Target 20% off coupon

It worked for us-praise God! We just walked in Saturday and went straight to the customer service desk and we actually got a manager that called us up next- I asked him if he could give us the discount on the entertainment cards...that some of my friends from other states have gotten it and some have not - but it would be a huge blessing if he could approve it for us...so he thought about it and said YES! Saved $400!

Didn't work for us. Manager would absolutely not override ANY discount for the Disney cards, including my 5% pharmacy, which usually works. So, I had them take the $3000 in gift cards off the receipt and just bought my gifts and groceries.
Bummed, but at least I tried!

I don't understand. The 5% pharmacy discount isn't one they have to override, it just happens when they scan it.

Didn't work for us. Manager would absolutely not override ANY discount for the Disney cards, including my 5% pharmacy, which usually works. So, I had them take the $3000 in gift cards off the receipt and just bought my gifts and groceries.
Bummed, but at least I tried!

Are you saying that the pharmacy rewards 5% coupon doesn't work on Disney cards anymore?

Are you saying that the pharmacy rewards 5% coupon doesn't work on Disney cards anymore?

OMG! I need to know this too as I just received another Rx 5% coupon and was going to get a bunch more. I'm thinking/hoping it was just a case of the employee not scanning the coupon? If it's scanned, the extra 5% should come off automatically. :confused3

Heather

I have heard at times Sams club will sell them but have not seen any.

Our local Sam's Club in Santa Clarita sells them. I believe it was $150 in cards for $143 and some change. I don't remember the exact price, but I remember the quick math had me thinking they were about the same price as the Target with the regular 5% discount.

OMG! I need to know this too as I just received another Rx 5% coupon and was going to get a bunch more. I'm thinking/hoping it was just a case of the employee not scanning the coupon? If it's scanned, the extra 5% should come off automatically. :confused3

Heather

The RedCard 5% and the Rx 5% coupon still work fine. I bought some the other day no issue.

The RedCard 5% and the Rx 5% coupon still work fine. I bought some the other day no issue.

How long ago was "the other day?" Scrapbookmomma74's post that it didn't work is dated early this morning, but I'd assume her experience was from Saturday due to the coupon expiration.

If you shop at Kroger the 4x points on gift cards is the best deal I can find - 1,000 point = over $1 off gallon off gas & $500 disney card = 2,000 points. I have heard at times Sams club will sell them but have not seen any.

We love this promo! If you do the math, it works out to a 14% discount on your gift cards (if you get the max 35 gallons per fillup). Lately, I've been buying Target gift cards during the Kroger promo and taking them to Target to purchase Disney gift cards using my pharmacy 5% coupon. Works out to over 20% off.

Jodie

pillow said:
We love this promo! If you do the math, it works out to a 14% discount on your gift cards (if you get the max 35 gallons per fillup). Lately, I've been buying Target gift cards during the Kroger promo and taking them to Target to purchase Disney gift cards using my pharmacy 5% coupon. Works out to over 20% off.

Jodie

That's what I do too!

Wish I had a Kroger to go to!

I just can't imagine doing all that work for gas! My car takes ~14 gallons per fill up, so in order to max out I'd have to do what others suggest and get four 5 gallon jugs, store those in my garage, fill up the tank, and then judge when I need gas again and buy the gift cards for just enough gas before the promo expires.

The gas stations associated with Winn-Dixie (the store that has this deal here) are about 10 cents more per gallon than I usually pay at BJ's, so I'd have to figure that in too.

No way am I doing all that - as you know I'd run out of gas at some point thinking I have gas at home in the jugs so not stop for gas...

Nancy

neg58 said:
I just can't imagine doing all that work for gas! My car takes ~14 gallons per fill up, so in order to max out I'd have to do what others suggest and get four 5 gallon jugs, store those in my garage, fill up the tank, and then judge when I need gas again and buy the gift cards for just enough gas before the promo expires.

The gas stations associated with Winn-Dixie (the store that has this deal here) are about 10 cents more per gallon than I usually pay at BJ's, so I'd have to figure that in too.

No way am I doing all that - as you know I'd run out of gas at some point thinking I have gas at home in the jugs so not stop for gas...

Nancy

Nope, doesn't sound like it would work for you.

My car tops at 12 gallons so no go here, but Im on the west coast so I dont think we have the deal anyway.

FYI, my Amex Blue Cash does not give me the increased percentage on grocery purchases when I buy Disney Gift Cards at Kroger.

Better late than never . . . I finally got around to double checking this today on some specific gift card purchases. I am definitely getting the 6% back when I buy gift cards @ Kroger. I have the Amex Blue Preferred card, which I believe is different than the Amex Blue Cash???

Jodie

I just tried again with my Blue Cash. I'm waiting for the transaction to post so I can check.

I just tried again with my Blue Cash. I'm waiting for the transaction to post so I can check.

There is a bit of a lag. You won't see it when the transaction posts. I don't think you get the cash back until you pay your statement bill. I did double check, and the Blue Cash should get 3% back. The Preferred card gets 6%. I use up my $6K limit pretty quickly on my Preferred card (I do my normal shopping at Kroger and also purchase the gift cards there). So, I just applied for the Blue Cash to use once my $6K is used up on the Preferred. In terms of grocery savings, those 2 cards seem to be the best out there. The fee for the Preferred card is more than paid for by the gas/grocery cash back.

Jodie

It looks like I have to wait until May when my billing cycle resets. I have the old Blue Cash card that's unlimited 5% at grocery, gas, and drugstore after you spend 6k per year (unfortunately doesn't take long for our family).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter