Target Brand Diaper Change

bootleg89

Mouseketeer
I just had to share.
My DD19 months has extremely sensitive skin. Always has since she was born. I have 2 types of perscription ointment on hand at all times to treat her not so uncommom rashes.
The only diaper I could use when she was lil' was Pampers. When she turned 1 I decided to give the target brand a try. To my surprise she did fine on them. Was I jumping up and down thinking of all the money that would be saved.
Well, the last time that she needed diapers I had to wait almost a week to buy them becuase both my local targets were all out. I thought it was so weird, luckily I don't wait until the last minute before stocking up.
Finally when I was able to pick some up, I noticed she had a rash on her inner thigh right where the elastic part of the diaper is. I figured maybe I put it on too tight. Put med on it and it went away. In the last 2 weeks that I've been using them she keeps getting rashes there. So I'm thinking she needs a bigger size already.
Yesturday, I notice she has a rash near her belly button, by the top of the diaper. Now I'm thinking it definately cannot be the size.
I decide to call the 1-800 # on the box. After 20 minutes on the phone explaining the situation the lady finally puts me on hold to try to find out if anything was changed in the diaper. Turns out that of all the Target products that became Up And Up, the diapers were the only ones that had a change in the way they were made.
So here I am now having to go back to buy the expansive Pampers.
Just thought I'd share in case any one else is going through the same thing with the diapers and not realizing why.

They also recently started putting less in the packs. DD is only 8 weeks old. We haven't had any problems with diapers and rashes yet. Really hoping we don't. I just bought a whole bunch of the Babies R Us brand. They had the big boxes on sale last weekend 2 for $35. We bought size one and two and got 362 diapers for that price. It comes to around 9.5 cents per diaper. The sale is running thru Saturday, February 6th.

My son had the same issue. He would get the most horrible rashes, to the point that I actually clothed diapered him for about 6 months before trying disposables again. Have you tried Luvs? He has been rash free since we switched to luvs, and they aren't as expensive as Pampers.

If you have a Publix grocery store around you, their store brand diapers work well for my sensitive skinned son. They are much less than Pampers or Huggies too!

Thank you for posting this! My DS has the same issues and use pampers and were going to try Target brand now that he is almost 2. Guess we're staying with the more expensive ones.

Ugh, that really sucks! :-( I second trying Luvs. DS would get rashes and we haven't had any since switching to Luvs.

I use the new Target brand "Up and Up" diapers (and Luvs depending on the sale I find). I've never had a rash issue with the Target ones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter