• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tampa to Orlando

Bowen9475

DIS Veteran
How long is the drive from Tampa to Orlando? We are considering flying into Tampa on Saturday to see a Red Sox/Devil Rays game on a Sunday afternoon and then driving up to Orlando after the game. Our stay at BWV starts on Sunday. How long will this take? Thanks!

If I remember right, its more like 2 hours going a back route from Brooksville FL which is 1 hr north of Tampa. So give yourself about 3 hrs because traffic can be crazy sometimes and watch out for troopers. Thier cars blend in to well...

We visit WDW and my sister in Tampa so we make this trip frequently. I believe the Devil Ray's stadium is near the airport. On a Sunday afternoon/evening, traffic should be easy and it will take you about an hour. We have made it slightly under an hour on occasion. Good advice about watching out for the the State Troopers!

Tropicana Field is in downtown St. Petersburg which is across the bay from Tampa. The stadium is right at the junction of Interstates 275, 175 and 375 and is impossible to miss. Travel time from Tampa International to the stadium is less than 30 minutes. From the airport take I-275 SOUTH "St. Petersburg".

After the game if you're heading to Disney the travel time will be about 2 hours. Stadium parking empties relatively quickly because of the location next to the interstates. Follow the exits to find I-275 NORTH "Tampa". You'll cross back over the bay bridge, pass the airport, and merge onto I-4 EAST "Orlando" at downtown Tampa. Then it's I-4 all the way to WDW. On a Sunday early evening things should be pretty smooth but of course, anything can happen!

Go Rays!

BobK/Orlando

i guess i stand corrected, i guess it just seems longer...lol

but 2 hrs seems about right, when you take back roads instead of going one steady speed maybe thats why.

i just know one thing, i would rather be stationed in fl rather than here in nm

It routinely takes us about 75 mins to get from WDW to Tampa Intnl, or just past it. We visit my ds in Tampa pretty frequently and have made the drive on Sat, usually mid-morning. It's a very easy drive, and the roads are incredibly well marked!!

I've been to several Sox games at Tropicana and had a ton of fun. It's crazy that you can sometimes fly to Tampa and see a game for what it would cost to see one at Fenway. Note that if you go, it's practically a home game, as there will be more crowd support for Boston than for the Rays.

As for driving time, if everything goes perfectly, you could get theoretically get from Tropicana to the Boardwalk in an hour in a half. Realistically, plan on 2 hours. And while bad traffic is unlikely, it could take up to 3 hours if something goes wrong and traffic gets really backed up.

How long is the drive from Tampa to Orlando? We are considering flying into Tampa on Saturday to see a Red Sox/Devil Rays game on a Sunday afternoon and then driving up to Orlando after the game. Our stay at BWV starts on Sunday. How long will this take? Thanks!

I wouldn't rush;) have yet to get into any Villa much before 4:00 p.m.

Of course, it's nice to be pre-registered (they'll give you a card w/phone # to call that'll let you know when the unit is ready):thumbsup2

enjoy, keester koaster is a hoot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter