Tampa Bay Rays - Where shall we sit?

matt1902

is counting the days...
Hi All

We are planning to see the Rays game against the Yankees at Tropicana Field in May this year. We can afford the Upper Box, Outfield or Baseline box. At the moment there seems to be the best seats available in each of those sections so I was wondering if anyone can advise which is the best area to sit in and why?

Thanks

Of the 3 sections you mentioned, I would go with upper box or outfield. The upper box is nice because you have a great view of the entrie field from behind home plate. While it is in the upper level, the seats are in the first couple of rows of the section. Try to get something as close to section 300 as possible. Outfield is nice for a couple of reasons as well. Its fun to always have a shot at a homerun! Both left and right field are nice, but there is a big scoreboard in right field. If you sit in LF, you can easily see the scoreboard whereas you will have to turn around to look at it if you sit in RF. One thing thats nice about the OF compared to the upper deck is that you will get out of the stadium much quicker at the end of the game, thereby avoiding a little traffic! I would avoid the baseline box if you have other options...sometimes the view from these seats can be a little akward.

In the end though, it really depends on what kind of vier you are looking for, but both the upper box and OF would be fine.

It would depend on the price difference for me. My favorite sections are 135 or 137. This is just left of the 3rd base line near outfield. You have a great view of the scoreboard, you see the entire field and just at the top of the stairs is the bathroom and the concession area. If you are a smoker, there's an exit to a smoking section very near by.

If the price drop is significant from 137 to 139 (outfield) I'd go for 139. I would avoid right field simply because as the pp said, the scoreboard is behind you.

We've been in the even # baseline box which puts you on the 1st base line toward outfield. Not sure if you know this or not (don't mean to offend if you do) but 1st base side is considered "home team" and 3rd base is "visiting team". Even though I'm a Rays fan, I prefer the 3rd base line much more than the 1st.

www.raysbaseball.com has the views from the seats-click around a bit and you'll find it.

Of the 3 sections you mentioned, I would go with upper box or outfield. The upper box is nice because you have a great view of the entrie field from behind home plate. While it is in the upper level, the seats are in the first couple of rows of the section. Try to get something as close to section 300 as possible. Outfield is nice for a couple of reasons as well. Its fun to always have a shot at a homerun! Both left and right field are nice, but there is a big scoreboard in right field. If you sit in LF, you can easily see the scoreboard whereas you will have to turn around to look at it if you sit in RF. One thing thats nice about the OF compared to the upper deck is that you will get out of the stadium much quicker at the end of the game, thereby avoiding a little traffic! I would avoid the baseline box if you have other options...sometimes the view from these seats can be a little akward.

In the end though, it really depends on what kind of vier you are looking for, but both the upper box and OF would be fine.
Thanks for the advice on this - have just bought tickets in the upper box - got section 300 right behind the plate - row L :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter