• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Taping the WDW parade???

kritter

<font color=deeppink>I need a Disney FIX!!<br><fon
Anyone ever been there for the taping of the christmas day parade?? And if so did you see Regis and Kelly???

We went last year from 12-4-04 - 12-10-04. On the 4th they were taping. We avoided MK as it would have been very busy. It would be cool to go and to be possibly on tv.

so cool hope other post to this as well....

We were there 12/3 this year and they were taping. It was crazy but fun!

We did see Regis and Kelly from a distance..

IMG_1843.jpg

They were taping both 12/3 and 12/4 (Wayne Brady and Kimberly Locke in front of the castle) and I think another day or two that we missed. We stood in Frontierland while the parade was waiting to go down Main Street for the taping. We watched as the toy soldiers just stopped and waitied and milled around before they were able to go down the street. It was sort of odd since it was a parade but not really since they kept stopping and the music would go off. On Main Street the director would be talking over the PA system telling everyone to cheer or smile or whatever. Lots of waiting in between shots! We stayed out of they mayhem and I doubt we'll be on unless we didn't see cameras somewhere. It was f un to watch though!

oh that is a cool picture...
I just went to a taping of their show well it was live actually...Love them...

i am hoping others will psot pictures as well..
where were they stationed while they were taping in front of the castle???

I was there.. no pics of them though. Got cool pics of the Cheetah girls and Ali & AJ? They hung out with us for a few minutes as we were right where they came off of the floats for the parade. The Cheetah girls are SOOOOOOO nice and sweet.

We saw Regis and Kelly, they were in the town center circle area in front of the train station where the flag is, where characters usually are. Regis kept standing up and waving and chatted with the crowd a number of times. Not sure about Kelly though but I think she's supposed to be pretty nice in person.

We were there for Kimberly Locke and Wayne Brady singing "A Dream is a wish your heart makes" A group of us were pulled aside on the walkway to the castle. ABC had Wayne and Kimberly stand in front of our group and wave at the camera while we clapped and cheered. I think this was done for their intro, we were told it would be on TV....we'll see. We also met a boy band that Wayne Brady is promoting called "brothers" They were standing next to us and Wayne came down to talk to them.... :goodvibes

On our last day this year, Dec 2, we got to watch John Hurley do 'Be Our Guest' with the cast of the Beauty and the Beast show from a bench nearby but when they announced that Vanessa Williams would be up next to sing "Hark the Harold", we got even closer. I'm in the crowd in front of the stage and watched her sing it 3 times before we left for the day.

If I have time, I'll post a picture.

In 2003, we saw the taping of the parade but only walked by it all and didn't stop. We saw Regis and Kelly.

Merry Christmas!

Regis and Kelly were sitting where the Christmas tree usually is this time of year -- right in front of the train station. Wayne Brady and Kimberly Locke where on the same stage as the Cindererellabration show.

IMG_1902.jpg

I was there for 12/2 for the morning taping. I stood in one place for about 3 1/2 hours and was in the crowd in front of the Castle for Brian Setzer's set. It was fun but tiring. Got there at 8 a.m. and left around noonish...feet and back were killing me.

Oh i love it ....Regis and Kelly were so nice when I saw them on the set of their show...
Would love to see some pictures if anyone has time topost them...thanks....

I agree I want to see more as well.....

Was at Disneyland for there part of the parade taping Dec 7 , 2 segment one with Fantasia Barino (sp) of american Idol fame and Dianne Kroll got Free Golden Mickey Ears and Free Santa Mickey hat was in the second row in the fron they had us Clap with the Music and did it about 3-or 4 times each to I whish you a merry Christmas.
Mike

We sat right in front of Kelly and her husband and kids on two rides at Epcot on Sunday Dec. 4. They were walking around the park all morning until about 1 pm. No one seemed to recognize them or to bother them. We sat beside them on another ride. I think they were following us! We didn't take pictures or talk to them although they knew we recognized them. Mark winked at me a couple of times! He's really good looking. He fell asleep on the energy ride. My DD was with us and as she works with celebrities all the time we knew how they hate being hassled so we left them alone. It was fun to watch them running around without being recognized!

I went to the taping on Friday morning. We were herded to the castle stage and stood there for about an hour and 45 minutes before the first performers came out. I have to say, it was really boring. Finally, the Brian Setzer Orchestra came out and they did take after take. My dd had to go potty, so we left and decided not to go back, so we watched from a distance. We were hoping to see John O'Hurley, but he never did come on until way later in the day. It was an experience, but it kind of ruined the magic for me. I would rather just watch it on TV without hearing the same song segments 10 times. I would have liked to see the actual parade being taped too, not just the performances. Oh well, there's always next time!

Also, we weren't supposed to take pictures. They said it would be strictly enforced, but it wasn't. So, there should be some more people out there with pics!

i was at WDW for the 2005 taping well not there there i was in Epcot and that night we rode the ride in Mexico and who is in the boat in front of us KELLY RIPA! I was like all star struck i yelled it to "OMG ITS KELLY RIPA!!!" she was with all of her kids and her husband but she was out of there faster than we could get out :teeth: then we saw her leaving the Mexico building actually running really fast i might add out of there didn't get a picture though darn it! Then the next day Sunday i think it was the 4th i was with my aunt somewhere in MK and my mom,dad,bro,grandparents were on the side when they shot Cinderellabration with Wayne Brady and Kimberly Locke(sp?) i however was on the opposite side of the park not knowing what was going on well we passed it but they weren't out but the other half of my family saw them and took pictures it was funny because my mom said they did it about a hundred times too :rolleyes: anyway those are my star struck stories lol

pic of wayne brady and kimberely locke in front of the castle my dad took it
100_0334.jpg

I am watching the parade now!! Oh how I wish I was there!! There was a shot of a little boy dressed as Mickey Mouse dancing with a little girl dressed as Cinderella!! It was so adorable!! The kids are all so cute!!
Merry Christmas!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter