• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Target 20% off coupon

It does seem too good to be true, but I plan on trying it too in case it does work. I have three upcoming cruises in 2014 and it would be awesome to get gift cards at this discount level.

Be aware that with a new debit red card there is a limit. I was only allowed to do about $250 per day. As you use it and spend more they increase it, but if you are planning to buy a lot of gift cards, don't be surprised if you can't...

I bought $1200 in Disney gift cards with my brand new Red debit card in June before our trip to WDW. They had to break it up into several transactions but it can be done.

I bought $1200 in Disney gift cards with my brand new Red debit card in June before our trip to WDW. They had to break it up into several transactions but it can be done.

Problem is if you only have one 20% off coupon, you can only use it once. It is one purchase, not one day like the pharmacy coupon.

Nancy

buckeyemom16 said:

That's awesome it worked for you. I don't know if it has to do with the bank you bank with or how it works, but I was not able to do more than $250 for many transactions. Sometimes I couldn't do any of I had a couple pending, it takes about 3 days to go through my bank.

I frequently buy iTunes cards as well as Disney gift cards at Target combining both my red card 5% and my pharmacy rewards card 5%. Hoping to be able to do the same thing on black friday picking up another 2 $50 Disney gift cards and then getting the 20% coupon.

I'm going in with an open mind to this. My gut tells me the 20% off coupons will not work (I think they'll block them in the system somehow like they do the 10% movers coupons that also don't work on the cards) - but I'd LOVE for them to work and between myself and my friend also helping me, I'll save a nice bunch. I don't want to be so disappointed if they don't so again, I'm assuming the coupon won't work and if it does - awesome and yahoo!! :banana:

I'm also making sure I'm not spending a TON more than I usually do so it doesn't throw any flags. I have the Red Debit card and I've easily done $1500 a few times a year when I've earned the Rx 5% off coupons. I had no issues at all and I use my Target Red card at least once a week. I think once people started getting denied and managers come over, they look at the coupon and then tell the cashier it's not good on "gift cards" is when the issues might happen. But - that's just my opinion :)

FINGERS CROSSED!! :thumbsup2

Heather

Yeah, I read the fine print too and just am not sure. It does specifically say no gift cards but then again, the Disney cards are considered entertainment cards. So who knows. I think I'll wait to see if anyone has success on December 1st and then stop and do it on December 2nd if it works.

Problem is if you only have one 20% off coupon, you can only use it once. It is one purchase, not one day like the pharmacy coupon. Nancy

Good point. I was able to get the majority of my purchase rang up in one transaction (I'm thinking $800) so I would be happy with the additional 20% off that.

That's awesome it worked for you. I don't know if it has to do with the bank you bank with or how it works, but I was not able to do more than $250 for many transactions. Sometimes I couldn't do any of I had a couple pending, it takes about 3 days to go through my bank.

I think it does vary bank to bank. We've had a checking account with this bank forever and it seems like they've changed the daily limit/per transaction limit several times, probably to keep up with customer demands!

Now I am really wondering what my bank allows for this kind of transaction??? $300 went through without any issues, but that is a very small drop in the bucket (how much I really need). I agree with a pp...go in expecting 5 or 10% if you have a pharmacy reward and be pleasantly surprised if the 20% works. Can you imagine the people cheering if it does work. It will be awesome!!

It will be interesting to see if this works. I will definitely buy some items on Black Friday and try it, why not nothing to lose. However, we just purchased $900 in gift cards with a Target card to save 5% for our cruise on 11/2. I just looked at the cards at it cleary says Disney Gift Card so fingers crossed but not holding my breath.

I'm going to Disneyland on Dec 1st, so I've decided it's cutting it too close to try to buy them that morning on our drive down the state. Good luck, I hope it does work ... but all the scans say no gift cards, so it seems iffy. I agree though that it does work with the 5% savings for sure.

Disney gift cards are programmed as entertainment cards in the Target system which is why the 5% Red Card and Pharmacy Rewards work on them. The BF coupon says no gift cards or iTunes cards which makes me think there may be a chance Disney cards will work. (Fingers crossed!)

Yep, I'll be there to try this too. I hope it works. I'd love to get $1000 in gift cards for $760!

The problem is going to be having stock of the Disney GC. I plan on doing about $1K.

Does the $75 purchase have to be made on Black Friday only? Does it have to be in stores or may it be online as well?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter