• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tambu Lounge - currently open? Sticky wings? Bread pudding?

NorweJenNY

Always expanding my knowledge of the World
I heard rumors Tambu Lounge at the Polynesian was going to be temporarily closing after July 4th, but I didn’t know for how long...

Are they open? Or when will they be? Is this still an option for sticky wings and ‘Ohana bread pudding without actually going to ‘Ohana? Or are there currently other options for these?

It’s going to take several months to recruit and train bartenders to be as awesome as they were circa 2010.

The last two times we had drinks from there, they were awful. A decade ago, though, they had World Class mixologists working there. I hope that’s why it’s closing.

It’s going to take several months to recruit and train bartenders to be as awesome as they were circa 2010.

The last two times we had drinks from there, they were awful. A decade ago, though, they had World Class mixologists working there. I hope that’s why it’s closing.

I seriously doubt it’s closing to replace the current staff. All the reports have listed expansion and refurbishments to make it easier to serve both Ohana and the patrons of the lounge itself.

I'm hoping for an expansion!!! We love to go for bread pudding and drinks but it's hard to find a seat and it takes FOREVER to get served!!

I just really hope they don’t take away the option of getting the bread pudding there, it’s so nice to know that I can get it without having to get an Ohana reservation!

From the looks of it its just a few tables set up, I don't see where food is going to really be an option but hopefully Im wrong

I’m going in October and plan a night of dining around the monorail around the nachos here...think it’ll be open again by mid-October? Or will they have a temporary set up somewhere?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter