TALL TODDLER...stroller issues

ObsessedwithWDW

Mouseketeer-Trip Planner with a PASSION
PLEASE HELP. My daughter is two but she is in a size 4 clothes she is 39 inches and 37 lbs. She looks about 4 years old. We are going back to Disney in September and I like to take my own stroller....after all again she is only 2 and WILL nap or tire of walking. I have the Maclaren Quest and her feet are almost on the ground???? Anyone know of a stroller that is set higher so my child won't catch her feet under the wheels?!?!?!? THANKS!

my DD4 is the same size as yours 40" and 37lbs. we just bought a mac volo for our trip. we have used it a few times and she seems to fit in it and says it's very comfortable. she keeps her feet on the footrest. i'm not sure how far they would go if she just dangled them.

i would think the volo and quest are the same size, but it may be worth it to try it out.

thanks for the advice i just pulled out my Volo to see how she fits....problem is there is no recline and my 2 year old still likes her nap....what to do what to do. :confused3

my son was okay foot rest wise in the graco ipo also when we tried it. the macs were fine also.
the chicco and combi footrests were in a bad position for him and he dragged his feet on the wheels.

HMMM...my DD is 43 inches tall and fits in her Quest just fine. :confused3 She does have to keep her feet on the footrest though

EDIT: oops...I'm a dope...my daugther has a Triumph!!! Maybe that are longer? They do recline. Maybe you should check out the Triumphs.

If you're looking for something that will 'last' (in terms of growth, not just durability) for a while, you might want to consider:

Valco Buggster
Baby Jogger City Mini Single

Both go to around 50lbs and accomodate far more in the way of height (I have a couple of tall girls too) than many others. HTH!

If you're looking for something that will 'last' (in terms of growth, not just durability) for a while, you might want to consider:

Valco Buggster
Baby Jogger City Mini Single

Both go to around 50lbs and accomodate far more in the way of height (I have a couple of tall girls too) than many others. HTH!

I have the Baby Jogger City Mini Single and while mine is still in the box (bought it for our trip in September LOL), I have heard great things about. I know of 2 moms who both have big/tall kids around 2-3 years old and they fit in the BJ Mini really well. Maybe you can find a store that carries it and try it out. HTH

We just bought a mutsy spider that holds kids until 55 lbs. It is alot higher off the ground than my mac, and reclines perfectly. The foot rest is slanted back a bit and my 5 yo who is only 37 lbs and 42 inches fits in it great. I took my parent cupholder/bag off my mac and put it on the mutsy. Plus the mutsy has adjustable handles for taller parents (DH is 6'4) and that is a plus. Check out barebabies.com for a great deal on it. :)

KInda pricey, but I *Puffy pink heart* :love: my BOB Revolution. My DS is HUGE for his age...35 in @ 16 months. He is nowhere close to outgrowing it. It holds up to 75 lbs or more.

KInda pricey, but I *Puffy pink heart* :love: my BOB Revolution. My DS is HUGE for his age...35 in @ 16 months. He is nowhere close to outgrowing it. It holds up to 75 lbs or more.

The BOB revolution is such an awesome stroller, and we got the double since DS is tall. REI has the 2008 models on sale, $286.99 for the single and $422.99 for the double. If you have a REI store near you, shipping to the store is absolutely free.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter