• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tampa rental car info please!

PattiPB

<font color=green>I'll be happy to learn the secre
We are landing at Tampa instead of Orlando, which we have never done before!

Could somebody please tell me which (if any) rental car companies are on-site of that airport? We want to try to avoid using a shuttle.

Thanks a lot!

Patti

We're flying into TPA also. I've booked with National EA because they are "onsight".

You'll really like the Tampa airport (I sure did.) If you ever are arriving on a late flight, stay at the Tampa Airport Marriott which is located in the terminal, it saves you a day of car rentals and is really convenient when you are tired and don't feel like venturing out late at night.

http://www.tampaairport.com/

RENTAL CAR COMPANIES ON AIRPORT

Avis
(800) 831-2847 or (813) 396-3500
Budget
(800) 527-0700 or (813) 877-6051
Dollar
(800) 800-4000 or (813) 396-3640
Hertz
(800) 654-3131 or (813) 874-3232
National
(800) 227-7368 or (813) 396-3782

Hi, We too are flying into Tampa Airport on Jan. Our airfare was so much cheaper
this way. We are renting from Avis with a code I used from Mousesavers.We got a compact for
$17.00 a day. $119 before taxes and fees. I hope the drive to Orlando can be made with ease. Have a fun trip!! Debbie-Indiana

Dollar, National are two that come to mind.
Go to Tampa's website and they will list them all.
Just do a search for Tampa International Airport.
Also, the drive to WDW is really easy, takes about 1 hour 15 mins.

I appreciate the information!

I've booked a compact from National for a total of $128 including taxes, etc, for five days, so I'm happy!

Patti

We flew into Tampa over Christmas to save money on airfare ($95 tickets, tax included! :) ), and also rented a car from National. It was so convenient. We just took our cart of luggage up the elevator and stepped out the door onto the National lot. The car was pulled up to the curb, we loaded our gear, and we were on the road in no time. We found the drive to WDW to be an easy one, too, although we did encounter some rush hour traffic on I-4.

Hope your Tampa experience is every bit as good as ours was. Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter