Tampa VS Orlando Air Fare

gcarney

Mouseketeer
FYI, JetBlue is having a fare sale today. We are going to Orlando Oct 18-25th. I just got us $303/pp - rt to TAMPA. Its only a 1.5 hour drive (at most)to Orlando and it saved us $486/pp- rt and those were layovers.....our flight to Tampa are direct! Just a lil heads up to my friends who like to save as much as I do!!!!! (We are flying from Boston)

I have our XMas trip all booked! Booked flights from PVD to MCO for $109 shortly after JetBlue released fares, and did the flight home today for $127 (was $109 a couple of wks. ago but missed it). Also, used points to purchase 2 of the 4 tickets needed today. I am so relieved to have flights purchased and no waiting in line with SW like we have for years. Haven't had tv's on our flights since Delta Song was around!:cool1:

I live actually IN Boston do to go to any other airport costs me more than it's worth. It's not bad though. A new adventure for our 9th trip in 5 years lol

I live close to NYC and have flown into TPA 3x to save money. For Christmas, we are actually flying into Jacksonville! The savings can really add up and for me, it's definitely worth the extra time in a car to save significant money.

We have also flown in/out of TPA too. Usually it is because we are heading to Siesta Key (on west coast of FL) before/after WDW, and TPA is closer to there when flying home.

I understand flying close from home. We are less than 15 minutes from Worcester Airport, but I just couldn't bring myself to fly from there in December knowing the airport is known for weather delays. We could have booked at a great fare from there when fares were just released too! Sitting outside this summer and seeing JetBlue planes take off over my house many days (only airline out of Worcester to date is JetBlue) tends to make me second guess my decision not to fly from Worcester though!

Logan is 1 hr away, with PVD and BDL close behind at just under 1 1/4 hrs. For us, we usually leave our car in a paid lot rather than ask someone for rides, thus we normally prefer not to pay Boston's parking prices. Another issue can be the TRAFFIC! I can understand the convenience for you being close to Logan though. It sometimes is worth checking flying into MCO from PVD, as it is not that bad to leave a car in a paid lot near the airport, especially with coupons found online or AAA discounts, and fly into MCO. Another factor for us is that we usually don't rent a car for WDW portion of our trips, but sometimes TPA can be cheaper to rent a car-not always though. MCO is much better for those not wanting to rent a car due to having Magical Express at MCO.

We have also flown in/out of TPA too. Usually it is because we are heading to Siesta Key (on west coast of FL) before/after WDW, and TPA is closer to there when flying home.

I understand flying close from home. We are less than 15 minutes from Worcester Airport, but I just couldn't bring myself to fly from there in December knowing the airport is known for weather delays. We could have booked at a great fare from there when fares were just released too! Sitting outside this summer and seeing JetBlue planes take off over my house many days (only airline out of Worcester to date is JetBlue) tends to make me second guess my decision not to fly from Worcester though!

Logan is 1 hr away, with PVD and BDL close behind at just under 1 1/4 hrs. For us, we usually leave our car in a paid lot rather than ask someone for rides, thus we normally prefer not to pay Boston's parking prices. Another issue can be the TRAFFIC! I can understand the convenience for you being close to Logan though. It sometimes is worth checking flying into MCO from PVD, as it is not that bad to leave a car in a paid lot near the airport, especially with coupons found online or AAA discounts, and fly into MCO. Another factor for us is that we usually don't rent a car for WDW portion of our trips, but sometimes TPA can be cheaper to rent a car-not always though. MCO is much better for those not wanting to rent a car due to having Magical Express at MCO.

Thanks for the info. We honestly live a 5 min drive from Logan and can't justify the trek to PVD. We also stay off property so we HAVE to rent a car. It blows my mind how much people pay to stay on property. My time share and car still don't make up 1/3 the price of staying on property. I know its more "magical" but I couldn't go there 2x a year if I had to pay this prices...

We are flying int Tampa next April. We are headed to ft. Myers but flying into there was $100 more per ticket. So we will take the 2 hour drive south instead.

TPA is always a great choice as it has a business traveler market in addition to tourist market, so certain flights can be cheaper on certain days than MCO.

Flying from PVD for people near South Station or back bay station is also easy as you can take commuter rail right to TF Green now. I'd spend $20 a person on the train to save $200 and up on the flight.

TPA is always a great choice as it has a business traveler market in addition to tourist market, so certain flights can be cheaper on certain days than MCO. Flying from PVD for people near South Station or back bay station is also easy as you can take commuter rail right to TF Green now. I'd spend $20 a person on the train to save $200 and up on the flight.

I'm very happy with the Tampa choice. We got money back in our escrow account for overpayment of property taxes so the flight cost $179 for two, total out of pocket, including even more space seats and insurance. I say we did great :).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter