift cards. It was rampant abuse.

Last year, target gift cards where no longer allowed, but you could still do four at a time.

Anyway, who knows what will happen, and if it will happen this year.

Facebook coupon?

What is this sorcery you speak of? :badpc:

The coupon that people were posting about a few posts up from this came from Facebook. After you "liked" their page you could access a coupon for a $10 gc after you spent $50. You could print as many as you wanted and use it in conjunction with the Red Card discount. So you could use 5 of them to buy 5 Disney $50 cards at $47.50 each and use the 5 gift cards to buy one more Disney card. It came out to $300 worth of Disney cards for $237.50.

erocrobro said:
The coupon that people were posting about a few posts up from this came from Facebook. After you "liked" their page you could access a coupon for a $10 gc after you spent $50. You could print as many as you wanted and use it in conjunction with the Red Card discount. So you could use 5 of them to buy 5 Disney $50 cards at $47.50 each and use the 5 gift cards to buy one more Disney card. It came out to $300 worth of Disney cards for $237.50.

Amazing!

The last time I was at Target they did not allow you to purchase any gift cards with a Target gift card. :-( We have Giant Eagle grocery stores here in Ohio. At different times they do 20 cent fuel perks for every $50 u spend in gift cards. After we pay for our entire cruise plus spending money We will have gotten about $800 in free gas. :-)

The last time I was at Target they did not allow you to purchase any gift cards with a Target gift card. :-( We have Giant Eagle grocery stores here in Ohio. At different times they do 20 cent fuel perks for every $50 u spend in gift cards. After we pay for our entire cruise plus spending money We will have gotten about $800 in free gas. :-)

I think, maybe, each Target manager plays the game with his/her own interpretation of the rules. My MIL wasn't able to purchase Disney gift cards with her Red Card, but we always have. :confused3

AFAIK, the general rule for Target is that the Disney Gift Cards are "entertainment" cards (much like the ones for movie theatres) and so count as "merchandise" not a gift card. And, as thus, should be able to get the 5% discount.

I would try again. You can use Target gift cards to buy entertainment cards. You also get the 5% discount with a red card. You cannot however get 5% off the gift card portion of your payment. Do not ask just go through the line. Sadly there are team members that do not know.

Saw on target.com today an ad for 9/30 cyber monday - $10 gift card for every $75 you buy. not quite as good as two years ago, but in time for my 10/12 cruise! Just thought i would share.

Saw on target.com today an ad for 9/30 cyber monday - $10 gift card for every $75 you buy. not quite as good as two years ago, but in time for my 10/12 cruise! Just thought i would share.

This is good, but since it is only online, you will have to buy the cards 2 at a time. If you use your Red Card, you will essentially get $100 of Disney cards for a net of $85.

t

Time wise, you might be cutting it close. You'll get the Disney cards you purchase in the mail, but will have to take the Target cards to a Target to get more Disney cards.

Nancy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter