• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Taping "The West Wing" while at my BWV home!?!

JulieWent

DIS Veteran
Okay, this is silly, but I thought I'd ask. Have you ever used the vcr in the villas to record a program? Is it fairly easy to use? (And does Disney even allow NBC onsite at WDW?)
Sorry so silly, but we're getting down to the nitty-gritty of what to take. DH wants to know if we should take a blank tape to record West Wing. (Yes, we could set our VCR here at home to tape it, but since DS is 5 we'll have some early evenings while down there.)

We brought a tape with us last time we went "home". I don't remember what it was we needed to tape, but at the time I know it was very important! We did have a little trouble figuring out the VCR, but we called maintenance and someone came right up to help us out. We set the VCR, went out for the evening, and had the tape to watch the next morning. The TV's get all 3 of the regular network stations, plus other stuff. I think its much better to bring the tape then to have to miss one of these last few West Wings, or give up a night at the parks. Have a great trip.;)

:jester: I thought we were the only people that took blank tapes on vacation. Of course, we must tape all current sports events.....can't miss a one.....no matter what language or what team......

We brought a blank tape with us for our stay at OKW last December after reading a tip from someone about how they got in the Disney spirit when they couldn't be there by playing the tape they had made of the resort information channel...we taped all 4 channels thru their entire loop, and put it in to get in a 'zip-a-dee-do-dah' mood anytime!
The TVs do get all the local Orlando channels, as well as some (mainly Disney-owned) cable channels. Onlt 1-bedrooms and up have VCR's; the studios don't.

Yes, we did tape all the disney promo's...we are taking my son, wife, and two grandsons to OKW in Oct. They keep playing that tape over and over. My d-i-law has never been.....it was a great way to get her in the spirit.

Yes, we taped NYPD Blue on our last trip in Jan. It was the start of their new season and we did not want to miss it. We watched the next morning while eating breakfast. We also tape some of the Disney promos that they have on DVC and the parks. We watch them the rest of the year and make all of our friends watch them.

I can't believe you guys. This is a true disney fanatic when you go to disney and tape all the promo and infomercials. WHat a wonderful idea and we have 76 days to go and guess what I'm taking?????

GREAT IDEA

:earseek:

And I thought my packing list covered everything! Great idea!! I can't wait to tape the commercials! ;)
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I think taping the info channels is a great idea! However, I think my other half will have me committed if I try!:jester:

Thanks for the "zipp-a-dee-doo-dah - - tip for today!"

I never thought of taping those channels. I'm definitely bringing tapes down with us in November!!!! What a cool idea!

:pinkbounc

One more thing to worry about. How many blank tapes should we pack to be sure we can tape anything important that comes up while we're at WDW? I don't even what to go there.

Ralph

I actually use the VCR the other way, I'll tape my episodes of West Wing and Ally McBeal and a couple of other shows and bring several tapes of movies I've missed and favorite shows I haven't had a chance to see, and while relaxing on vacation in the evening at Vero Beach, watch some of my shows.

Of course, there's also the little TV/VCR that works in the car available for the Kids to watch. The earphone option is great for a little TV while they are taking naps, or for some entertainment up late and night when they are all asleep. Two tapes is 12 hours of shows. Quality time deserves quality shows. If I'm going to take a break to watch TV, I try to make sure it is really good TV I like, hense my taped shows.

Probably a suggestion more for the beach than the world. But then our vacations are 1/2 Vero, 1/2 boardwalk.

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter