Tall guy: 6'7" -- limitations?

awdsmama

DIS Veteran
My parents may go with us in May and my dad is a tall guy...6'7 and not slender either ;-) Not too big...can sit in a Southwest Airline seat with belt extender, no 2nd seat required. Not trying to be rude, just trying to get accurate idea here.....what will he have problems on if we go? Anything he should just not try?

My husband is 6'5", 250 and can fit on MOST things but some are definitely pushing it to the limit. For example, Screamin' and Space Mountain he can manage to rock himself back and forth in the seat until he is wedged firmly in the seat with his knee caps touching the front. It's very painful for him, but those are some of my favorite rides so I kind of pressure him to ride them with me...

My DH is 6'5" and what many call "Big and Tall." He has ridden just about everything at DLR, but some were not quite comfortable, like Sonnyjane described.

Now, he was perfectly safe when riding Big Thunder Mountain, but he said that he FELT like he was literally going to lose his head on any next hill going up and down. Again, he was totally safe and to my knowledge there are no maximum heights, but his perception while riding it left him to where he will NEVER ride it again. Perception can do a lot for your sense of fun!
- Dreams

if you have kids and go on the Winnie the Pooh ride ask to sit in front. I'm only 6'0 but I can't stand sitting in the back seat on that ride as my knees get crushed. the front seat has a ton of room and I have no issues. it's one of DDs favorite rides so I have been on it a lot the last two trips.

I'm 6' 4" and the worst ride for me is Goofy Sky School. I have to cross my ankles in order to fit into the seats.

DH is big and tall and has trouble getting into and out of the Matterhorn bobsleds. Since his height is through his upper body, I often worry about clearance on Big Thunder Mtn, but he hasn't been decapitated yet.

Years ago they had the Maliboomer in DCA, and DH wouldn't even attempt to fit in those tiny seats. But that ride has long-since been removed.

Actually, DLR is a lot more "large rider friendly" than Six Flags, Universal, or other amusement parks.

My husband is 6' 10" and won't ride Space Mountain to this day because he claims that when he first rode it years ago that he felt a beam brush the top of his head (not sure if this was at WDW or DL). Just perception? Quite possibly but as other posters said that's what matters!

Having gone to DL many times with someone who is 6'5" ...

- Front row in the trams from the parking structure. The other rows were not roomy.
- Front row of Pirates has nice leg room

Have a great trip!

i'm 6'3 and the only ride that really kills me is Goofy's Flight School. Others can be a tiny bit uncomfortable but more then doable

My boyfriend is 6'6"/220ish and I don't remember him complaining about anything being too tight. But now that someone else has mentioned it, I think Goofy's Sky School was tight, but it's tight for me, too, at 5'5".

However, in WDW, we were unable to fit comfortably in the rockets. I haven't been on ours in a long time. But if he had been sitting alone he would have been okay ;)

I'm 5' 3 and Goofy's Flight School is hard for me to fit in.

Same with my wife. She won't ride it anymore, she feels like we are both going to be tossed over due to us both being plus sized. I think I got a better chance of getting her on TZ:ToT then I do of her on Goofy's. :rolleyes1

A lot depends on if he is evenly perportioned. My DH is 6'7", but he has a long torso. So, rides with tight leg room aren't the main issue. The main issue is the width of the seat and how high the back of the seat is. He definately can't do Indy, because with all the jerking around, the back of the seat hits him right in the middle of his back. He also won't do Matterhorn because so much of his body is getting whipped around!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter