• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Taping of Christmas Parade now November 10-13???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if the afternoon parade will still happen on these days? The 10th is currently our MK day but I may try to move things around if the Festival of Fantasy parade isn't happening on taping days. Thanks!

Agreed! If you want a crowd-free vacation - or a vacation where nothing unexpected happens or a vacation where you can control everything, I think you should REALLY consider vacationing somewhere other than Disney World.

This 100%. Crowds and dealing with the unexpected is part of going to Disney. I don't think it is a great vacation for people that are not go with the flow types.

The unexpected can happen on any vacation. When I was in Paris, turns out there was a government strike on the day we planned to go in the Arc de Triumph, so it was closed. We didn't find out a month in advance, like here, we found out when we walked up to the monument and saw the closed sign. It's how you adapt to the unexpected that will make or break your vacation.

Good for you that your vacation planning has gone so perfectly and that you have your kids on the perfect schedule that this parade taping doesn't affect your touring or plans at all.

That is not the case for everyone and for many this is a major change. Many people have had great difficulty using My Disney Experience including booking their Fastpass+. And for many first time visitors this parade taping will have an impact on their trip. I love having pictures taken in front of the castle and that will be hindered. I also made my reservations based on the fact that I wanted to get into the park early and have those beautiful pictures before the masses arrived. I am traveling with 16 people and cannot just change my plans easily. So yes this is a major change to many of us.

Yes, thank you. I've NEVER had to stay awake more than 15 minutes past midnight. However IT issues this time around has been a nightmare.

Yes I'm very thankful for these boards - at least I have time to adjust to it.

We are going to be at Magic Kingdom during the taping of the parade and need the dreaded scooter for mobility issues. Does anyone know if you will be allowed to watch the taping if you need the scooter. Don't care if I am not in front just so I can see the taping

I don't know if it's a coincidence or not but this morning I was able to get a bunch of fast passes that weren't available since my 50 day mark. Maybe people have decided to go elsewhere and gave up those fast passes in MK. So that's good for me!!

Everyone thinks it's going to be really crowded this year. It may not be as crowded as everyone thinks, but with free dining and attendance up all year, it will at least be more crowded than the past. Anyway, what I am wondering is, supposedly a lot of Disney hotels are sold out...could some of them be sold out by groups who are going to be in the parade? I thought there were usually school bands and cheerleaders in the parade, but if POP Warner is still happening in December, am I getting confused here?
In the grand scheme of Disney numbers, I'm not sure how this will impact things, but there is a high school journalism convention going on from Nov. 12-15 at the Dolphin. There will probably be about 6,000 high school kids there plus many will probably have family along for the ride. I'm bringing seven teens myself, and word is that as early as July all on property rooms were booked up solid.

Robo, do you know when they typically post the actual taping information (schedule etc.)? Thanks in advance! :)

They never really announce much.
But, there will be leaks of info from those CMs and others who are part of the event.

Don't expect to find out much until a week or two in advance.

This is really bad news! Last time we were at WDW was the week after Thanksgiving when the parade is usually taped. We said we would never go that week again since you can't move in MK. We changed to Veteran's Day week and have to deal with the taping and early MK closures for MVMCP. I already couldn't get a lot of ADRs and am not looking forward to the new FP+ system. Ugh!

I'm not really concerned about the crowds or seeing the taping. It is what it is. I am wondering about ppo breakfasts and the welcome show. I really would love to see the welcome show. Will they announce or post if the welcome show isn't happening? Will they let you know the taping schedule? I don't want ppo breakfast if there is already a crowd of people in front of castle. What's the best thread to find up to date filming or guest star info?

This is an absolute surprise. For the longest time the taping has taken place around the first weekend in December. I'm thankful now that we did not schedule a trip at our normal time because we would have been right smack in the middle of this.

Yes. I remember when ADRs were released that was the week everyone was having trouble with. We are going the following week 19-28th and I was certain we would get nothing after hearing the horror stories the week before of nobody getting ANYTHING. We had no problems at all, got everything at any time I wanted, and the same for FP. So something weird was up with that week all along. We also have free dining, and it's the week of thanksgiving, and it was way easier than that week. Seems strange because I remember looking at the week before and it was not predicted to be busy at all- so I feel bad for those caught off guard. I guess we all need to realize that there is no slow time anymore.

Yes, we booked the 8-22 of Nov because it was after Jersey Week and before Thanksgiving, and all the crowd calendars for the past few years and predicted for this year had those 2 weeks as low crowds. The week before being high due to Jersey Week, and the week after high due to Thanksgiving. If it turns out to be busier we'll deal. I kind of like the idea of the parade taping, and hopefully that means the Christmas tree might be up before we leave. The Wednesday during the taping days is a day we are spending a full day there from rope drop to end of day as we are taking a friend that day who's never been. I'm not about to change that now. We'll make it work. I've already been preparing myself for it to be busier than expected based on the Sept threads.

(edit for embarrassing typos)

Last edited:
I'm not really concerned about the crowds or seeing the taping. It is what it is. I am wondering about ppo breakfasts and the welcome show. I really would love to see the welcome show.

1. Will they announce or post if the welcome show isn't happening?
2. Will they let you know the taping schedule?
3. I don't want ppo breakfast if there is already a crowd of people in front of castle.
4. What's the best thread to find up to date filming or guest star info?

1. Nope.
2. Not really. Not directly.
3. You may or may not know in advance on which day(s) that will be happening.
4. This is the right forum. There will likely be numerous threads when the dates get closer and more "information leaks" get posted.

IIRC, we had an 8:00 appointment at BBB on the Friday of parade taping day (9:00 opening). When we arrived at MK, those with appointments and early ADRs lined up on the left and the parade taping folks (the CMs and family members and such) were lined up outside on the right. I'm pretty sure (but not 100%) that when we finished at BBB, Main Street and the hub were full of those parade taping folks. As far as the day and crowds, it was crazy around the taping areas but ride lines were short and the taping didn't really affect us at all.

Yeah its been around the boards, blogs, and various websites for quite a while now. I think even without that, if you know that Veterans Day is that week, Jersey week is the week before, the XMAS parties are starting, and F&W is ending, it is a safe bet that its been shaping up to be probably one of the top 5-10 busiest weeks of the year, and thats before FD was announced.
I am super bummed about THAT! I also booked early and wish I had stuck to my usual October trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter