Tampa airport hotels/Amerisuites

BigDave

Mouseketeer
Hi all:

The wife needs to stay at a hotel for one night near Tampa airport. Found a rate of 59 for an Amerisuites. Good rate (best for any hotels nearby) but she is a stickler for cleanliness.

Any thoughts/suggestions? We are only familiar with Disney off site hotels!!

Thanks.

BigDave

I've had inconsistent experiences w/ amerisuites. Not been
to the one you're considering though.

Stayed there once a few years ago. I wouldn't say it was dirty, but I thought it was run down. I was disappointed because I like the room layout (it was like Embassy Suites). You might ask them if they have done any renovating recently.

thanks DisneyDavid:

run down is all I need to hear. Scratching that one off the list!!

BigDave

Anyone have suggestions on Airport Hotels near Tampa. I am booked at Amerisuites ($112) because I thought it was a nice hotel with an airport shuttle. We are arriving late and want a close hotel with a shuttle that I can just take back to the airport in the morning to pick up rental car. I, too, am concerned about cleanliness and safety. We prefer hotels with inside corridors.

Any suggestions?

We were going to just book at the Airport Marriott but the price of $194 + tax (AAA) in March seems very high for this convenience.

The Tampa Airport Marriott is a little expensive, but we stayed there in April and loved it. Our plane landed at 11:00 p.m. and you literally walk from the terminal into the hotel lobby. It was very convenient. We were travelling with 3 kids, so at that time of the night, a little convenience goes a long way. Our room had large windows which look right out onto the airport runways. We enjoyed watching the planes land and take off before we left the next morning. We also figured we saved a day on our car rental, since we didn't pick up our rental until the next morning. That helped us justify the price a little more, also.

I've stayed at 3 different hotels at or near the Tampa airport.

The Marriott is the most convenient, being located right in the airport terminal. It is a rather bland hotel, though. They have a wonderful breakfast buffet, which run about $10 if I remember correctly.

I also stayed at the Wyndham Westshore (the same night as the Washington Redskins football team stayed there.) This is a nice hotel, nothing spectacular though, and overpriced in my opinion. Breakfast is pricey.

My favorite, and the hotel I would recommend (also is the least expensive of the 3), was the Chase Suites. They have a free continental style breakfast buffet, which had the biggest selection of food I have ever seen on a free breakfast (waffles, all kinds of fresh fruit, yogurt, etc.). The suites were roomy and extremely clean. The location is safe and away from the hustle and bustle, yet only a couple minutes away from the airport. They run a 24 hr free shuttle to the airport. Expedia wants $109/nite for them, but there is a special internet rate of $69-89 (depending on your date of stay) at travelnow. Here is a link directly to the Chase property: http://www.travelnow.com/index.jsp?pageName=hotInfo&hotelID=112836&cid=26954

If your travel dates are close, you may even find a last minute special on the Chase website: http://www.woodfinsuitehotels.com/hotels/tampa.html

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter